Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-12-06, 12:55 AM   #1
toshiro

Default dual-head setup problems

Hi! I'm using Debian sid with the latest debian xorg and nvidia propietary drivers.

I have 2 monitors: one CRT and one DFP; I'm using a dual-head configuration (no Xinerama, the monitors are too different to share a common dpi resolution).

By default, the primary display is associated to the CRT monitor; I want to use the Flat Panel Display to behave as the Primary Screen; I've been trying several configurations but I haven't succeed; anyone knows how to do it? (I may post my xorg.conf file if that may help.)

Thanks in advance,

--
Toshiro.
http://www.perlhowto.com
toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 01:31 AM   #2
BashfulTux

Default Re: dual-head setup problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Hi! I'm using Debian sid with the latest debian xorg and nvidia propietary drivers.

I have 2 monitors: one CRT and one DFP; I'm using a dual-head configuration (no Xinerama, the monitors are too different to share a common dpi resolution).

By default, the primary display is associated to the CRT monitor; I want to use the Flat Panel Display to behave as the Primary Screen; I've been trying several configurations but I haven't succeed; anyone knows how to do it? (I may post my xorg.conf file if that may help.)

Thanks in advance,

--
Toshiro.
http://www.perlhowto.com

Try in the device section for the primary display Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP" and for the secondary section Option "UseDisplayDevice" "CRT" and if you wanted to try the Xinerama use Option "DPI" "100x100" in the same sections for each device changing to the dpi you want set for each monitor.
BashfulTux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 03:09 PM   #3
toshiro

Smile Re: dual-head setup problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashfulTux
Try in the device section for the primary display Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP" and for the secondary section Option "UseDisplayDevice" "CRT" and if you wanted to try the Xinerama use Option "DPI" "100x100" in the same sections for each device changing to the dpi you want set for each monitor.
Your solution worked perfectly! Thank you very much for your help!

Regarding Xinerama, I think it's not possible to have different dpi in each monitor, right?
Old 08-12-06, 03:17 PM   #4
BashfulTux

Default Re: dual-head setup problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Your solution worked perfectly! Thank you very much for your help!

Regarding Xinerama, I think it's not possible to have different dpi in each monitor, right?
I'm not sure there I just use the different dpi in a dual head setup, could be worth a try though worst than can happen is the xserver fails to start that is if you really want the Xinerama.
BashfulTux is offline   Reply With Quote