Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-22-06, 08:06 PM   #1
Son Goku

Default When rude people annoy the hell out of one

So here I was, doing a quest, and did all the work in WoW for the corrupted quest. I gathered the water, got the stores, and wanted to finish the thing before the reset. Draw out the sytire for the kill, and up jumps some person and starts killing my quest boss, that I summoned, and he didn't lift a fricken finger to do, party, or anything.

And when all is said and done, the SOB's only words are "well I got the quest", completely pleased of himself. So now I don't have the quest items to summon it again, and can't continue unless I abandon quest, and start again. I swear, they aught to bind the quest monsters to the person who summons them, so only they, or someone who is partied to them can get quest credit for their death, regardless of who tries to interfere with someone elses quest.

The servers were set for a rollign restart about 2 mins after he stole my quest from me...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-06, 10:24 PM   #2
Son Goku

Default Re: When rude people annoy the hell out of one

Oh, check it out. The sheer audacity of this guy. After the restart, we weren't where we had walked to, but back in the camp, as the last few instances weren't saved by the server. So after, all was said and done, and he patted himself on the back and pretty much threw it in my face how he stole my quest, hahahaha; I'm killing the monsters off, and he starts complaining "why didn't you heal me"?

Umm, like after he kills my quest boss, having bolted in, took first hit, and then lured it far away from the summoning zone, I then owe him something, and it's my responsibility to keep someone who takes from me, alive... I'm like, "but you're the one who took my quest, why should I go out of my way, and possibly die myself, to save you?" So he's then like "what of it, heal me, heal me now, I demand it..."

Meh, after all that was done, he can die for all I care. I told some friends online, and when I got done, they were like "I wouldn't have taken that... If it were me, I would have hostiled, and killed him then and there..."
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-06, 07:36 AM   #3
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

you poor WoW soul you... Cast that game aside. Come to the light. http://www.vanguardsoh.com
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-06, 10:44 AM   #4
Athena
spirit filled

was the name of that guys clan PK squadron?
Any on in that clan is a loser of the 1st magnitude!!

COH tried even banned the name but they are now back under the SG name PK Squ4dron. What a bunch of losers!!!
Old 08-24-06, 03:06 PM   #5
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
you poor WoW soul you... Cast that game aside. Come to the light. http://www.vanguardsoh.com
When is that going to be released?

Oh and Son, welcome to WoW.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 10:33 PM   #6
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Why would he want to play a grindfest with over the hill elitist EQ1 players who think their poo doesn't stink and who look down on other MMORPG players ? I agree though WoW's community is garbage. Filled with emo kids and adults. Basically the scum that was around during BNET plus a few asshole guilds from EQ1 that made the trip over to WoW.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0

Last edited by MOTÖRHEAD; 08-27-06 at 03:38 PM.
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 03:27 AM   #7
StoNer
Ubr Baked

Why just play one game? PLAY THEM ALL!!

Ubermultimmogamerforlyfeohmygodyespls
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 03:40 AM   #8
K007

Thats WoW..atleast when i played on my server i knew alot of friends from both sides mostly rl friends and since its a pvp server..when you come across idiots on ure fraction..just ask you friend..log on to his guy..and just camp the **** out of him
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-06, 11:51 AM   #9
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT–RHEAD
Why would he want to play a grindfest with over the hill elitist EQ1 players who think their poo doesn't stink and who look down on other MMORPG players ?
You can build ships and sail whereever you want in them
You can buy flying mounts (dragons, harpies etc) and fly wherever you want on them
If you can see it, you can pretty much climb/swim/jump/tango on it. No invisible walls or unscalable mountains
3 seperate spheres of advancement (Adventuring, Tradeskilling, Diplomacy). Don't like killing stuff? Fine, stay at lvl 1 and level up Diplomacy and use your skills to get access to areas, unique items, titles, etc. You don't have to kill to advance if you don't want to
Heavily modified Unreal 2.5 engine, switching over to U3.0 on the first or second expansion
AGEIA and X-Fi support
3 continents at launch: Thestra (typical High Fantasy rolling fields), Kojan (Asian inspired Feudal Japan-ish), Qualia (Egyptian)
Weapons and armour is unique to the area. See the guy with the badass Katana over there? He got that in Kojan. You'll know where somebody's been by what they're wearing
Around 16 different classes, and as many races
The best character customisation, in any game, ever
7 years of expansions, new races, classes, lore, floating cities etc has already been planned and mapped out. That's right, 7 years.

