Sazar
Sayonara !!!

thought everyone concerned may find this interesting

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030219/sfw063_1.html

and this

http://www.instat.com/custom.asp

Quote:
Methodologies
In-Stat primarily focuses on the use of two methodologies when collecting primary data:

1. Structured telephone interviews
In both business-to-business and consumer research, one of the best ways to collect primary data, particularly among targeted audiences, is by utilizing structured telephone interviews. In-Stat/MDR works with clients to develop questionnaires that are clear, concise, and provide meaningful data from qualified respondents. In-Stat/MDR is able to obtain quality sample for its projects by leveraging its affiliation with Cahners Business Lists, along with other third party business list owners. The questionnaires are then administered by a trusted, third party vendor with a staff of professionally trained interviewers with years of experience in conducting B-to-B and consumer interviews. In-Stat/MDR regularly conducts telephone studies on a variety of topics that range in size from 50 to more than 1,000 completed interviews.

2. Web-based interviews
In recent years, Internet or web-based interviewing has become an accepted and effective method for collecting primary data. In-Stat/MDR has the capability to program and host questionnaires that include sophisticated features such as list randomization and rotation, complex branching, as well as customized validation and error checking. A key component of our web-based research capability is our Technology Adoption Panel, a dynamic, online panel of thousands of technology users and decision-makers interested in contributing their opinions and insights about technology usage and technology issues in the workplace. The panel is comprised of a diverse group of people who represent a wide range of company sizes, industries, and areas of expertise. The diversity of the panel allows us to gather information on a variety of topics from many different perspectives. In addition, In-Stat/MDR has access to other third party research panels, as well as opt-in e-mail lists from Cahners Business Lists and other list vendors.
their methodology is not exactly the best in the world but it is quite reminiscent of a number of similar companies...

it is really nice to see nvidia not holding back @ winning this award...

their restraint in light of this most prestigous of all awards if quite admirable
Old 02-20-03, 12:50 PM   #14
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
How many awards like this have been given out in the past? I am thinking quite a few, it's sad that this one is jumped on because its from a different company which some people do not like. If people come to this board they are going to read more than one thread on the FX and will form their own opinions from the many reviews out there too. However something that does not help is for someone to open a thread and see fan boy flamming and whining. By all means post opinions but we are sick to our back teeth of the constant bashing, and things are going to change for the better around here.
there is a problem with various points in the award presentation which have been picked up by various peoples and questioned...

it is not about hating nvidia... it is about the product and whether it is either qualified or deserving of the award...

by the way... have a read of the other thread... peter gave as good as he got... hence I don't think anyone on this forum who was involved in the discussion really had anything to lose
Old 02-20-03, 01:06 PM   #15
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
by the way... have a read of the other thread... peter gave as good as he got... hence I don't think anyone on this forum who was involved in the discussion really had anything to lose
Nah, I'll be the first to admit that I was over-the-top at the guy...but that's how I am and I STILL feel the guy was asking for it and had it coming.

But Mike was right on a lot of his deletions, I just feel he went a bit too far once he got started. There were a LOT of valid points/arguments that disapeared along with the "I called the man a lying bag of sh&t, in what way is that insulting if the man is a lying bag of sh&t?" type of posts I was putting up. (Although I STILL think even that one is darn near valid too...albeit a bit acerbic. )

It does have a touch of a one-sideness feel to it.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 02-20-03, 01:09 PM   #16
Hellbinder

Faboy this fanboy that...
its nothing more that some Starw-Man argument to justify one persons opinion over the other.
Quote:
Whether this thread deserved to be closed or not isn't the issue if each one just turns into another Nvidia bash fest. Don't take it personal guys but we're just tired of it. We have no problem admiting Nvidia latest product wasn't what everyone was hoping for but we all know that, so its time to move on
No the ISSUE is that there is no way in hell the Nv30 deserved an award that clearly should have gone to ATi. ITs preposterous. How can you in one scentence say *we all agree the Nv30 is not all it was cracked up to be* and in the next say move on and forget that it just got awarded Graphics Processor of the year????

And people who qeustion it with hard cold facts are Fanboys??

That is so completely STUPID its not even funny.

You want to know who the real fanboys are? Its people who defend the undefendable, and edit/delete posts they dont agree with, or call people they dont agree with Fanboys as somekind of Justified dismisal.

