Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-03, 12:00 AM   #61
The Baron

Hm.

Maybe we should put on some SUPER SECRET HIDDEN FORUMS for Special People.

Old 08-10-03, 12:08 AM   #62
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Hm.

Maybe we should put on some SUPER SECRET HIDDEN FORUMS for Special People.
Oh go ahead and make him a mod already and y'all can go do your secret handshake and such in the staff forums!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-10-03, 12:23 AM   #63
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by eesa
Well specifically this site, let me say it's still the best around (or maybe I'm just biased), but seeing all the banners and the polish and the recognition that this place is getting (it's actually being linked to now regularly), I guess it's definitely a good thing cause it's grown so much, but at the same time a part of me misses the way things used to be.
Cool, thanks for going into more detail. Yeah, I see where you're coming from. There's really no *special* hardware now like there used to be.
Old 08-10-03, 12:39 AM   #64
eesa
the original postmasta'

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Oh go ahead and make him a mod already and y'all can go do your secret handshake and such in the staff forums!
lol, you do that and I might feel pressured to work and as a result leave again. Besides, do you really want me to read all that crap you're saying about me behind me back?
Old 08-10-03, 12:53 AM   #65
StealthHawk

This whole situation is rather unreal. Why people would stoop to complaining about the shipping...if you don't want to pay it, don't bid on it. It's not like there's no other cards up for bid, sheesh. That thread has gone on far enough, it's ridiculous.

Old 08-10-03, 01:09 AM   #66
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
This whole situation is rather unreal. Why people would stoop to complaining about the shipping...if you don't want to pay it, don't bid on it.
It wasn't his shipping policy so much as his general rudeness and arrogance that I was miffed over.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-10-03, 01:11 AM   #67
eesa
the original postmasta'

yeah, it is pretty ridiculous. Looks like I missed quite a firefight. Once I saw a post to well a 200mmx chip for $200 bucks. At the time the cpu was worth just about as much as it is now, give or take a few. I laughed, but that's it. I guess my point is if I choose to ask for more than what you feel is reasonable, just just move on. You don't see me burning down best buy even though most of their stuff are nothing more than nicely packaged ripoffs.

and if you don't like the salesperson (I could use best buy as an example again), then just leave. Nothing personal.
Old 08-10-03, 01:15 AM   #68
ChrisRay

If you dont like it so much? why do you keep coming back. Leave already. Quit complaining about a free forum.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Old 08-10-03, 01:19 AM   #69
digitalwanderer

Angry THIS SUCKS NUTS!

I was pruned from that bloody arrogant ghits bloody ad thread along with any other bloody post that the ghit bloody didn't bloody like?!?

I AM BLOODY PISSED!

It was you Stealthhawk, wasn't it.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-10-03, 01:36 AM   #70
eesa
the original postmasta'

Default Re: THIS SUCKS NUTS!

Quote:

I AM BLOODY PISSED!
lol. you crack me up. Check your pm
Old 08-10-03, 01:45 AM   #71
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: THIS SUCKS NUTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by eesa
lol. you crack me up. Check your pm
Checked, but I ain't seeing nothing.

EDITED BITS: Doh! It came right after I posted it. Back atcha in 5 minutes.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Last edited by digitalwanderer; 08-10-03 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-10-03, 01:48 AM   #72
eesa
the original postmasta'

Default Re: Re: Re: THIS SUCKS NUTS!

Quote:
Checked, but I ain't seeing nothing.
no dude. it was definitely sent to you. And msg tracking says you're online, but haven't read the msg. Perhaps I'm on your ignore list
Closed Thread