Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-28-08, 07:23 PM   #1201
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_recluse
That GeeBee is pretty nice!
Hard to believe the thing can even fly. Its very squirrely when trying to land, thats for sure.

I don't know how accurate the flight model is though. If I try to fly inverted the plane starts to perform a negative G loop on its own. So if I flip upside down the nose immediatly starts climbing, and it keeps going up and then around until I am leveled out and pointed in the opposite direction. This even happens when I'm barely above stall speed.

EDIT: I posted this on Alphasim's forum and they appear to have already found the problem in the airfile.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-29-08, 02:14 PM   #1202
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Well I got the tress, and I must admit some mixed feelings. I was using TreeX and in general these seem to be lacking some of the detail they have, and some of the tree types a just flat surface, lacking the cross shape, meaning they disappear at certain angles. On the plus side these are much better scaled (much smaller) than the standard agn, and look far more realistic in their surroundings, which is more noticable with photoscenery...but being smaller I had to increase the density to fill in the gaps.

I think for what they are, this package is a bit pricey, but on balance I'm happy I bought them.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-08, 02:50 PM   #1203
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06
Well I got the tress, and I must admit some mixed feelings. I was using TreeX and in general these seem to be lacking some of the detail they have, and some of the tree types a just flat surface, lacking the cross shape, meaning they disappear at certain angles. On the plus side these are much better scaled (much smaller) than the standard agn, and look far more realistic in their surroundings, which is more noticable with photoscenery...but being smaller I had to increase the density to fill in the gaps.

I think for what they are, this package is a bit pricey, but on balance I'm happy I bought them.

I agree with you on both points SJA06,i really wish he'ed split the package with FSX & FS9 as a seperate product (with maybe a discount if you brought both) i myself have Zero use for the FS9 trees so if i could have brought just an FSX set for half that price that would have been nicer...still i hope he continues to update the sets at no extra charge

Taking of update's i got so sick of waitting for the FEX vaporware weather engine/env simulator that i dropped for ASX and my my what a diffrence it makes to the FEX texture sets ! its so much more fuller and depictive of the sky than using FEX+M$'s built in weather engine

BTW great shots as always SJA06 is there any news on the new versions of Horizons UK sets? they never seem to update there website and most of the forums with info are locked off!
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-08, 04:18 PM   #1204
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
BTW great shots as always SJA06 is there any news on the new versions of Horizons UK sets? they never seem to update there website and most of the forums with info are locked off!
Cheers omzig - Horizon are in the very final stages of completing the reissue with night lighting and water masks, as well as an update of the 5m mesh. All the content is done, and they're testing the installers to make sure everything goes where it should - this is over 60gb of data, so these final tests are crucial. They will be RTM very soon though. I agree their site is very poor regarding updates.

I too am disappointed by the delay in the weather component for FEX, though the cloud update will be very nice. FSX real world weather always seem totally wrong for my part of the uk, so I'm really hoping FEX will do better. It does seem the same problem is afflicting the REX project, with their weather engine holding things up.
Old 04-30-08, 01:59 PM   #1205
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

FSX does not see many commercial or freeware helicopter releases, so I was very pleased to see this. It's a fantastic payware model from Nemeth designs, which handles beautifully and looks the buisness. It's also a proper FSX SP2 compliant model, rather than an FS9 re-hash.

Costs around 20 GBP.

Flying over Devon countryside, courtesy of Horizon GenerationX, with Samoshin, Natural World Trees, and FEX providing the atmospherics.

Old 05-01-08, 03:06 PM   #1206
sillyeagle
sillyego

Yeah the fact some of the trees don't have the cross kinda sucks. He provided an email in the user guide. Maybe if we all email and tell him he should add that to all the tree models he might change it. It certainly does make it look less full in some ways. I guess thats what I was seeing when I said some of them look scrawny the way they are modeled.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-01-08, 03:55 PM   #1207
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Maybe if we all email and tell him he should add that to all the tree models he might change it.
I have done just that actually -earlier today- but I have not received any reply as yet.

It would perhaps be a good idea if others do likewise, and maybe he will provide another set. For the money we're paying [esp. those in the US] I don't think it's unreasonable.
Old 05-01-08, 04:36 PM   #1208
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Some of you may have see these over at the AS forums but i'll spam them here aswell!

my new BeeGee repaint almost done

now done see below!

laters
gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-08, 09:06 PM   #1209
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06
I have done just that actually -earlier today- but I have not received any reply as yet.

It would perhaps be a good idea if others do likewise, and maybe he will provide another set. For the money we're paying [esp. those in the US] I don't think it's unreasonable.
I'll email him too.

Nice repaint Giz, you've got quite the talent for that.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-01-08, 10:23 PM   #1210
yxx

Quote:
Here's what the default island looks like. It pretty much has an autogen object for every object on the texture, which is the way to do it. It beleive the default is at 1m but it might be higher. Certainly the airports have more detail in the add on but the default island is hard to beat.
Edit: oops this quote is by Sillyeagle

it seems your right. i flew around with the default settings and the only major changes are the airports and close surrounding areas a bit. and the other two islands other than st. maarten have also major airport changes and the immediate surroundings but the rest of the island look like the default mesh to me anyway.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 11:08 PM   #1211
Bearclaw

Just before landing at PHNL. Flying a 747.

Old 05-01-08, 11:59 PM   #1212
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hmm, I thought I made a post but its not here. Kinda trippy. I must have closed out while still sitting in the preview window. Anyway for GeeBee owners Alphasim said landing is going to be 200% easier with the corrected +/- value in the airfile, so its a good thing I posted about the flight model bug. I'm surprised their beta testers didn't catch that. lol

Thats a neat pic Bearclaw.
EVGA Intel X58