Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-02-08, 12:05 AM   #1213
Bearclaw

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Hmm, I thought I made a post but its not here. Kinda trippy. Anyway for GeeBee owners Alphasim said landing is going to be 200% easier with the corrected +/- value in the airfile, so its a good thing I posted about the flight model bug. I'm surprised their beta testers didn't catch that. lol Whats even more trippy is the post at alphasim stating the landing would be 200% easier has also vanished! I guess somebody at Alphasim didn't want that statement being made. lol

Thats a neat pic Bearclaw.
Thanks! I am nowhere near your skills or anyone elses when taking screenshots but I try.

On a side note, that model I am flying in that pic, visually, is the best I have ever had.
Old 05-02-08, 11:40 AM   #1214
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
Good looking stuff! I like it a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
I'll email him too.

Nice repaint Giz, you've got quite the talent for that.
Thanks Guys glad you like it

I used to do work on FSP mods a few years back skining and map/model work (sin,kingpin,ut ect ect)but i stopped because almost everyteam i seemed to work with gave up at the 60% make on most of the mods we worked on
I have'nt been near photoshop/max/maya for a while but FSX seems to have sparked my interest in modding once more...infact im thinking about having a go at building a plane the Hill Bulldog Racer! just checking out the FSX SDK and tut's atm

Anyways the flame repaint is done so feel free to grab and checkout if that kinda thing spins your prop

FSX Download link

FS9 Download link

i'll try and get these uploaded to a few other FS fan sites over the weekend and i'll update this post with the links as i know RS doesnt play nice with everyone

Im off to barcelona for a short break next week but once im back i'll get around to adding a bit of dirt and grime to this repaint to make it look a little bit more flown!

@SJA06

Thanks for the heads up i'll be making a purchase of the horizon packs as soon as the new RTM one's hit my fav online stores,Great shots on the Nemeth designs how is it on the FPS ?
Almost ever helio i tryed in FSX seems to have a massive frame hit,that and there flight model always seems a bit screwy compared to the combat helio sims i fly (EECH & EEAH)

BTW i hear the FEX UI update is going out to beta testers very soon!

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 03:22 AM   #1215
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
@SJA06

Thanks for the heads up i'll be making a purchase of the horizon packs as soon as the new RTM one's hit my fav online stores,Great shots on the Nemeth designs how is it on the FPS ?
Almost ever helio i tryed in FSX seems to have a massive frame hit,that and there flight model always seems a bit screwy compared to the combat helio sims i fly (EECH & EEAH)

BTW i hear the FEX UI update is going out to beta testers very soon!
It looks like about Mid May for the updated Horizon product [2/3 weeks] - if you have the cash get the just released VFR Airfields from UK2000, and supplied as a boxed copy through Horizon. These have been made to blend seamlessly with GenerationX scenery, and Vol1 contains 78 airfields for the South of England and Wales. I got my copy yesterday, and they are superb.

I have found the Eurocopter to be very easy on the frame rates, there is a minor hit in the VC, but nothing too serious - it is a proper FSX sp2 model as well, no FS9 code in there.

I haven’t been in contact with Peter Wilding for a little while, but last time I did he said the new UI would be ready very soon.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 02:44 PM   #1216
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Well i cant report good thinks about the 175.51 Quadro drivers under x64 no Stopped repsonding driver messages and it seems that Nv have fixed the issues that gave me 10fps or so loss i had under 174.93,still no fix on the zclipping so i guess we can contiune to guess just who's to blame as bullet doggying PhilT wont come clean with us...

btw does anyone know what the hell this aircraft is and if so who's the publisher might be or if its freeware?????

pic was posted in the REX thread over at FSW i've asked in that thread but sofar no reply

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 03:06 PM   #1217
Bearclaw

^ I have no idea but that model looks amazing!
Old 05-05-08, 08:41 PM   #1218
Lith1um

Holy ****, ever look on ebay for aircraft?

There's a DC3 on there now, and a Christen Eagle II. Man I wish I was rich.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DC-3-...m250244737479&

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...m250243727210&

A couple of mooney's and some baron's. Argh, I'd have to build some hangars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...m110248703038&

cool amphib,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAKE-...ayphotohosting
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 08:51 PM   #1219
Bearclaw

Ya, it's always fun seeing the aircraft on there for sale. About a year ago, they had some older Boeing Business Jets, a few different military aircraft and a learjet. Pretty neat.
Old 05-06-08, 02:25 PM   #1220
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw
^ I have no idea but that model looks amazing!
Here's a few more if you haven't seen them at FSW. I'm not sold on this product yet as the screens made by anyone other than Tim, the developer of this, do not look anywhere near as good as the ones he is posting himself. He does make striking imaging with this but FEX seems to have a more natural look based on the images posted by others like Mango.

EVGA Intel X58

Last edited by sillyeagle; 05-12-08 at 04:36 PM.
sillyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-08, 02:32 PM   #1221
Bearclaw

Wow, that plane and the scenery is fantastic.
Old 05-07-08, 10:26 AM   #1222
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

The thing is with Tim, is he is very good screenshot taker, very carefully selecting the best angles etc - but he also clearly manipulates the images at times too, just look at the blurring on the clouds to the right on the shot Omzig posted, and there are times when they look very over saturated and sharpened.

I'm sure REX will be very good, and will no doubt do some things better than FEX in the same way as I'm sure FEX will do some things better than REX - at the end of the day people will make their choice, but those will sense will wait and see what the ordinary user gets out of it, and base their opinion on that, rather than clever marketing shots from Tim.

Obviously I have done some screenshots for FEX, so I guess I have a bias, but all the shots I released to show the Hi-Def clouds were unadulterated, as I think it would be misrepresenting the product to do anything else.

I do like that plane though – I wonder what it is too ???

Nice freeware here available from Avsim.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...36?CatID=fsxac
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 02:40 PM   #1223
sillyeagle
sillyego

Peter with FEX told me Tim doesn't do his own cloud photography, which I was quite surprised to hear, where Peter says he takes hundreds of cloud pics every day.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-07-08, 03:30 PM   #1224
Bearclaw

Which plane is that that has the controllable landing gear? Is that a model cesna like they had in 2000?