Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-23-08, 04:35 PM   #1405
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Fantastic water mod, I really like it so far!

A few 1080p shots. Unfortunately with ingame AA settings
Glad your digging it & very nice shots whats that cloud theme you have on? looks like a nice balance between hard and soft edges

BTW my own shots above are taken with the No burnt in wave FEX water theme so that theres no static lower res wave texture sitting on the surface,

my replacements dont work in all water types but sofar ive only worked on the open ocean set,then again with the FEX water update coming very soon i might not need to bother with the rest

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 01:22 AM   #1406
jasonsco

those are fantastic screen shots omzig,the ground scenery is that a uk addon?
Old 06-24-08, 12:06 PM   #1407
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsco View Post
those are fantastic screen shots omzig,the ground scenery is that a uk addon?
Hey Thanks for the kind words Jasonsco

All the shots with the Eurocopter EC-135 are from the Horizon GenX vol2 v2 and are taken around north wales (caernarfon) I havent played with adding any autogen to it yet but i got a few links to checkout once i have chance & the shots with the goose are from AU Gold around the south east cost of Oz

How are you finding FSX btw? i know it can be a little daunting to start with as there are just so many addons,just give us a shout before you drop money for any of them as some are not quite what they seem

Cheers
Gizmo
Old 06-24-08, 01:11 PM   #1408
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Land, Sky, Sea and plane - all conspiring to create the perfect simulated flying experience.

FEX SHD - Horizon GenerationX - Carenado Cessna Skylane

Just round the corner from where omzig was flying.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 10:47 AM   #1409
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Superb shots SJA06 you've really captured the feel of the welsh coast in those shots btw what water colour theme are you using it looks perfect (is it your british blues theme?)
Edit: just checked FEX GUI and saw youve uploaded it there ,Many thanks (mind if i remove the burnt in waves from it for myself?)

Good news for us waitting on the HD48xx FSX results and that isTHG HD4850 review shows its just behind the 8800gtx-9800gtx(2-3fps)but still ahead of the 2xx cards in FSX(although slaWter report the 280 perform at the same lvl as a 8800gtx) & compared to the 3870 numbers in the chart its not taking the massive TMU/AA hit like the 38xx cards did & as those numbers are about the most info we'll see (and most prob the most we'll ever see)for FSX im pretty sure my next card will be a HD4870 which even though FSX is CPU limited im hopping the extra bandwidth the ddr5 offer will close or surpass the few frames the 4850 is dropping

now should i await the 1GB 4870 or just preorder the 512mb version....part of me says wait and see if anymore feedback comes in from FSX users...and part of me says just get it and get away from Nv's terrible driver support...Argg

BTW saw this at Avsim on FSXI's engine gutting looks very promising

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?...d=448402&page=

and check out this upcoming FSX camera addon from the dev of EZwalk cam
the freehand cam mode just looks so sweet(first link 1:10 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQFwzIcnZC0&fmt=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nlmEFtWrJM&fmt=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVh1lzVbl4&fmt=6

Laters
Gizmo
Old 06-25-08, 03:31 PM   #1410
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Cheers omzig - The water is a new theme I uploaded today [The British Sea Greens2], it shows more greens, and is perhaps even better for British waters...give it a try and let me know what you think. I find making the water quite hard, as it's difficult to get the different elements to balance.

If I were in your position I would wait for the 1gb card I think - when beta testing the FEX SHD clouds I monitored VRAM use, and there are times with I've exceed my cards 512mb, which causes nasty anomalies - the reason for this was because I was using a couple of other high res products [TreeX & Picnic grass] and very dense Autogen. Without them I max-out at about 400mb, which is well within the limit...but if you have any thoughts of adding some 'extra's' then it might be worth having the extra 512mb.

Run Rivatuners 'performance monitor', and see how much your using currently.

Interesting stuff on the engine, though PT says it will be 2010 at least before the next instalment of the FS franchise - so we have a bit of a wait to see what they come up with.

