Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-06, 12:31 PM   #109
Sabadin

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

As far as the 2 on this forum, the lake one is an art concept, and the city one doesn't show anything the current DX9 engine can't do.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 03:05 PM   #110
OWA

Nice landing.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 01:13 AM   #111
agentkay

The missions kick ass! I hope MS will release a mission editor because Im sure people could make even more exciting missions.

Did anyone beat the turbine truck vs. extra mission, and the land on the bus mission? I almost beat the truck but was disqualified because I was in his path. Its not easy to gain attitude (impossible to beat the truck if you fly in formation with the AI Extra), dive and max out speed right before the starting line and time.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 01:28 AM   #112
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
As far as the 2 on this forum, the lake one is an art concept, and the city one doesn't show anything the current DX9 engine can't do.
Ya, I was really dissapointed by the city one.
Old 11-05-06, 03:53 PM   #113
OWA

When you get really good, you can land like the pic below shows. Heh, I'm going to blame it on trying to take screenshots of the landing. It was one of the beginner missions and I had it on easy settings but yet, I still crashed.

Old 11-05-06, 06:36 PM   #114
OWA

Old 11-06-06, 09:06 PM   #115
Bearclaw

Well I didn't think I would do it but I just un-installed the game. I want to wait for G80 and my e6600 upgrade and maybe I will install it again. It ran fine but the graphics were so poor because my system can't handle the game.

BTW, very nice screenshots OWA.
Old 11-06-06, 09:15 PM   #116
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

anyone checked out VFR yet with the game ?. They had the trailer for it up at gametrailers.

FSX VFR
arioch21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-06, 09:19 PM   #117
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21
anyone checked out VFR yet with the game ?. They had the trailer for it up at gametrailers.

FSX VFR
I haven't even heard of it, I'm checking out the link you provided right now. Thanks.
Old 11-07-06, 05:26 AM   #118
pentax

First let me say Hi to everybody. I was reading this forum for some time and today decided to register and post.

Since I fly Cessna 172 for real I have mixed opinions about FSX. I used FS9 for IFR training and for some steam-venting with some acrobatics

I'm still a bit dissapointed with some things in FSX (landing lights illuminating the runway is still strange, some sounds...). I was hoping for better VFR conditions in FSX since you know how Google Earth looks like for example. I don't care for dolphins and how houses look like. I want to know where I am by looking out and now-days i'm sure you don't need a monster PC to do that.

But I must say that this VFR from "Just Flight" looks promising. I'm only not sure what area it covers (probably not Slovenia where I'm from).

Anyway, now I'm waiting for first Direct3D Graphic cards to apear (GF8800 or ATI) and maybe Vista (needed for library) and then I'am planing to give money

I just wonder if Ath.64 X2 5000 (or Core 2 Duo E6600), 2GB, GF8800 will be enough for 1980P on LCD TV What do you think?

O, and by the way, has anybody know about special cards for physical calculations coupling with the FS?

Till next time...
pentax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 05:46 AM   #119
agentkay

Welcome to nvnews Pentax! Since you also fly a Cessna in real, Im curious how close the sim Cessna is to a RL Cessna? I always thought that it is kind of unrealistic how slow you can actually land and that you dont need super long runways at all. I mean you can literally land on a 15m parking lot in FSX (and FS9). lol

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 06:43 AM   #120
pentax

As you can imagine people often ask this question. And I find it difficult to answer. Im sure that Microsoft guys have taken all the necessary data in the consideration, like stall speeds in all configurations, climb rates at various altitudes and on and on And really Cessna is flying pretty much like that in general. But still to me for example, taking off on a hot humid summer day with full tanks and 4 heavy people or in calm winter day and light is in reality more noticeable different.

Also something else, when a friend was showing off lending Cessna in windy conditions and saying that it is so easy I said to him, well, firstly a minute ago in that maneuver you would firstly throw up, on next maneuver you would probably blackout and by then you would surely panic and then crash

Ok, its not THAT horrible but there are a few things that will never be in the simulator: scary (or cool) factor, forces in the plane, view, need of conversation and looking out for other traffic, since you wont be able to restart the game. All that influences on you directly and how you fly.

Landing in the 15m parking lot? Never.
pentax is offline   Reply With Quote