Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-25-03, 08:14 PM   #49
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by kyleb
wow BladeRunner that is slick!

i take it the "fx" is just for looks though?
Well not exactly since it looks like it's mounted like any GPU cooler (2 holes). Though it is very esthetic, I love it
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-03, 08:41 PM   #50
FastM
GeForceFlop

Send a message via ICQ to FastM

wow, your work has always impressed the hell out of me and this just makes my jaw drop.
FastM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-03, 08:44 PM   #51
surfhurleydude
Radeon 9900 Pro

what a damn shame it is that the "FX" is on upside down
surfhurleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-03, 12:06 AM   #52
BladeRunner
BFG 7800 GTX SLI

For all performance purposes this card must be assumed dead, (and / or is an early example).

The "FX" is a retainer plate milled from a alu block that has a centre peak on the bottom so contacts and presses on the area directly oppostite the GPU. It's isolated from the PCB with a mica membrane that also prevents any possible PCB damage. It's retained using the nvidia reference layout four small holes around the GPU, (that feature on top end Geforce cards that follow the reference, design going back to Geforce DDR).

The FX retainer could be fixed either way up, the reason for it being "upside down" is the is the way it would be viewed when installed in the PC.

I'm away due to my job now until late friday but until the Bit-tech pics go up there's one other image here
Old 02-26-03, 07:06 AM   #53
scott123

Quote:
Don't you read? He said the card was given to him as "dead" so it's obviously getting artifacts not because of the heat...
Yes I did read this ENTIRE thread. I think you have too much time on your hands, you need a life, or kids.

Scott
Creative Xfi
Cooler Master CM Stacker STC-T01
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote