Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-03, 03:39 PM   #37
volt

Well, that's certainly crapping and I don't appreciate it.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 08-09-03, 04:28 PM   #38
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Well, that's certainly crapping and I don't appreciate it.
His original posts before editing were much more inflamatory than the ones in the thread now. He deserved what he got and he got off easy.

Methinks he set it up like that just so he could get all puffy-chested again, but you can't just re-write history. It'd be like me going back in that thread now and changing the bit where I say he's acting like a prick about shipping, I just don't do that kind of thing.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-09-03, 04:50 PM   #39
madthumbs

Your personal attacks are totally unwarranted and reflect the direction this forum has been going in that has influenced me to almost stop posting here. I believe you have a personal reason for attacking me that goes beyond anything in this forum or ebay. Is she or it worth sacrificing your own reputation for?
Old 08-09-03, 04:55 PM   #40
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by madthumbs
Your personal attacks are totally unwarranted and reflect the direction this forum has been going in that has influenced me to almost stop posting here. I believe you have a personal reason for attacking me that goes beyond anything in this forum or ebay. Is she or it worth sacrificing your own reputation for?
I have no idea what "she or it" you're talking about or what kind of personal agenda you think I have, you paranoa is kind of creepy though.

I didn't like the way you were insulting people about questioning your shipping, and your editing of it after the fact doesn't change it one bit.

If I went back right now and changed "prick" to "jerk" and then said you were all full of it, would that be right? Because it feels like the exact situation I'm facing with you right now.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-09-03, 05:39 PM   #41
Kain

Too many car posts, eh?
Old 08-09-03, 05:49 PM   #42
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kain
Too many car posts, eh?
Yeah, something like that.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-09-03, 05:49 PM   #43
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

knock it off ladies.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
Old 08-09-03, 06:01 PM   #44
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
knock it off ladies.
Sorry Dad.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 08-09-03, 07:19 PM   #45
Clay

Quote:
Gave it a try here. Actually stopped posting for some time. I don't fit in in this forum anymore. The last draw; http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...411#post172411 .

-Just more evidence that this forum's being overrun by morons. I just proved my point there as well.

Practically the same post here; http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...eadid=33703433

-notice the difference?
madthumbs...

Yes, I notice a difference. Your post here at nV News is pugnacious in nature whereas your post at Rage3D was not. A few of your own quotes support this:
Quote:
I will cancel any bids from people who whine about these costs in feedback!
You then respond to Headbust with:
Quote:
I will cancel any bid from a bidder that has left neg. feedback concerning shipping costs as it's stupid to complain about something as upfront as that.
Headbust responded with "ya......right...." and you came back with:
Quote:
I do NOT want to do business with any idiot that would be discontent with a flat, upfront, and figured into final cost shipping and handeling rate, so please do not bid!
If you're really sincere about what you say then why continue to post? It sure appears to anyone exercising common sense that you just want to argue.

For you to make this blanket statement...
Quote:
Just more evidence that this forum's being overrun by morons. I just proved my point there as well.
...is outright confounding.

Maybe you just need a hug?

Nothing personal madthumbs...I just really don't see the sense in any of this (from any perspective...should be a non-issue and something to ignore IMO) and now I'm bummed that I even spent any time on this topic.
Old 08-09-03, 09:17 PM   #46
madthumbs

@maxpower

-What is wrong with cancelling bids from people who are aimed to leave negative feedback for their own stupidity? If they're not going to be happy, why should I let them proceed?

-Complaining about flat shipping costs in 'feedback' is stupid. You'd have to be stupid not to agree with that wouldn't you?

-As for proving my point; you don't think that the misconceptions spewed about the 9500 to 9700 mod was moronic/idiotic? I proved them wrong on every facet! is it wrong to try to stear away people like that to avoid future problems?

Is it wrong that I want to be upfront and let these kinds of people know that I don't want them bidding?

I further don't understand the differences in posts. I copied and pasted from here to there, then went back and added this to the original post;

"Shipping and Handeling is $20 flat for Continental US only. If there's any problem whatsoever with this, please do not bid! I will cancel any bids from people who whine about these costs in feedback!"

-This was in response to the unwarranted hissy fits about the shipping. It was not there originally, despite what DigitalWanderer may think. I did not "soften" the post. I hardened it. The way I see it, I'm doing them a favor by letting them know upfront that their bids will not be accepted. Was that wrong?
Old 08-09-03, 09:31 PM   #47
digitalwanderer

Quote:
@maxpower

-What is wrong with cancelling bids from people who are aimed to leave negative feedback for their own stupidity? If they're not going to be happy, why should I let them proceed?

-Complaining about flat shipping costs in 'feedback' is stupid. You'd have to be stupid not to agree with that wouldn't you?

-As for proving my point; you don't think that the misconceptions spewed about the 9500 to 9700 mod was moronic/idiotic? I proved them wrong on every facet! is it wrong to try to stear away people like that to avoid future problems?

Is it wrong that I want to be upfront and let these kinds of people know that I don't want them bidding?
No, but you should kind of expect some of those kind of people to be less than pleased at having you call stupid/idiotic/moronic and such, and to cry foul over getting back what you give is just sour grapes and whining.

You disrespect people and you should expect to be met with some disrespect yourself.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-09-03, 09:36 PM   #48
Clay

madthumbs...

Point taken about the posts being identical initially. I don't have any issue with how you deal with shipping and all, that's your prerogative. I made no reference to the whole 9500/9700 topic so no beef there either.

I'm not defending DW or anyone else. Just hate to see these kind of pi$$ing matches over a whole lot of nothing.

No, I don't see anything wrong at all with you being upfront with people. My take is that you just came across a bit less than cordial. Maybe ppl were trolling you, I dunno.

Regardless, I'm tossed in my two cents because I wasn't really thrilled with your thread topic: "This forum has deteriorated into crap" nor did I appreciate this little gem: "Just more evidence that this forum's being overrun by morons. I just proved my point there as well."

Again, nothing personal. You have a much longer history here than I do and that demands some amount of respect I suppose. However, if you share any mutual respect for the rest of the staff here at nV News then I'd say an apology of some sort is in order.

Closed Thread