I am in complete agreement with editing/deleting threads that really get out of line with out of control personal attacks and or insults. But mild badgering and posting well though out arguments is just blatant Sensorship of ideas.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Old 02-20-03, 01:15 PM   #17
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
You want to know who the real fanboys are? Its people who defend the undefendable, and edit/delete posts they dont agree with, or call people they dont agree with Fanboys as somekind of Justified dismisal.
Think what you like, the posts that were edited were justified. Of course a lot of people would rather complain that follow the rules I guess. If you dont like the rules (which have been around since the start of this site) then you know where the door is. Because of the transistion to new moderators some things have slipped through. For all the old timers they will know what this board was like and the rules that were enforced without exception. These have not changed and just because we have been learning the ropes that gives no one the excuse to try and break them.
Old 02-20-03, 01:24 PM   #18
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Quote:
How many awards like this have been given out in the past? I am thinking quite a few, it's sad that this one is jumped on because its from a different company which some people do not like. If people come to this board they are going to read more than one thread on the FX and will form their own opinions from the many reviews out there too. However something that does not help is for someone to open a thread and see fan boy flamming and whining. By all means post opinions but we are sick to our back teeth of the constant bashing, and things are going to change for the better around here.
I gave out an award of my own too. I guess nobody got to see it. I really liked it and thought it was fair oh well, I guess MikeC didn't agree. Anyways, I don't really care, I am not that into video cards anymore. If people can't take a joke, thats their problem

EDIT: MikeC, I've been here for a while now, I would have thought that after me being here for months, you would have at least spelled my username correctly, I'm hurt

Last edited by LORD-eX-Bu; 02-20-03 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-20-03, 01:32 PM   #19
jbirney

I agree there has been a lot of nV30 bashing going on. Probably too much. Some of it is over the top others are justified. I would imagine even the mods here can see the irony of the fact the NV30 won any award for 2002 when it never ship to end users that year. Mike and the mods have every right to lock, delete or ban threads here. However I feel that Peter's responses should have also been including in that same warning has he was as much to blame as every one else. He did not have to drop to to thier level but he did....
Old 02-20-03, 02:29 PM   #20
creedamd

The only problem is that most of the time the help people stuff comes in under the driver forum. Most other talk is about nvidia is going to be negative at this time. But I like to read about it, true the ati roxors stuff can go, but legitimate claims should stay. It is for your benefit too, mods. I know you guys do agree with alot of the stuff that is said.

Mike said he was in an uncomfortable position. I understand, it would look bad for someone from nvidia to look in that forum and see the mud slung all over their flagship. But then I think hey, maybe this will help them see the light, kick them in gear, none of us want a one sided battle, it's lose lose for everyone. If I am correct even Rage3d was going to shut down before Ati acknowledged that it was losing its userbase.

Please don't let Nvnews become controlled by nvidia. I come come here for the opinions on both side of the wall.

Robert

Old 02-20-03, 02:34 PM   #21
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Think what you like, the posts that were edited were justified. Of course a lot of people would rather complain that follow the rules I guess. If you dont like the rules (which have been around since the start of this site) then you know where the door is. Because of the transistion to new moderators some things have slipped through. For all the old timers they will know what this board was like and the rules that were enforced without exception. These have not changed and just because we have been learning the ropes that gives no one the excuse to try and break them.
But Mr. Glawskowsky seems to have gotten execption, and there were many posts that were removed that did not violate your rules in any way other than to politely challenge the validity of the award or the presenting company. THAT'S the issue a lot of us are hung-up on.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 02-20-03, 02:37 PM   #22
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

I really hope he got to see the award I gave him Maybe they'll plaster it all over their site that'd be awesome! they earned it, they should pat themselves on the back
Old 02-20-03, 05:09 PM   #23
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by jbirney
I would imagine even the mods here can see the irony of the fact the NV30 won any award for 2002 when it never ship to end users that year.
gfFX is actually supposed to be out soon. Athlon64 won the processor of the year award and it won't be out till September....

edit: i stayed out of the thread in question because i knew it would degenerate into a flamefest/bashing fest. seems like that is how most gfFX threads wind up.

it's a little tiring.

i'll admit the gfFX deserves some bashing, but we've done that, it's time to move on.

Old 02-20-03, 05:37 PM   #24
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Well, seeing how so many people anxiously waited for this card(I didn't ) and seeing how nVIDIA let them down by delaying it, then let them down with less than spectacular performance, and now slapped them all in the face by not giving them the opportunity to buy it, hmm.... I think nVIDIA deserves all the bashing these guys can dish out. Besides, isn't this an nV site? I mean, c'mon, this is THE topic that is important right now. All of these people were let down, I beleive they should be able to vent their disappointment and resentment and voice their opinion on nVIDIA and MDR selling out to nVIDIA. ATI deserved that award, you know it, I know it, everyone knows, it, even that Peter whatever guy knows it, they just sold their award and all their credibility along with it. Trying to censor what people think in what should be an open discussion is kinda dumb, its just another way to twist the overall opinion of people that visit and contribute to this forum. It makes it even worse that that thread was censored just to appease some "big shot" from a sell-out site. I could care less who he is, I bet 90% of the people here didn't even know who the hell he was until he started parading his "greatness" through the thread. Yeah, that'l really help nV News

Last edited by LORD-eX-Bu; 02-20-03 at 05:40 PM.
Closed Thread