Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-16-03, 10:45 AM   #13
Evildeus

Quote:
Originally posted by John Reynolds
I'm not sure the 42.68s were available late last week when used (and a reviewer has no idea at that point if they would become publically available).

The entire situation is just shoddy, IMO. But not worth getting my panties in a bind since I've never used 3DMark and never fretted over the #s it generates.
Hehe, i think they were available the day after THG review.

BTW, well it's 3DMark, try it once, and then go play my games
Old 02-16-03, 11:14 AM   #14
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by Evildeus
I'm not sure you were using them before me , and you didn't say them
Oh yes I did
I'm not sure what you mean by "you didn't say them"
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-03, 11:56 AM   #15
savyj

I think the point of showing the performance of the new drivers was to highlight general improvements in the evolution of the FX drivers. Many of us appreciate this information for what it is. To make purchase decisions on these reports, would of course, be silly. Hopefully the drivers will continue to improve until it ships and we can get "official" results. For me, it'll be a waiting game again to see how the R350 stacks up against it, overall. My money's on the ATI but I'll withhold judgement until then. The FX is an interesting beast...perhaps the Quasimodo of modern graphics?
Old 02-16-03, 11:57 AM   #16
John Reynolds

Quote:
Originally posted by Evildeus
Hehe, i think they were available the day after THG review.

BTW, well it's 3DMark, try it once, and then go play my games
Ahh, okies.

I tried the new version, got a 4674 total score (I think). Mother Nature is really the only test that visually impressed me all that much (but that doesn't mean it's not an effective test. . .aesthetics are a whole other issue).
John Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote