Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-08, 09:39 AM   #1345
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slides View Post
Does anyone else get a crash in fsx and an error message accusing d3d9.dll of causing it? I've reinstalled drivers etc.

I still get the menu CTD's sometimes, though I can go a week of more without one, then get several in a single session - I don't get a d3d9.dll error though, though it may be part of the same issue. I currently testing the 177.26 drivers, without a hitch so far, but it's early days as yet - it certainly seems to happen less with some drivers.

Some FEX SHD clouds.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 12:54 PM   #1346
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slides View Post
Does anyone else get a crash in fsx and an error message accusing d3d9.dll of causing it? I've reinstalled drivers etc.
I get it ever so often now mainly when i switch between fullscreen and window modes in DX10,for myself ive also found that having the Nhancer service running exaserbate the problem so ive taken to setting Nhancer up for FSX and then killing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Some FEX SHD clouds.
Nice shots from the upcoming FEX update there SJA06,Ive read that they hope to have it out before this coming weekend i cant wait to try it out i would have jumped on the beta team but i just dont do the whole MSN messenger thing

Some of the 4096x4096 cloud formations look really stunning in the shots ive seen posted but i've also seen some that look really over tweaked like someone has gone to town with PS's auto contrast & sharpen filter!,thankfully its all going to be user controllable

Are there any shots of the new UI about or are you all forbiden from posting any?

I signed up for the FEX com forums the other day but its still down due to a DNS problem they had just now in just waitting for my ISP to catch up.....

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 02:25 PM   #1347
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Nice shots from the upcoming FEX update there SJA06,Ive read that they hope to have it out before this coming weekend i cant wait to try it out i would have jumped on the beta team but i just dont do the whole MSN messenger thing

Some of the 4096x4096 cloud formations look really stunning in the shots ive seen posted but i've also seen some that look really over tweaked like someone has gone to town with PS's auto contrast & sharpen filter!,thankfully its all going to be user controllable

Are there any shots of the new UI about or are you all forbiden from posting any?

I signed up for the FEX com forums the other day but its still down due to a DNS problem they had just now in just waitting for my ISP to catch up.....
The over-tweaked look you are probably seeing is the new 'extreme' look that you can create with the new GUI - these were produced by request from FEX users who want something a bit more dramatic. I have built a few sets using them, and they can look striking, but not so realistic, esp. from a distance...up close they look awesome at times, but I prefer the more natural looking sets myself.

We can't post shots of the UI yet, but current FEX users will feel at home with it.
Old 06-12-08, 05:06 PM   #1348
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Can't wait for the FEX update! Will it be free for current FEX customers?
Yup
Old 06-12-08, 08:36 PM   #1349
sillyeagle
sillyego

I keep looking up at the sky and thinking "those clouds look like FEX". You know the prodcut is good when you start comparing real life to it, and not the other way around. lol

Those water texures tim is working on are hard to beat, but I think I like the FEX clouds better. Tuff choice, so I'll have to wait until REX is released before deciding.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-13-08, 03:31 AM   #1350
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
I keep looking up at the sky and thinking "those clouds look like FEX". You know the prodcut is good when you start comparing real life to it, and not the other way around. lol

Those water texures tim is working on are hard to beat, but I think I like the FEX clouds better. Tuff choice, so I'll have to wait until REX is released before deciding.

I suppose if you have the cash, the ideal thing would be to have both, and then you can mix and match your own combinations. The developers may not like this sort of competition, but for the consumer it doesn't get much better, as they have to constantly raise the bar.

It's a win-win situation, as long as you can afford it.
Old 06-13-08, 05:17 AM   #1351
NuBee
NuBee

Hey, long time no see!

Speaking of simulations, what do you think is this???

No it's not a new plane, not even a U.F.O.

IT'S A SIMULATION OF MY HIP!

Just got back from hospital where I got a new hip after a mountain bike accident

Now I'm back, I,m hearing Foo Fighters' "Learning to Fly", I can't really walk, can't even sit straight, but I'm pretty good at saying "OUTCH!"

So, hello again!
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:00 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-08, 06:09 AM   #1352
sillyeagle
sillyego

I hope your hip sim is "As real as it gets". lol

Ok, here's my new favorite location. This is Holgers Bella Coola freeware with GEX, UTX, and Natural World Trees. Pretty impressive I would think, and I can only imagine how it would look with some tasty new clouds. lol

EVGA Intel X58

Old 06-13-08, 09:51 AM   #1353
NuBee
NuBee

Wow SJA06 those FEX clouds kill me.

Great screens on great location Silly

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Old 06-14-08, 05:44 AM   #1354
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Great shots sillyeagle i really like the cut down framing,thats a killer piece of freeware & btw did you get "BIRDS 7 The GOLD Valley" addon for this area? if not its worth a download as it adds flocks of birds to the area very cool

I know what you guys are saying about the FEX/REX thing

FEX is great ive used it since its relase week and it adds a lot to the sim & i think the SHD cloud updatre get it matching what ive seen from REX in the Sky but tims water textures look somuch better,i know that that peter & chris have something coming water wise so i can imagine its very hard to make a choice at the moment

It seems they both have plus's so as SJA06 says it might be worth dropping for both and chopping and changing parts (i did this with ASX & FEX for a while) & having both in the market is a very good thing for us as it will keep both dev's on there toes in the feature depatment,no dout FEX's upcoming update was put together to compete with REX(i dout it would have been free with out REX on the horizon) and im sure FEX has inspired Tim to add things to REX

I just have to ask with all these cool addon's that really push FSX to the edge Does Aces have the talent to make FSXI look even 1/2 as good?

BTW Nubee get well soon!
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-08, 06:37 PM   #1355
yxx

wow!! nice screenshots everyone.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 03:01 AM   #1356
NuBee
NuBee

Thanks omzig.

This model is a piece of art,. I don't know why I don't like flying it. Don't you think Howard Hughes had a problem with his ego? This plane looks like a futuristic flying phallus. The SF260 and the Spitfire are still my favourites.