Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-19-06, 01:03 PM   #13
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Add me to the list......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
What did you do with the spare hard drive? Did you have any problems using it on the refurb and what was the condition of your refurb system Brady?

The EU has some very strict warraty policies I have read so they may be sending you a new one. I would hold on to the hd though.
I kept my HD and they did not send me a new one. When I got the refurb I just plugged the old HD in and went on with my business. I don't remember having any trouble. The refurn seemed to be in good condition. It's still working well and I havn't had any problems with it. Visually there were no scratches or dents or anything. There may have been a smudge or two on the case but I just wiped them off.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 01:58 PM   #14
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

I took mine back got a refund and I am not getting a replacement. I will wait for Sony to show their faces.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 02:46 PM   #15
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

So let me get this straight...5 of you out of this thread alone had your 360 die? Ok, subtract me from the list of people who were going to get a 360. The games coming look damn tempting but the hell with that mess. 360 needs a massive recall or maybe this was all apart of the plan so you all can keep sending in your system for repairs so Microsoft can recoup some of the cost they lose on each system. PS3 doesn't look that expenisve at all anymore especialy if you sell your 360 and use that $200 towards a PS3.(pirate)
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 02:56 PM   #16
FluxCap
7900GT

Of course you will get replies from people who have had problems on a thread about issues, but myself and a few friends had never had a single problem and some of them have launch consoles.

I can admit that it makes me nervous so I got the $30 one year extended warranty.
FluxCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 03:59 PM   #17
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
So let me get this straight...5 of you out of this thread alone had your 360 die? Ok, subtract me from the list of people who were going to get a 360. The games coming look damn tempting but the hell with that mess. 360 needs a massive recall or maybe this was all apart of the plan so you all can keep sending in your system for repairs so Microsoft can recoup some of the cost they lose on each system. PS3 doesn't look that expenisve at all anymore especialy if you sell your 360 and use that $200 towards a PS3.(pirate)
Out of the group of about 15 people I play games with on Xbox Live 3 needed to send their 360s in for repair (me included) and 1 of the three had to send the replacement back because it died as well. Sure a good hand full of gamers have had problems with their 360s but if the failure rate was as massive as you say then the media would have been all over it like savages. Most new electronic devices have issues when first introduced. Once the growing pains fade you'll see a lot less of these types of threads.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 04:25 PM   #18
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

ENU291 is correct. I will bet there will be a load of ps3's that will go bad.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 05:01 PM   #19
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

I'm glad my 360 broke, the replacement I got had a new DVD drive that wasn't as loud as the original Hitachi one. Plus MS do an extremely good job in replacing it, I got my new one in no time.
Old 09-19-06, 10:06 PM   #20
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
ENU291 is correct. I will bet there will be a load of ps3's that will go bad.
I would not be surprised if the ps3 failure rate was much greater then the 360. That being said, I still want one.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-06, 10:12 PM   #21
betterdan

No problems at all with ours so far.
Old 09-20-06, 12:02 AM   #22
oldsk00l

Never a problem here...rock solid and perfectly stable.
Old 09-20-06, 01:05 AM   #23
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Out of the group of about 15 people I play games with on Xbox Live 3 needed to send their 360s in for repair (me included) and 1 of the three had to send the replacement back because it died as well. Sure a good hand full of gamers have had problems with their 360s but if the failure rate was as massive as you say then the media would have been all over it like savages. Most new electronic devices have issues when first introduced. Once the growing pains fade you'll see a lot less of these types of threads.
I dont think the media really sees consoles as big deal. I think the failure rate is massive but its not like MS is going to admit it. Yes, this is the shout on the internet and blog so everyone can hear you era but I dont think a console has ever died at the rate the 360 seems to be dying and me and my brother have had them all. 1 or 2 is passable but when you got 8 guys on the same message board with dead systems that to me should be a signal not all is right. Go to any board with a console section and everyweek you will see a couple threads on my "treesixty is dead".

You all are making this pass as if it nothing but I think you all should be outraged. What if it was new Nvida or ATI cards dying like this? You all would avoid them like the plague. Though I doubt they will admit it I think it will be official that the 360 system wise is rushed mess when oldskool, evilchis and Zelda's goldplated, oblivious to all elements 360 drops dead.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 01:08 AM   #24
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Mine looks smug all the time, but other than that no problems and it's getting a fair workout now my gf moved in and found the popcap games

No probs with the old xbox either, it's on almost 24/7, is modded and runs xbmc with the fans on low speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
You all are making this pass as if it nothing but I think you all should be outraged. What if it was new Nvida or ATI cards dying like this? You all would avoid them like the plague. Though I doubt they will admit it I think it will be official that the 360 system wise is rushed mess when oldskool, evilchis and Zelda's goldplated, oblivious to all elements 360 drops dead.
Remember the broken WMVHD decoder on the 6800 series?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote