Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-03, 10:55 PM   #13
volt

I appreciate
Will see you around, no worries
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 02-14-03, 10:57 PM   #14
digitalwanderer

Thumbs up And since I'm in an extry good mood...

..I thought I'd best put in my two cents too!

[h]=nazi forum mods, I don't go there.

Other than that, I'd recomend you two work this out off the boards...that's sort of what PM is for. (I hate it when staff fights, it takes all the fun out of it. )

Hey, I may be a low-class trouble maker around here at times.....but at least I don't fight with the guys I work with on our own forum. It really ain't apprapo for here, and I usually mark points off against the party that keeps trying to pull it public.

It's a private issue, try and keep it so.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 02-14-03, 11:43 PM   #15
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
[h]=nazi forum mods, I don't go there.
I noticed how they don't accept any more people registering there.
Old 02-14-03, 11:49 PM   #16
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

Quote:
Originally posted by intercede007
I don't see what pelly is doing as being any differant from what the Envynews crew did. They were very vocal about their breakups, and it got everyone's panties in a bunch. Now pelly wants to put something out into the air, and its unfashionable?

If anything, it should have ALL stayed behind the scenes. But it saw the light of day, and it might as well keep coming until its finally purged.

EDIT : Just to clarify, I do think airing dirty laundry is the last thing someone should do. I'm just saying that when someone (or a group of someones) decide to put it out, there is no use ignoring it. It's the whole "White Elephant" situation.
During that time, there really were no mods.
Old 02-15-03, 12:18 AM   #17
Shinri Hikari
Lantern in the dark

Does that excuse anyone to cover up what is going on now? If it is as bad as pelly says it is than this seems the only appropriate avenue left, would you take that from him?
BTW Pelly, I am sorry I could not get to know you better here. From what I know, your .
Old 02-15-03, 01:29 AM   #18
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

We are not trying to cover it up, it's a matter of containing people from taking sides and leaving the board for something that never involved them in the first place.
Old 02-15-03, 01:31 AM   #19
pelly

Quote:
it's a matter of containing people from taking sides and leaving the board for something that never involved them in the first place.
In much the same way I should have not been dragged into all this...I thought Mike ( and many others here at nV ) would have treated me the same way they had over the years I was here...and not suddenly ignored me because I work with Kyle...
Old 02-15-03, 03:28 AM   #20
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Life's a garden, dig it...

Old 02-15-03, 03:43 AM   #21
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by intercede007
I don't see what pelly is doing as being any differant from what the Envynews crew did. They were very vocal about their breakups, and it got everyone's panties in a bunch. Now pelly wants to put something out into the air, and its unfashionable?

If anything, it should have ALL stayed behind the scenes. But it saw the light of day, and it might as well keep coming until its finally purged.
that was private and so is this. memory would serve well to note that the other thread was locked too eventually, as it obviously got out of hand, and ended up in at least one ban.

as has been noted earlier the mods were the people leaving, so there was really no one to do any damage containment. you can't expect us to be at our computers 24/7

and pelly already made a big fuss when he left around the same time as the Envynews crew, only to return...only to make another fuss.

Old 02-15-03, 03:49 AM   #22
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

I'd just like to point out, we didn't air dirty laundry, we just said we've been asked to leave, and we said our goodbyes...even thanked Mike for the time we spent here...
Old 02-15-03, 07:48 AM   #23
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
you can't expect us to be at our computers 24/7
Speak for yourself.
Oh wait, I'm not a mod and you were speaking about humans
Old 02-15-03, 08:41 AM   #24
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
I'd just like to point out, we didn't air dirty laundry, we just said we've been asked to leave, and we said our goodbyes...even thanked Mike for the time we spent here...
Spot on, brotha.

Actually, I wasn't asked to leave. I abandoned my responsibilities of my own volition.
Closed Thread