View Poll Results: Do you use Firefox?
Yes 45 73.77%
No 5 8.20%
I Use IE 11 18.03%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-06, 01:14 PM   #13
DarkJedi664

Send a message via MSN to DarkJedi664
Default Re: Do you use FireFox? And why?

besides tabbed browsing, how has IE7 "stolen" features of FF? The phising filter actually came first from IE7, and tabbed browsing has been around for ages, so FF wasn't first.

Also, if you use IE, have you tried any IE shells like Avant Browser, or maxathon? I personally use Avant Browser mainly for the tabs and the fact that it'll save my open pages so when i load it later, all my pages are opened again (i LOVE that); IE7 now has that feature which is cool; but i love bottom tabs instead of top tabs; easier to work with.

thanks for the responses guys, keep em coming.

http://card.mygamercard.net/IshimaruKenta.png
DarkJedi664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 01:22 PM   #14
evilghost

I use Firefox because it's cross-platform and works on Linux. I've also used Opera as well. Both support Tabbed Browsing. As ac12tic clearly stated IE is chit and anyone using it is either already owned or is likely to be owned in the near future.

Reasons why IE is shovelware, notice the dates as FYI, I've only pulled this month's unpatched security vulnerabilities:

2006-07-21 : Microsoft Internet Explorer "Content-Type" Header Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
2006-07-21 : Microsoft Internet Explorer CEnroll Object Handling Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
19.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer Office Web Components Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
19.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer Common Controls Library Remote Integer Overflow Vulnerability
17.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer DirectX Image Transform Object Denial of Service Vulnerability
17.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer "MHTMLFile" Object Client-Side Denial of Service Vulnerability
15.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer "FolderItem" Object Access Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
13.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer DirectX Image Transform Object Denial of Service Vulnerability
12.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer "TriEditDocument" Object Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
11.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer HTML Editing Component Denial of Service Vulnerability
09.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer "DirectAnimation" Control Denial of Service Vulnerability
09.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer Remote Data Service Object Denial of Service Vulnerability
07.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer "appendChild()" Client-Side Denial of Service Vulnerability
06.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer Structured Graphics Control Denial of Service Vulnerability
03.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer HTML Help Control "HHCtrl" Memory Corruption Vulnerability
03.07.2006 : Microsoft Internet Explorer Data Access ActiveX Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 01:36 PM   #15
AdmiralHalsey..
Hands Across The Sky...

I just use it for the tabbed browsing, not taskbar crowding and stuff. I also like how easy it is to adjust the themes and extensions, and the crazy fact that its good and free.
Old 07-21-06, 01:42 PM   #16
DarkJedi664

ummmm when was the last time you got hacked? Or hacked just for using IE? NEVER! and by the way, FF isn't without their security flaws either. people only care because IE has 85+% market share. granted i'm not saying IE is the best thing since sliced bread, but people need to realize that IE is NOT as insecure as people think it is. all software has security flaws, and the only reason why people try to exploit those flaws is because so many people use it; yet no one cares to hack FF or Mac, because they aren't popular.

Free??? since when has MS charged for IE? and don't give me the BS of i paid for it with windows. Opera was a pay browser, though thankfully they went to free; but their mobile client is still pay.

Old 07-21-06, 01:48 PM   #17
evilghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJedi664
ummmm when was the last time you got hacked? Or hacked just for using IE? NEVER! and by the way, FF isn't without their security flaws either. people only care because IE has 85+% market share. granted i'm not saying IE is the best thing since sliced bread, but people need to realize that IE is NOT as insecure as people think it is. all software has security flaws, and the only reason why people try to exploit those flaws is because so many people use it; yet no one cares to hack FF or Mac, because they aren't popular.

Free??? since when has MS charged for IE? and don't give me the BS of i paid for it with windows. Opera was a pay browser, though thankfully they went to free; but their mobile client is still pay.
I run Linux so I don't get "hacked". However to cite your IE example specifically would 1+ Million people being served malware from MySpace due to a banner-iframe count?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/secur...are_to_mo.html

Quote:
Internet Explorer users who visited a Web page containing this ad and whose IE was not equipped with the WMF patch would not get that warning. Rather, their machines would silently download a Trojan horse program that installs junk software in the PurityScan/ClickSpring family of adware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJedi664
people only care because IE has 85+% market share.
Tell me more about these numbers your pull from your arse.
IE - 65%, http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
IE - 55%, http://www.safalra.com/website/web-b...-market-share/

If you ever were going to apply for a job at Krispi-Kreme now would be the time to do so because I just made your mouth look like a glazed donut.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 01:56 PM   #18
boro

Opera.
Old 07-21-06, 02:05 PM   #19
DarkJedi664

from the wiki:

"Nevertheless, Internet Explorer remains the dominant web browser, with a global usage share of around 85% (based on statistics reference). Usage is higher in Asia and lower in Europe. For example, the share is around 94% in Japan, and around 70% in Germany."

what i'm talking about is global market share...and was that some sort of a diss you were trying to attempt?

Old 07-21-06, 02:15 PM   #20
Schugy
Palit GF 7600GT AGP

Send a message via ICQ to Schugy Send a message via AIM to Schugy Send a message via Yahoo to Schugy

I use Linux since 2001. There was no IE but the Mozilla Suite 0.9. I've tried several early Firefoxes but I switched with 1.0.

Other friends and relatives use FF too. It's stable, feature rich and easy to use.

FF usage is 39% here in Germany ;-)
Schugy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-06, 02:26 PM   #21
DarkJedi664

39%, and IE is 70%, hmmm 109%?

i'm not trying to start a flame war here, so please don't make it; i just want to find actual answers here.

Last edited by DarkJedi664; 07-21-06 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-21-06, 02:48 PM   #22
Schugy
Palit GF 7600GT AGP

Send a message via ICQ to Schugy Send a message via AIM to Schugy Send a message via Yahoo to Schugy

I just use the OneStat numbers, Websidestory tells us it's just 26,6%.
Schugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 03:29 PM   #23
Aphot
lol wut?

Send a message via AIM to Aphot Send a message via MSN to Aphot

Firefox is alot cleaner looking, and has alot more feature I can use VS IE.
2 HIS HD6970's in Crossfire
Western Digital;
2 Velociraptor 300GB in Raid 0
2 Caviar Black 1.0TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Denon PRA-1000 , POA-1500
Celestion Ditton 442's
Corsair HX 1050
Antec P183
Dell U2410
Sennheiser HD 555
Razer Deathadder / Razer Lycosa
Aphot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 03:57 PM   #24
|MaguS|

Firefox for me feels faster and just more stable when browsing many pages at once. Here at work everything is web based so im forced to use IE since were not allowed to change the default settings for the network. I just hate how I have no tab browsing and how slow it loads even network pages.

Firefox > all

Vista better allow me to use Firefox...