Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-21-06, 06:22 PM   #1
heli

Default Tvout does not cover entire screen on tv

Hi,

I am able to use the nvidia driver with TV out without any problem. The only thing is that the TV out does not cover the entire tv screen - i can see very thin black line on the top of the video. I am not sure how can I change my xorg.conf so that my TV out covers the entire TV screen - without the black line. Any help is appreciated, I have attached my xorg.conf.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (5.1 KB, 187 views)
heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 12:58 AM   #2
Thunderbird

Default Re: Tvout does not cover entire screen on tv

This is a known problem and it is related to the working of TVs / tvout. Search this forum for topics about overscan. I have explained the issue there a couple of times and it is also mentioned what you can do about it. Though you will have borders in all cases. There's a tradeoff between borders and missing a part of the image.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-06, 05:36 PM   #3
heli

Default Re: Tvout does not cover entire screen on tv

Okay, here is my problem when i do default init 5 the TV out does not cover the whole TV screen. But when I do default init as 3 and after that without executing any comman i just change the runlevel to 5 with /sbin/init 5 the TV out covers the whole screen and works fine without any problem. I want to be able to get the same results when I do default init 5. Any comments? Any Help would be appreciated - and one more thing when the default init is set to 5 what ever change i make in xorg.conf for TV over Scan does not have any effect on how much of the screen is being covered by the TV out. Please Help
heli is offline   Reply With Quote