I haven't even begun to list Vanguard's features.

The question isn't "why would he want to", the question is "why the hell wouldn't he".

Last edited by spirited1; 08-27-06 at 12:04 PM.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 11:58 AM   #10
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
When is that going to be released?
Definitely this Winter, though it's looking more like it's gonna be the first couple of months in 2007, rather than then end of 2006.
Old 08-27-06, 03:37 PM   #11
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
You can build ships and sail whereever you want in them
You can buy flying mounts (dragons, harpies etc) and fly wherever you want on them
If you can see it, you can pretty much climb/swim/jump/tango on it. No invisible walls or unscalable mountains
3 seperate spheres of advancement (Adventuring, Tradeskilling, Diplomacy). Don't like killing stuff? Fine, stay at lvl 1 and level up Diplomacy and use your skills to get access to areas, unique items, titles, etc. You don't have to kill to advance if you don't want to
Heavily modified Unreal 2.5 engine, switching over to U3.0 on the first or second expansion
AGEIA and X-Fi support
3 continents at launch: Thestra (typical High Fantasy rolling fields), Kojan (Asian inspired Feudal Japan-ish), Qualia (Egyptian)
Weapons and armour is unique to the area. See the guy with the badass Katana over there? He got that in Kojan. You'll know where somebody's been by what they're wearing
Around 16 different classes, and as many races
The best character customisation, in any game, ever
7 years of expansions, new races, classes, lore, floating cities etc has already been planned and mapped out. That's right, 7 years.

I haven't even begun to list Vanguard's features.

The question isn't "why would he want to", the question is "why the hell wouldn't he".
All hype untill it luanchs and those features are tested out and proven to be fun and not boring time sinks or a OCD inspired repitive grind.

P.S. The devs have stated that you will have to level up your adventure levels to progress in other spheres and complete quests involving other spheres. Check out the forums if you don't believe me and ask around.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 04:18 PM   #12
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT–RHEAD
All hype untill it luanchs and those features are tested out and proven to be fun and not boring time sinks or a OCD inspired repitive grind.

P.S. The devs have stated that you will have to level up your adventure levels to progress in other spheres and complete quests involving other spheres. Check out the forums if you don't believe me and ask around.
In just about every mmo, you can get to max lvl by simply doing easy content. Lvl 60 is a minor achievement, but nothing to write home about. You can do the same in Diplomacy, Tradeskills and Adventuring in VG. Tackle easy content (the game is 60% group content, 20% solo, and 20% raid content).

But obviously, the really uber quests are going to need you to be proficient in all 3, and in certain cases, max lvl in all 3. But you don't have to do them if you don't want to. You have a choice, you can choose either to not do it, or buy the item from another player etc.

You won't be as well equipped as someone who has all 3 sphere's maxxed if you just take up Adventuring. If someone is willing to put more effort in than you, they should get better rewards. That's fair, I think. Me? I'm gonna level up Adventuring because I like killing stuff, Tradeskilling because I like crafting stuff and I'll give Diplomacy a miss. Diplomacy is for wimps, I do my talking with a Claymore. But some people like it [shrug]

Honestly, it sounds like you've already made up your mind it will suck. I'm not gonna try to persuade you otherwise. Play in the open beta that's coming up soon (tm) and you can see for free if they can put their money where their mouths are. If anyone here has a Station Access account with SOE, good news. Vanguard will be added to the roster.