Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-07, 07:47 AM   #25
Supercargo

Default Re: Can't output to Sony TV via DVI

The overscan is optical overscan in the TV, so I actually don't correct for it using modelines, I just set the pixel offsets in MythTV for the interface and leave video running at the native resolution (this way 1080p content, which is already the most demanding on the CPU, doesn't need to be scaled down). As you point out, TV content looks fine with overscan because it is intended to be viewed on a TV.

The information I had mentioned previously came from someone who had used powerstrip with this TV, although the mode line in this post does not use the underscan settings he reports from his powerstrip and nvidia driver settings:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=714417

Adam
Supercargo is offline   Reply With Quote