Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-17-08, 07:07 PM   #1261
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Oops, don't forget the Flight Simulator X wikipedia page! This one shows exactly which planes you get and the difference between the standard and deluxe versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...ht_Simulator_X

As to performance FSX is CPU bound provided you have fast GPU, so your FSX performance hinges on CPU speed. I take all my images with my normal in game settings, so what you see from me is running on the system in my sig.

If you have specific questions about add ons go ahead and post, otherwise every add on I own has been discussed in this this thread, which is true for many others as well.

Also take a look at Microsofts FSInsider site. You can get the FSX demo from here, so if you don't have it you better grab it.

http://www.fsinsider.com/Pages/default.aspx

EDIT: By the way most of the ground scenery you see posted is a product called FTX. Its a $30 add on and covers only australia at the moment. It looks so good many people have not flown outside of Oz since its release.

http://www.ftxnow.com/

As far as the default scenery goes it covers the entire world with accurate elevation data, water data, landclass data, etc. The default is a lot more generic though than the high detailed add on scenery. FSX simulates the entire globe, as it is, so its pretty cool, especially with some add ons.

I read through wikipedia but still have qestions.

1. Does deluxe version cover the whole world? If so or not, can you fly open between the continets? or do you have to load each area/town separately?
2. Is there an dx10 version with better graphics? And is there add ons that improve the graphics?
3. How many add ons is there? And does everyone cost? Is there any free add ons?
4. How well will a system with an E8400 and 8800gtx SLI do in FSX? Can i max out the settings?
5. Where can i see a list of all air-crafts and lands/areas available at all to FSX?

That's all for now, how you guys dont mind i "bomb" you with questions
Soetdjuret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 09:05 PM   #1262
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret
I read through wikipedia but still have qestions.

1. Does deluxe version cover the whole world? If so or not, can you fly open between the continets? or do you have to load each area/town separately?
2. Is there an dx10 version with better graphics? And is there add ons that improve the graphics?
3. How many add ons is there? And does everyone cost? Is there any free add ons?
4. How well will a system with an E8400 and 8800gtx SLI do in FSX? Can i max out the settings?
5. Where can i see a list of all air-crafts and lands/areas available at all to FSX?

That's all for now, how you guys dont mind i "bomb" you with questions
Most all of these questions have been answered in the last two pages. If you want to know all about FSX I suggest you take an hour or two and read this thread from the beginning. Everything has been talked about 2 or 3 times. I've written a ton of stuff, so just start reading and things will become more clear. To get the most out of FSX you'll need to do a bit of research, and links to everything can be found in this thread.

Freeware add on sites:

www.avsim.com
www.simviation.com
www.surclaro.com

Payware add on sites:

www.simmarket.com
www.flight1.com

FSX covers the whole world, and everything loads on the fly. The aircraft list is in the FSX wikipedia article I posted. You need to click "show" where is says "aircraft" to see it. An E8400 will run FSX just as well as my system, since both are 3.0GHz. Take a look at my screens to see what you can achieve.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-17-08, 09:10 PM   #1263
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's more FTX Gold.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-18-08, 02:19 AM   #1264
NuBee
NuBee

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:00 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 07:06 AM   #1265
Igor Vitaly
*BANNED*

That is some really impressive scenery and detail.

Can I ask for some help on what mesh and texture/addon scenery to buy (payware or freeware)? I am mainly interested in something of high detail and quality to look as realistic as possible and beauthiful to with auto-gen support. Would be good if it is for the whole world but otherwise USA and south America would be my priorities.
Igor Vitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 10:07 AM   #1266
NuBee
NuBee

Beautiful athmospere slaWter, keep it alive!
Not near to yours, but I hope nice:

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Old 05-18-08, 04:51 PM   #1267
omg_dastard!
Fig-roll FTW!

dammit

I was busy and so someone offered to get FSX Deluxe for me today. They got the wrong bloody one, and now ive ended up with the standard version

meh really annoying. Dl'ed sp1 though. Its running grand atm.
omg_dastard! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 07:48 AM   #1268
NuBee
NuBee

Some more (dx10)

Old 05-19-08, 12:53 PM   #1269
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Most all of these questions have been answered in the last two pages. If you want to know all about FSX I suggest you take an hour or two and read this thread from the beginning. Everything has been talked about 2 or 3 times. I've written a ton of stuff, so just start reading and things will become more clear. To get the most out of FSX you'll need to do a bit of research, and links to everything can be found in this thread.

Freeware add on sites:

www.avsim.com
www.simviation.com
www.surclaro.com

Payware add on sites:

www.simmarket.com
www.flight1.com

FSX covers the whole world, and everything loads on the fly. The aircraft list is in the FSX wikipedia article I posted. You need to click "show" where is says "aircraft" to see it. An E8400 will run FSX just as well as my system, since both are 3.0GHz. Take a look at my screens to see what you can achieve.
Thanks, but you didn't answer questions 2. Is ther a dx9 and a dx10 version with different graphics?

And i wont read through 100 pages man, i got a life...
Old 05-19-08, 02:11 PM   #1270
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Thanks, but you didn't answer questions 2. Is ther a dx9 and a dx10 version with different graphics?

Yes there is a DX10 (preview) render but it has quite a few bugs that nither Aces or Nv/ATI have addressed(well documented in this thread),it gives me about a 30/40% frame increase as well as the ablity to run higher relection on water shaders,VC shadowing,HDR lighting/bloom

Now not to sound like an ass but these things have been asked/answered a number of time in this thread already.......you said you dont want to read through it fair enought,but dont you think its a bit rich to ask us to type it all out again in replys for you because your to lazy to use the "search in this thread" function for DX10 related posts?.....

If your not into reading then id suggest that FSX is'nt really the game/sim for you because if you decide to jump in you'll have quite a lot of reading to do about the compatiblity of various addon and tweaks ect ect ect,these 100 pages are a gold mine of info and i find myself going back through them time and time again & by not checking them out your letting yourself in for a hell of a lot of frustration and time wasting....
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 02:28 PM   #1271
Bearclaw

Quote:
GTFO of my thread.
Old 05-19-08, 03:57 PM   #1272
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Okay boys, i hear ya, no hug? no love?