Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-08, 08:23 PM   #1429
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

This is the RealAir Decathlon over a cool area in Tasmania.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-29-08, 08:25 PM   #1430
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's the A2A Simulations P-40 Warhawk.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-29-08, 08:46 PM   #1431
sillyeagle
sillyego

This is the upcomming scenery from FlyTampa. Images by Mr Palmason. This has to be the most impressive thing I've ever seen in FS.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-29-08, 09:32 PM   #1432
sillyeagle
sillyego

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-30-08, 06:45 AM   #1433
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
This is the upcomming scenery from FlyTampa. Images by Mr Palmason. This has to be the most impressive thing I've ever seen in FS.

Nice but looks very Poss Processed/PS thouched up....

Im happy to report that Instant Scenery is quite the joy to use for adding those little non autogen item that add life to secnery & compared to Aces own Object placement tool from there SDK its miles ahead in its easy of use and features

The Autogen Annotator(SDK)which is required for adding standard autogen tree and buildings is quite lacking though and doesnt even feature a thumb nail viewer so you cant even see the kind of autogen your adding you just have a name!,i did manage to find quite a good ref/user guide that has pics of all the items though its a bit of a pain to srcoll through

I just started working on the area just north of EGOD,i've checkouted out horizons forums and the vairous UK autgen packs & havent seen anyone else working on the area around that airport

Its Very WIP atm as i find the best items and autogen to use,Ive downloaded the UKVFR & EzScenery Autogen pack which feature some pretty cool UK based Autogen So now i can go to town on all those camp sites littering the welsh coast just got to be carful about tanking performance as lots of custom items (this is what your Scenery Complxity slider controls) really eats your FPS,Good job IS allows you to stack these on the diffrent complexity levels

Great Shots Guys FSX is starting to come of age,i cant beleive its the same sim we had a year ago & Looks like we have somemore fantastic addons on the way

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-08, 10:41 AM   #1434
Bearclaw

Wow, if that Tampa scenery looks like it does in those photos, that will be one kickass add on.
Old 07-01-08, 12:36 PM   #1435
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
How big do your autogen files total? I can probably make available 50MB of FTP space, so I could give you the password and you could upload the agn files, that way everybody here can grab them without the need to send out CD's.

Hi Silly - thank you for the offer of hosting the files, very generous. The total 'zipped' is around 100mb, so a little large possibly. One issue with hosting is, although freeware, permission would really need to be sought from the original authors, which would actually be very difficult, as some of this stuff is a few years old now.

I have broached the subject of hosting a complete package on the Horizon site, and though they are keen on the idea, they too would need permissions before proceeding.

In the mean time, if anyone would like the agn, then please contact me privately.

That FlyTamper scenery looks absolutely incredible - I wonder what sort of performance can be achieved with it? - my PC weeps just displaying the screenshots.

omzig - great work on the scenery - you must join in on the Horizon forums...it's been a little quite recently, so we could do with some new blood.

Is it possible to share the scenery your adding?

The amazing clarity of GenX.

And realism with some Autogen.

Last edited by SJA06; 07-01-08 at 01:25 PM. Reason: added image
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 10:31 PM   #1436
sillyeagle
sillyego

Anybody try the new 175.19 driver? People on Avsim are saying there is an image quality increase as well as a performance boost. And people seem to be ditching nHancer left and right claiming there is no need for it anymore.
EVGA Intel X58

Old 07-02-08, 12:41 AM   #1437
sillyeagle
sillyego

I mean, seriously, can it get any better than this? This scenery just amazes me. Although that GenX shot above is probably the most stunningly clear photo scenery image I've ever seen.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-02-08, 04:47 AM   #1438
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Anybody try the new 175.19 driver? People on Avsim are saying there is an image quality increase as well as a performance boost. And people seem to be ditching nHancer left and right claiming there is no need for it anymore.

I tried it, but have now moved on to 177.41 - I can't say I noticed much difference, except the stuttering from the 174 series seems to have gone. IQ is just the same, and it's funny that with every driver release people always seem to claim there is a massive improvement in IQ - placebo surly?

The shaders are supposed to have had a rewrite with the 175.19's and up, which may benefit FSX marginally, though being so CPU dependant, it's unlikely to make any difference to frame rates...you can always hope though

I still use nHancer for the 'combined 8xs' mode - plus I find it better for managing my different profiles, but each to their own.

Very/very nice FTX shots there Silly - super clear.
Old 07-02-08, 05:23 AM   #1439
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thanks. Here's the rest of tonights work. This is my new favorite plane for cruising around FTX. It's rather short in all directions so you can pull the camera way in and it does not distort too much, which means I can fly around at .40 zoom and still have the plane fill a decent portion of the screen. At .40 the clarity is amazing, and its just so fun to watch the whole thing render as it does.

I've got 17" Diamondtron monitor that does 1600x1200 with a high contrast "fine picture mode", and I'm sure you can imagine how sharp it looks on my screen when packing that many pixels into such a small area. In fact I don't think any monitor available can match the DPI of this thing. Anyway I spend more time looking at some of these images than I do creating them. lol

I actually use 16xS myself, which I find to be worth the small performance hit, and considering I sometimes have a bottleneck on the GPU I might try the new driver and see if there is in fact a gain. I've noticed when using 16xS it mainly brings down the high end of my FPS scale, but the low end is still CPU limited, therefore unaffected. I don't know of any others that use 16xS on a regular basis like I do, which is a surprise. Maybe most are running higher than 1600x1200. With 16xS I have to keep my bufferpool down around 6MB otherwise I seem to run out of vid memory as I get bad stuttering when using the 32bit texture option with the RealAir Spitfire.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-02-08, 10:06 AM   #1440
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Yes, fantastic shots...talking about 'Bufferpools' - I was reading somewhere that someone reckoned using a low BP made his sim more stable due to runaway vid memory use, and think it may have some validity. I would get the odd menu CTD, and very high vram use esp. with the FEX SHD clouds. So I have been trying it out with a 3mb poolsize [default is 4mb] and so far so good - no CTD's and vram use seems far more stable. There seems to be no downside either...no increase in stutters or reduction in frame rate, so it might be worth trying this if you find the above issue affect you too...sometimes less is more.

Interesting monitor you have there Silly - I had no idea you could get a desktop monitor that small with that sort of resolution - strange there are not more, as that is standard on laptops.