PS3 overheating.
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:24 PM   #2
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: This might not be good?

Quote:
"While the reason for this is unknown, we suspect it may be due to overheating as a result of enclosing the units and the high temperatures at the venue," Gibson wrote. "We are concerned that such a problem has occurred so close to full production and is clearly negative news for the company.''
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1006/365999.html
Quote:
About 200 PlayStation 3 units were clustered together in close proximity and housed in kiosks that concentrated the heat generated by their processors and provided poor ventilation, Kato said. Overheating under such circumstances is a common affliction at trade shows, afflicting not just Sony products but those of its competitors, she said.

"It's not a problem with the PlayStation 3 unit itself," Kato said. "For a normal player at home, there shouldn't be any problem."
Old 10-03-06, 03:25 PM   #3
GamerGuyX

Sony Shares Plunge on PlayStation 3 Overheating Issues

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11928/...eating-Issues/

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:32 PM   #4
Bad_Boy
god of war.

I could care less about sony's shares as long as my ps3 doesnt over heat like the 360.

Old 10-03-06, 03:34 PM   #5
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
I could care less about sony's shares as long as my ps3 doesnt over heat like the 360.

Which it very well could.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:36 PM   #6
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
I'm not so sure the issue with the 360's was overheating (overheat is 1 word) so your post is sort of flamebait.

Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:40 PM   #7
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Interesting that the PS3 is hit by the same rumor circulating after the X05 convention during which some 360s crashed.

Also in that case, blame was put on the demo kiosks not being properly aereated. Well, it turned out that early 360s were defective, but that's another story...

Actually I'm more concenred about the controller batteries in danger of exploding. After all, they're made by Sony
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:40 PM   #8
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
I'm not so sure the issue with the 360's was overheating (overheat is 1 word) so your post is sort of flamebait.

Sorry if I'm wrong on that, I was under the impression 360 problems were due to over heating. If its another hardware issue, then I take that back. But my statement still stands, as long as my ps3 doesnt overheat, I could care less about sony shares.

Old 10-03-06, 03:46 PM   #9
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Microsoft hasn't issue a clear statement on the matter. Some people blamed the less than optimal contact between the CPU and the heatsink, other blamed the memory modules, etc...

My machine died on a very cold february morning while browsing the dashboard, so I don't think it was due to overheating.

At least Microsoft has finally admitted that the first batch of manufactured Xboxes has an unusually high defect rate. But what is behind these problems is still matter of debate.