What a sweet little...

Default Re: This might not be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigenD
God made humanity too, and look how that's turning out
Which one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigenD
MS is a newcomer to the console race, so their fans are less trustworthy of MS.
Additionally, you have the rabid "I hate $M$ICR$$0$0ft$$ because teh GEYTES makes more money than me!!!!" crowd to contend with.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 09:11 PM   #26
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
I could care less about sony's shares as long as my ps3 doesnt over heat like the 360.

Yeah, I'm really hoping it won't be as hot or as loud.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 09:32 PM   #27
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Can't help it, Zelda_fan and evilchris are known for derailing threads and just acting retarded when PS3 is mentioned...
It's more centered around the blantant bias that the PS3 gets over the 360 around these boards.

Bad_boy was raising hell with the reports of the 360's overheating, but at the first sign of the PS3's overheating issues he brushes it off like it's no big deal.

Ironically, he will probably end up with a PS3 that doesn't overheat, and even though the statistics will probably approach or eclipse that of the 360's defect problem, he will proclaim that it is SO much better than the crappy old 360 that he got from Micro-ripyouoff-soft, in turn making those of us that have been graced with common sense a little perturbed.

That's exactly how it is going to happen with a lot of [PS3 fanboys], but like pretty much all PS related topics of debate, PS fanboys will completely throw fact and statistic into the wind only to glorify the coming of "tEH CeLL!@," which seemingly knows no bound or problem that it cannot solve.
Old 10-03-06, 09:46 PM   #28
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
It's more centered around the blantant bias that the PS3 gets over the 360 around these boards.

Bad_boy was raising hell with the reports of the 360's overheating, but at the first sign of the PS3's overheating issues he brushes it off like it's no big deal.

Ironically, he will probably end up with a PS3 that doesn't overheat, and even though the statistics will probably approach or eclipse that of the 360's defect problem, he will proclaim that it is SO much better than the crappy old 360 that he got from Micro-ripyouoff-soft, in turn making those of us that have been graced with common sense a little perturbed.

That's exactly how it is going to happen with a lot of [PS3 fanboys], but like pretty much all PS related topics of debate, PS fanboys will completely throw fact and statistic into the wind only to glorify the coming of "tEH CeLL!@," which seemingly knows no bound or problem that it cannot solve.
Considering that the defected X360s that were put into question were in peoples home and not in an enclosed kiosk its a different matter. You can't compare the two, If PS3s start dying on people when they are actually in homes then it is an issue but the only news right now about the PS3 over heating is due to the fact that they are in a non ventlated area.

I love how you easily claim that the PS3 will match and go over the number of defects that the X360 has claimed so far... yeah call him bias if you wish but your just as bad as he is. Your on par with Zelda_fan and evilchris with the PS3 hating, you will turn any good news into something negative or derail the thread.

If anything I think me and Bad_Boy have shown more restraint on our support for the PS3 then you three have. We don't go into every X360 thread and start shouting "tH3 Ov3rH3atinG!" or anything stupid. I had an X360 die on me, and so have many other members of this forum and others, there are clear signs that MS rushed the launch of the X360 just to be the first one out. Will Sony have QA issues aswell? We will see but as of right now the only reports of actual system troubles are from ones with poor ventilation which well every console would die from (I have seen dead Gamecubes at Wal-Mart).
Old 10-03-06, 09:56 PM   #29
oldsk00l

I just have to mention...PS3 is quite late...and really needs to impress. It is entirely possible either way what will happen with the quality.

The only quality issue I know of, however, is the quantity. There is going to be a shortage of PS3's to the point that the launch will be irrelevant. On that basis...whether or not any of them overheat is pointless to bring up.

It is worth mentioning though, the 360 fares pretty well in some kiosks...
Old 10-03-06, 10:09 PM   #30
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsk00l
I just have to mention...PS3 is quite late...and really needs to impress. It is entirely possible either way what will happen with the quality.

The only quality issue I know of, however, is the quantity. There is going to be a shortage of PS3's to the point that the launch will be irrelevant. On that basis...whether or not any of them overheat is pointless to bring up.

It is worth mentioning though, the 360 fares pretty well in some kiosks...
Originally when the X360 was about the release there were tons of reports about dead X360s in kiosk. Saddly thats always the case with consoles, I remember working at EB and having a PS2 die on us aswell as more then one Xbox have HD failures thanks to UPS. Kiosk are just poorly designed...

As for the shortage of PS3s, Sony is claiming that the initial (day one) launch will only have 400K. If they can meet their next shipment goals (800K before Dec 31st) then the launch would not be irrelevant. IF They hit their new goal then it would be a good launch considering that X360 wasn't able to have those numbers aswell as it would stretch the stock of units throughout the end of Nov and through Dec insted of having a single bulk shipment.

Then again... I don't think they will hit their goal... they say they will have the second shipment sent by air freight but that could damage alot of units... and even timing isn't gauranteed.
Old 10-03-06, 10:18 PM   #31
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally when the X360 was about the release there were tons of reports about dead X360s in kiosk. Saddly thats always the case with consoles, I remember working at EB and having a PS2 die on us aswell as more then one Xbox have HD failures thanks to UPS. Kiosk are just poorly designed...

As for the shortage of PS3s, Sony is claiming that the initial (day one) launch will only have 400K. If they can meet their next shipment goals (800K before Dec 31st) then the launch would not be irrelevant. IF They hit their new goal then it would be a good launch considering that X360 wasn't able to have those numbers aswell as it would stretch the stock of units throughout the end of Nov and through Dec insted of having a single bulk shipment.

Then again... I don't think they will hit their goal... they say they will have the second shipment sent by air freight but that could damage alot of units... and even timing isn't gauranteed.
Don't get me wrong, I hope they get a lot ready for launch, and just like you said if they hit the goal then w00t!

Kiosks just suck btw, but the later revision 360's seem to withstand them a bit better.
Old 10-04-06, 12:03 AM   #32
Zelda_fan

you know, it's funny, Nintendo never seems to have these sort of problems. Guess they are just lucky.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-06, 12:28 AM   #33
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
you know, it's funny, Nintendo never seems to have these sort of problems. Guess they are just lucky.
Lucky on the hardware side of things... but software they are the unluckiest...
Old 10-04-06, 12:30 AM   #34
Zelda_fan

maybe you didn't detect my sarcasm.

What I meant to say was they don't make **** that breaks down.
Old 10-04-06, 12:31 AM   #35
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
maybe you didn't detect my sarcasm.

What I meant to say was they don't make **** that breaks down.
I rather have a cosole I could replace and have a good amount of titles for then one that collects dust...
Old 10-04-06, 12:33 AM   #36
Zelda_fan

Quote:
I rather have a cosole I could replace and have a good amount of titles for then one that collects dust...
well in a couple more months we'll know who was right, won't we