Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-18-06, 03:38 PM   #1
Tamorok

Default Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Anyone else looking forward to this game? :P It's from the makers of DAoC, looks like an awesome game. It's too bad it doesn't come out til next fall though.
Old 08-18-06, 03:41 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Nope, Not at all... Game looks like a mixture of DAOC and WoW... two titles I got bored of within months of buying them.
Old 08-18-06, 03:44 PM   #3
Tamorok

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Nope, Not at all... Game looks like a mixture of DAOC and WoW... two titles I got bored of within months of buying them.
Seems your not delving deep enough into the information of WAR... first of all its not possible to say any game stole anything from WoW, as WoW stole things from DAoC and other previous MMO's and made them more user friendly to get more children to play (including being based off of the original Warhammer lore). Anyway, the game looks great.
Old 08-18-06, 03:57 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamorok
Seems your not delving deep enough into the information of WAR... first of all its not possible to say any game stole anything from WoW, as WoW stole things from DAoC and other previous MMO's and made them more user friendly to get more children to play (including being based off of the original Warhammer lore). Anyway, the game looks great.
Did I ever mention anything stole anything from a game? Open your close mind abit... I know you come here to advertise the game and get people talking about it but honestly it looks boring.

Mythic has some talent but they also have alot of problems... lack of community support for one and the other being the horrendous customer support (I can't imagine how horrible it will be now with EA backing them).
Old 08-18-06, 06:10 PM   #5
Tamorok

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Did I ever mention anything stole anything from a game? Open your close mind abit... I know you come here to advertise the game and get people talking about it but honestly it looks boring.

Mythic has some talent but they also have alot of problems... lack of community support for one and the other being the horrendous customer support (I can't imagine how horrible it will be now with EA backing them).
Odd, you said it was a mixture of DAoC and WoW, that means your saying it has elements of WoW in it, thus you are saying it has taken stuff from WoW, when the only thing it's taking from WoW is subscriptions. And truthfully, if you did actually play WoW, you'd know it can't get any worse than Blizzards customer support. And IMO they had decent customer support on DAoC, so I don't know what you're talking about. Also, mythic makes up the MMO division of EA, so mythic is still heading the creation of the game. The top Mythic people are also VP's in EA now. Why do you troll the MMO forum when you obviously dislike MMO's?
Old 08-18-06, 06:55 PM   #6
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamorok
Why do you troll the MMO forum when you obviously dislike MMO's?
Wow Noobie... for 3 posts you seem to know so much about me... why don't you do a quick search into something before you open your mouth.

I played Everquest for 5+ years, I played EQ2, WoW and DAOC all when they originally released. I recently returned to EQ1 thanks to the Progression Servers and I have expressed my love for Vangaurds on MANY occasions...

I have played and spent more hours in MMOs total then jAkUp has posts...

If DAOC had "decent" support many customers wouldn't have left the game due to lack of patches, billing issues (Sign up for a free trial and still get billed, yay?) and just lack of content. The game when it originally released was hailed at the next EQ but saddly didn't have the staying power, but the same can be said about WoW with many people leaving before a year of release due to boredom...
Old 08-20-06, 04:55 PM   #7
jolle

Thought Id try to get in on the beta if there is one down the line, check it out a bit..
Might be fun, havent read all that much about it, only seen some dev interviews and such.
Old 08-24-06, 03:08 PM   #8
UDawg
Retired spammer

All I want to know is do you guys like it.

BTW Magus, I think you are right. It looks like WoW.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-06, 08:20 PM   #9
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

I played an Alpha build when I was at Origins this year. The user interface looks just like WoW's. The graphics look just like WoW's. The gameplay plays, you guessed it, just like WoW. Unless Mythic is going to tweak 90% of everything they showed me this year, I might as well just play WoW.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-06, 09:34 PM   #10
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marqmajere
I played an Alpha build when I was at Origins this year. The user interface looks just like WoW's. The graphics look just like WoW's. The gameplay plays, you guessed it, just like WoW. Unless Mythic is going to tweak 90% of everything they showed me this year, I might as well just play WoW.
The first thing I said after seeing the very first screenies is "it's a new WoW". Now that isn't bad, it just isn't good.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 08:12 AM   #11
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Now that isn't bad, it just isn't good.
kinda like the entire republican party

How are you Udawg? Miss me much?
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 10:43 AM   #12