Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-03, 08:56 PM   #49
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by maxpower
if you share any mutual respect for the rest of the staff here at nV News then I'd say an apology of some sort is in order.
Well, I'm sorry I used the word "prick"...I should have just said "arrogant lil cuss" or something a bit more innocuous.

Me sentiment remains the same, but I do apologize for the inflamatory flavor of me semantical choice.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-09-03, 08:59 PM   #50
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Well, I'm sorry I used the word "prick"...I should have just said "arrogant lil cuss" or something a bit more innocuous.

Me sentiment remains the same, but I do apologize for the inflamatory flavor of me semantical choice.
That wasn't directed at you DW, but appreciated all the same. Tempers can flare, that happens and all but when you sit back and look at things for what they are...well it's big of you (or anyone *hint hint madthumbs* ) to apologize in situations like this.
Old 08-09-03, 09:01 PM   #51
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Again, nothing personal. You have a much longer history here than I do and that demands some amount of respect I suppose.
A member's history on this forum means precisely nothing. Mr. nV News History himself (aka ibGoodEnuf) was banned without a second thought. And he always touted himself as one of the longest standing members, even though his post count didn't indicate otherwise.

If you built up enough demerits among the mods/admins you will be banned regardless of who you are.
Old 08-09-03, 09:02 PM   #52
madthumbs

Thanks maxpower, I respect what you have to say now. I tend to be direct and should work at being more cordial as you put it. I have been here longer, and have seen the state of things degrade. I'm sorry that you and others as well probably thought this thread was aimed toward "all" of you. I am however disappointed with the administration or someone here for not dealing with this mess in a way I would consider appropriate. I am sorry for the time you wasted on this. Once this situation is over I don't plan on being back. I believe it would be benificial for me and the forum as I just don't fit in anymore. It was a pleasant change reading what you had to say. Thanks!
Old 08-09-03, 09:05 PM   #53
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
A member's history on this forum means precisely nothing.
Couldn't agree with you more...I just didn't elaborate. What I mean is that if you've been around a long time and you're not a tool, have earned ppls respect, etc...then that's where I was going with that.
Old 08-09-03, 09:10 PM   #54
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by madthumbs
Once this situation is over I don't plan on being back. I believe it would be benificial for me and the forum as I just don't fit in anymore. It was a pleasant change reading what you had to say. Thanks!
np Thanks for the apology, it's appreciated. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sorry to hear yours is what it is but no one is going to change it of course. So, I suggest that the situation is now over and wish you well after having made your last post here at nV News.
Old 08-09-03, 09:43 PM   #55
madthumbs

-Last post? The situation is unresolved. The flames and thread crapping should never have been left. Until this situation is resolved appropriately, I'm still here to deal with it.
Old 08-09-03, 09:59 PM   #56
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by madthumbs
-Last post? The situation is unresolved. The flames and thread crapping should never have been left. Until this situation is resolved appropriately, I'm still here to deal with it.
I think it's about as dealt with as it's going to get.

(I was willing to let this go too.... )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 08-09-03, 10:27 PM   #57
eesa
the original postmasta'

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Meh, moderating is so tiresome, anyway.
preach it bro! heh.

madthumbs, still stirring up trouble? Believe it or not, IMHO, these are still some of the maturest forums around. There is actually intelligent life here. Sure the forum layout is cluttered beyond belief and when I first got there I couldn't find my way around to anything and things have gotten a little too comercialized for my taste, the good still outweighs the bad.
Old 08-09-03, 10:31 PM   #58
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by eesa
There is actually intelligent life here.
There was until you showed up.
Old 08-09-03, 10:37 PM   #59
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by eesa
...things have gotten a little too comercialized for my taste, the good still outweighs the bad.
Just curious, could you elaborate a bit about "too commercialized"? I'm pretty new around here and I see that you go way back and all.

BTW, thought you were just making the "one post"...what's the count up to now? Buzzzz....buzzzz...there's that bug, don't let it bitecha!
Old 08-09-03, 10:53 PM   #60
eesa
the original postmasta'

Quote:
Just curious, could you elaborate a bit about "too commercialized"? I'm pretty new around here and I see that you go way back and all.

BTW, thought you were just making the "one post"...what's the count up to now? Buzzzz....buzzzz...there's that bug, don't let it bitecha!
well yeah, I got one word for that - procrastination. I got this final on semiconductor properties coming up and just looking at the material makes me feel sick.

As for commercializm, there's really no quick way to answer that question well. I guess at the risk of misinterpretation, I'd have to say that I really enjoyed it back then when 3dfx was all the rage, the fans were passionate, the community was something distinct and had character (i.e. not mainstream), and we actually _needed_ the new hardware to play good games. Now everything has become so comodity - even my neighbour's dog has heard of a "geforce" card (though they couldn't tell the difference between an nv10 and an nv25), the site has all these coporate connections now, the forums are certainly much larger and less tightknit,... I don't know. I really can go on forever in an attempt to describe how I feel but I guess in essence I feel like things have been cheapened from 3D graphics becoming mainstream. Well specifically this site, let me say it's still the best around (or maybe I'm just biased), but seeing all the banners and the polish and the recognition that this place is getting (it's actually being linked to now regularly), I guess it's definitely a good thing cause it's grown so much, but at the same time a part of me misses the way things used to be.
Closed Thread