Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-25-06, 03:41 AM   #1
ConteMoka

Default Toshiba Satellite 5000-204 (GeForce2 Go)

Good morning.
I am very new to linux. I installed Ubuntu 606LTS on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite 5000-204) and I would like to install the correct NVIDIA drivers for my GeForce2 Go.
I tried several procedures I found on the Internet and I tried to install different drivers' versions, unsuccessfully.

Before posting any log, I would like to ask three questions:
1. What driver should I install? "Normal" or legacy?
2. What procedure shall I use?
I have been reading several forums (including this one) and many threads. I tried different options but either the laptop hangs with a black screen or I get a flashing screen (three times - screen hal white half black) and then black screen.
2. What "twick" shall I try? I tried what suggested by Bob Smith on http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...light=Geforce2 and I also asked for support in the Ubuntu forum http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...39264&page=112 (they suggested to ask your help).

A few infos:
I updated the laptop BIOS with the latest version available on the Toshiba web site (1.80)
The graphic card is a GeForce2 Go (nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 Go] rev b2)
My kernel is 2.6.15-26-386

Thank you for your support.
ConteMoka is offline   Reply With Quote