Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-01-06, 11:32 AM   #13
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle
Default Re: So I buy an Xbox 360 today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD
No bigger harddrives will not be seen cause ive read an interview they said they talked about how an average gamer has not even filled his hd 50% and only thoose who have it almost full only represent a small %.

The only thing they will relase to christmas i belive is a 250mb memory card which i find very useless the 64mb do just fine for backup.
Well they justified saying that because even if u download all of Marketplace content (back then) you still would have space left. That's not the case anymore, plus you may have some music on there as well. I believe there will be a bigger HDD for the same reason they announced 1080p, a HDDVD player...... to match the PS3.

The reason they didn't announce it at x06, I think, is because then people would be less willing to purchase a 20gb premium pack right now when a bigger HDD one will be coming out in a few months. Why would u wanna buy a 20gb version now, and have to buy a bigger HDD later and sell yours?
Old 10-01-06, 01:53 PM   #14
Quickstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
Well they justified saying that because even if u download all of Marketplace content (back then) you still would have space left. That's not the case anymore, plus you may have some music on there as well. I believe there will be a bigger HDD for the same reason they announced 1080p, a HDDVD player...... to match the PS3.

The reason they didn't announce it at x06, I think, is because then people would be less willing to purchase a 20gb premium pack right now when a bigger HDD one will be coming out in a few months. Why would u wanna buy a 20gb version now, and have to buy a bigger HDD later and sell yours?
Good point
Quickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 03:15 PM   #15
ralinn
Masters

Even when buying a new 360 in the shops or online, you can still be buying a second hand one ^_^

My brother had an interview at one of the repair centers, they said that when they get a 360 in from someone and they can't find a problem with it, they'll box it back up and sell it as new.

Which is probably what happened to me. I send mine in to be repaired, they sent it back and it's in worse condition then it was.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 05:32 PM   #16
oldsk00l

Yowza, that really suxX0r. The mfg date on mine is 4/06, so far none that I know of in this range have died. I'd consider making a special request.
Old 10-01-06, 08:50 PM   #17
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Even when buying a new 360 in the shops or online, you can still be buying a second hand one ^_^

My brother had an interview at one of the repair centers, they said that when they get a 360 in from someone and they can't find a problem with it, they'll box it back up and sell it as new.

Which is probably what happened to me. I send mine in to be repaired, they sent it back and it's in worse condition then it was.
That's illegal in most states. They are required to mark it as "factory refurbished". I'd report that ****.