That cam looks brilliant - I love EZ walk, a great little tool.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 03:49 PM   #1411
Bearclaw

Wow, nice water and that coast guard plane is amazing!
Old 06-25-08, 03:51 PM   #1412
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey SJA06

Yep i agree the water thing can be tricky but i think you've nailed the tones for the UK in that last theme so great work

ive played with the tropical sets a few time for hawaii but never publish any to the FEX GUI,the main thing that throws water tweaking is that bloody silly milky moon that effects water tone even durning the day,just one other thing that got past Aces Q&A...i just hope either FSWC or chirs new shader will let us nuke it for once and all

Ive been trying to find an app that can monitor VM under Vista but it seems due to videomemory virtualization nothing can track it riva tunner VM plugin has this to say on the matter

Videomemory usage monitoring is not available under Vista due to Vista videomemory virtualization.

Its one of the reasons that i dont really think im gonna need the 1GB version of the 4870,I think im gonna wait out for a week or 2 for prices here in the UK to settle a little Ebuyer have them on preorder for 180 which is a great price ive allready come close to hitting the buy button twice today ! OcUK on the other hand want 235 for the same card lol welcome to rip off britain...

Cheers
Gizmo

Old 06-26-08, 05:42 AM   #1413
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey slaWter

Yep i never really liked THG but there the only FSX numbers ive seen for the 48xx cards look like its going to be a buy one and see jobby,i guess number for FSX in reviews are fickle anyhows just because i have somuch stuff addon wise that no review would have,not sure what driver set THG was running for his FSX Nv tests but as you know we've seen some results like that just going from 1 driver increment leak to the next,its one of the major reason i want give ATI a try this round as Nv's driver support (not just for FSX )is just ****ty IMH,if they spent just 1-10th of the time fixing FSX's driver bugs than they waste trying to get another 0.5% out of crysis im sure id all be happy to stick with them...sad truth for me is i spent 8hours tops in crysis and yep it was fun...but i wont be going back as i sold it the day after i finished it & as i spend more than 8 hours a week in FSX i want better support it also seem ATI read there fan message board last month a guy was bitching about FSX performance on the 3xx cards and next driver relase its jumped 5fps in preformance,Also im just starting out on a new bussiness building hand made bass guitars so money for PC hardware is taking a back set to Shop tools ATM,I can sneak out 200 for a new GFX card but not the 300+ NV want here in the UK for 2-3% more performance at best

ATI have been pretty cleaver this round with there tech & pricing,im no fanboy(i was a 3dfx fanboy way back when from my voodoo1 to my voodoo 5 days)now im interested in bang for my buck and the FPS to conversion looks a hell of a lot better on the red team this side around....So question is am i still welcome in this thread if i jump to the red team this round hehe

Thanx for the info on the cloud theme btw,by chance i ended up with that one after trying a few last nite...some look stunning in action but just as many look really hideous! good job theres quite a few to pick from!

Cheers
Gizmo
Old 06-26-08, 02:56 PM   #1414
sillyeagle
sillyego

Maybe we will see this next month.... Images by NickC.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-26-08, 03:12 PM   #1415
Bearclaw

that model is amazing.
Old 06-26-08, 03:31 PM   #1416
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Whoo Sillys back

Thats one dam sexy F-16 (aerosoft?)needs a bit more Dirt on the skin imo

So silly did you drop for FEX on a 30day trial or are you still hangging on for REX?

Thanks for the well wishing slaWter,it will be quite a change of jobs for me as ive been a PC tech for the past 15 years and im a bit sick of PC's now TBH with you,i just wanted to do something with my hands as well as my brain for a change

Ive built about 3 basses now this is a pic of my 2nd build im still learning the art of woodworking but its a lot of fun (i also play bass guitar and have done for 17 years now im mainly into prog,metal,rock,jazz,fusion)

It might not take off but if it doesnt atleast i'll have had a lot of fun trying and i'll have a lot more basses to play hehe

Cheers
Gizmo

Been told by a bud who works for and online retailer that the HD4870 in the UK should drop to around 160 in the next week or 2 as soon as supply ramps up,
I'll be ordering one when they do So i'll post a mini review once i get one
im looking forward to trying the CFAA modes in FSX