Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-02-08, 02:12 PM   #1441
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

These are shots from a sky theme I've been working on for a while - an evening/sunset theme that's vivid, and with a palette that avoids the colour change you sometimes get when changing direction, or panning the camera.

Hope those of you with FEX like it - any feedback appreciated.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-08, 03:04 PM   #1442
Bearclaw

eagle: what airport/town is in the shot with the airport where the plane is almost vertical?
Old 07-03-08, 10:37 AM   #1443
Revs

Hey guys. I bit of advise if you can. It's my b'day in a few days and my Mum has been asking what I want. I was thinking of something along the lines of the TrackIR. I was wondering if there was anything else along these lines that would be considered a more 'essential' for FSX. I already have a joystick I like.

TIA

EDIT: Even some badass software or maps. I've got Ultimate Terrain X USA and really like it.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 12:17 PM   #1444
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I don't have it, but everyone I know that has TrackIR say they could not live without it, once they go it - it's quite expensive, so I think that would be a really great pressie.

Software wise - blimy now thatís asking, and depends a bit on your tastes and where and what you like flying.

Essential to me are FEX, FTX, GenerationX, and Megascenery Hawaii...there are some great aircraft too. RealAir Spitfire and Scout pack, Carenado Mooney and Cessna's and Aerosoft's Twin Otter and Beaver - just to mention a few I like.

Have a great B'day

slaWter Nice shots - not sure about the tacky sunset though
Old 07-03-08, 02:08 PM   #1445
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
eagle: what airport/town is in the shot with the airport where the plane is almost vertical?
That's Launceston in Tasmania, which has some extremely detailed landclass work around it. The Decathlon shots from the last page are from this area as well. Since first flying out of Launceston I've not flown in a different area.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-03-08, 02:54 PM   #1446
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post

omzig - great work on the scenery - you must join in on the Horizon forums...it's been a little quite recently, so we could do with some new blood.

Is it possible to share the scenery your adding?

Hey SJA06

That screen shot was only really the result of me tatting about for an hour with the autogen placement and IS,not really somthing id like to release as it was just turned into a getting to know the tools test
I have however decided to start working on the Autogen placement for the area in and around the Black Mountains part of the brecon beacons,i havent seen anyone else doing work for that area and it is a greatplace to fly slow and low so i think some good autogen placement would make it even better

Great work on the sky theme btw it looks really nice & is a great balance of tones it looks fantastic with the new SHD sets so well done

Well my HD4870 was order earlyer & will arrive sometime tommorrow (managed to score one at ebuyer when the Instock popped up while it was browsing!)
so my next set of FSX shots will be rendered by the lastest from the red team!
I'll be nuking my vista x64 partion before setting up the card as i dont want any dregs from Nv's driver sets hangging around i'll post my finding once everything is setup and configered,Im not looking forward to reinstalling all my FSX kit but i find fsx is a bit like an OS and needs a good nuke every now and then

Great shots guys its hard to believe how far FSX has come just comparing the shots that are still active from the start of this thread i think Aces will have a very hard job to even get to the same lvl of fedlity in FSXI that stuff like FEX,GenX and Gex & Orbx have brought to the table sofar for FSX

Revs I can also recommend headtracking thingy(im cheap and use freetrack & an £6 IR webcam which give me a solid 30fps tracking news is that in the next version of FT you can use a wii remote as a receiver for and get 100fps headtracking with almost zero cpu usage not bad for freeware!)

As for software things at the top of my FSX shopping list would be Fs Genesis V2 mesh,GeXn,FEX,UTX(all three)AU blue/gold,Vanc+ i say you should just take a look back through this thread to see some cool stuff thats kicking about for FSX

& BTW Happy Bday

Laters
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 03:19 AM   #1447
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

omzig - don't worry, I wasn't suggesting that you share what you've done already, just whether you can -if the tools allow- when your happy with something.

Best of luck with the new card and the BIG reinstall - I did this a while ago, and it took the whole day to do it. GenX is the slowest, and I defrag each volume before installing the next, which takes as long as in the initial install of each volume - a real bore, but worth it though.

Let us know the results.

oh, and I agree about the level we've attained with FSX - it's going to be hard for FS11 to top what we have here out of the box - impossible even...but it's potential will exceed, and allow developers even greater scope hopefully.
Old 07-04-08, 04:53 AM   #1448
Revs

Cheers guys. TrackIR it is then

I might get FEX myself though. How much of an impact does it have on performance?
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-08, 07:58 AM   #1449
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
omzig, did you see the nV price drops? I know, you're sick of the drivers

It's too late slaWter, he's turned to the dark-side - nothing can save him now
Old 07-04-08, 04:26 PM   #1450
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hey guys the FlyTampa Hong Kong scenery seen in the edited images on the last page has been released. People on Avsim are saying its the best piece of scenery yet.

http://www.flytampa.org/

Haven't seen any good unedited FSX shots so here's some unedited images from the FS2004 version, which comes with the FSX version....

EDIT: Oh yeah, performance is supposed to be phenomenal.

EDIT 2: This is the airport seen in this famous video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIVj...eature=related

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-04-08, 05:20 PM   #1451
sillyeagle
sillyego

Ok, these daytime images are unedited FSX shots by Mr Palmason.

I assume these these have had contrast, etc, edited but the textures are all in game, including the light beams and fireworks. The water reflection was altered with Flight Sim Water Configurator, which is to be released as freeware sometime soon.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-04-08, 07:58 PM   #1452
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
It won't be noticeable on your system

omzig, did you see the nV price drops? I know, you're sick of the drivers
Hehe you must think im a stuck record going on a bout Nv's drivers Well that price drop was to little to late for me and these things tend to take to to filler through to UK retailers they like to call the UK treasure island because we get ripped off somuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
It's too late slaWter, he's turned to the dark-side - nothing can save him now
Tis true i now posses a red lightsaber and can power my PC from just the tips of my fingers

Quote:
He'll be back soon
Tests sofar suggests that i'll be sticking with ATI for quite a while thank you

Let me just say that the CFAA mode(edge detect x24 AA)is stunning

Heres a quick tumb link to an uncompressed PNG to show you the quality it gives

From what ive seen sofar it totally kills those crawling line you get around reg number and paint stripes

More testing an messing to be done but sofar im very happy with the 4780 it's running at higher image quality settings and at a higher frame rate than my 8800GTS 640m (OC to 650core 1000mem) did with like for like FSX setting & the thing im most happy about...the DX10 sutter is completely gone!......

Well Been at it all day to get vista and FSX sorted (rebuilt & reinstalled my sister PC as well today and dropped my old 8800 in there for her to play the sims2 on )im pretty wacked so i'll post some more info tommorrow so gnight

Laters
Steve

Almost forgot nice round up of pic's silly that does look nice the night lighting is stella(not as good as the touch ups mind you) im not much of a city flyer myself so i dout i'll get it & is it me or does the scale seem a bit out of wack ? some of those trees are bigger than the appartment blocks!
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote