Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-05-06, 10:23 PM   #37
Mathesar

Default Re: Need for Speed Carbon demo is out

Ugh these NFS games just keep getting worse and worse ..No sense of speed, horrible frame rate and crappy control ... Gee thanks EA Ill be sure and buy this immediately.
6 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 (3 x 2GB / Triple channel)
EVGA GTX 480 + EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked (PhysX)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic / Logitech Z5500's
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headphones + Go-Vibe V4 amp
2.4TB Total HDD / Win 7 64bit Ultimate
Samsung PX2370 LED TN & Samsung 2333T PVA
Pioneer Kuro 5080HD Plasma.
Mathesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 02:10 AM   #38
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Need For Greed : EA Games Turn Uglier ...was looking forward to this too.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 03:10 AM   #39
CaptNKILL
CUBE

The response to this game doesnt surprise me at all.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 04:17 PM   #40
stjuart

NFS is taking the same road as raibow six series on pc, all show and no go. Shallow gameplay for the ricers who require souping up a $200,000 dollar supercar to look like a ****ty souped up honda civic, which handles worst than the air boat in hl2, sad but ive written Need for speed series off my to buy list, nfs 5 and hot persuit 2 was the last one, but no more, ea can suck my balls from now on.
stjuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 04:37 PM   #41
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

I dunno, I thought MW was pretty good, but I absolutely hated NFSU 1 and 2. Also I did not like HP2. HP1/High stakes were awesome though
Old 10-08-06, 04:46 PM   #42
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

MW is absolutly good, little less of this whole moddin BS and would have been better

NFSU 1 and 2 are horrible, lowest damn point in the series. HP2 was second lowest point, they turned the game into some cheap arcade racer.

i heard that same team that made NFSU are working on Carbon, i really don't expect much, probably will be 3rd lowest point in the series.
Old 10-08-06, 05:02 PM   #43
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
HP2 was second lowest point, they turned the game into some cheap arcade racer.
Um thats actually the type of game NFS use to be about... It was never suppose to be realistic.
Old 10-08-06, 05:05 PM   #44
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Well, at least the previous NFS didn't have helicopters that dropped flaming barrels..lol

Old 10-08-06, 05:10 PM   #45
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Um thats actually the type of game NFS use to be about... It was never suppose to be realistic.
they went over board with HP2
Old 10-08-06, 05:10 PM   #46
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Well, at least the previous NFS didn't have helicopters that dropped flaming barrels..lol
Eh, Never ruined the game for me... but I only played the PS2 version so I never got a chance to play the poor versions.

EDIT:
Anyone know how to get the original NFS:HP running on new graphic cards? I can only run it in software mode....

Last edited by |MaguS|; 10-08-06 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-08-06, 06:35 PM   #47
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
but I only played the PS2 version so I never got a chance to play the poor versions.
again with these stupid comments
Old 10-08-06, 06:38 PM   #48
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
again with these stupid comments
Only an idiot would think the PC, Xbox or Gamecubr versions were supperior to the PS2 version. Sure two of them had better graphics but the gameplay sucked in all the other versions...

Just go play it for yourself, hell even if you want go read the reviews...

Taken from IGNs Head-To-Head:
Quote:
You'd think that two games with the same name would play the same, but there are in fact substantial differences in game design between the two developers' products, mainly focusing on the Hot Pursuit mode. In Hot Pursuit the goal is (as always) to get to the finish line while eluding the cops. However, the PS2 game has several substantial differences.

One, a bust is a hindrance, not the end of the game. In the Xbox and GCN games, a bust means the end of the race, while the PS2 game lets the player take up to three before being kicked out. Sure, a bust loses a lot of time and distance on the opposition, but it also wards off the cops for a short while, which can be an advantage in some situations. Working the police is a more significant element of strategy in competitive races.

Two, as if to somehow compensate, the cops in the Xbox and GCN games are much less persistent. It is possible, and in fact not even that difficult, to outrun them and spend much of the race free of police pursuit. In comparison, once the PS2 version's cops are on the case, they will stay there regardless of how many cruisers they crash until the player is busted or the race concludes. They also bring out helicopters and roadblocks more quickly and with greater frequency.

One peculiarity of AI seems to be particular to the Xbox version. On PS2, and seemingly on Gamecube as well, the cops are scrupulously fair when it comes to who they choose to chase. The AI racers will receive just as much attention as the player. The Xbox version, however, especially on the higher levels of difficulty, seems to tilt more attention towards the player. I raced one Single Challenge competition where I spent the entire race in last place, yet was the only racer to receive any kind of pursuit.

Several other, smaller differences are apparent here and there. The track map, of course, differs on Xbox and Gamecube, showing less of the track. The track designs are also altered, with slightly different curves and shortcuts. The cop AI is more simplistically aggressive, using less complex teamwork and fewer dramatic attempts to cut off the player. The progression system also differs, as mentioned before, although that's a matter of taste more than anything else. The PS2 version has a more structured progression and more complex objectives, but the Xbox and Gamecube games present more flexibility when it comes to unlocking new cars and tracks -- it's easier to pick out particular new options.

Finally, the two Matrix-esque effects in the PS2 version are its exclusive province. The 360 look and forward zoom features (which, respectively, show the area around the player and a preview of the road immediately ahead) are only available on PS2, as are the accompanying motion blur and perspective correction effects. These are somewhat useful gameplay devices, but they're still primarily eye candy.

Last edited by |MaguS|; 10-08-06 at 06:55 PM.