Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-04-08, 10:32 PM   #1453
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

It's possible they are using accurate building sizes in order to place them all correctly and using default size autogen trees, which are of course bigger. One guy was able to locate his building from the screenshots.

I don't have much time at the moment to make proper screens but here's a couple quickies just so you can gauge how impressive the performance is. I was getting a solid 30fps in these images, and did not once see it drop below 25.....

I enabled all the extra options at install with the exception of static aircraft. I even had 10% auto traffic, but as ussual I had all AI and airport vehicles off. Still, 30fps is quite impressive for this kind of detail.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-05-08, 04:20 AM   #1454
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Glad the upgrade went well omzig, and your happy with the card - I haven’t been following the release of the new gen cards from ATI and nV that closely, but a quick look at the OcUk forums shows plenty of happy people with ATI's latest effort, which is a good thing competition wise [lower prices] - now all we need is AMD to compete with Intel again.

Have the flickering runways gone with this card in DX10 omzig?

Silly, that scenery package does look absolutely incredible, and the fact that performance is so good makes it even more so. I don't think I would get enough out of such a small area to spend out on it, but I certainly look forward to seeing some more shots from you...I think you need to grab one of the car models, and take a drive around it...there's a nice BMW available somewhere.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 07:27 AM   #1455
Amuro
Newtype Ace

That airport in the shot had been closed since 1998, so there shouldn't been planes there.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 07:47 AM   #1456
Revs

When I get home from work this aft I'm gonna get that FlyTampa Hong Kong scenery. While I'm at it I'm gonna get some aircraft, too. Could you recommend some good, fun, all-round'ers please . I've just been using FSX DeLuxe's stock aircraft so far and have no idea what to go for. If you could post a link too that'd be great. Just a note; I quite like flying the heli's too, some heli suggestions would be good. Cheers .
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 08:28 AM   #1457
sillyeagle
sillyego

I think Realair has the best stuff out there. Any one or all three of their packages are my top picks.

http://www.realairsimulations.com
EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-05-08, 09:12 AM   #1458
Revs

Cheers, Silly . What about a good Heli for a novice?
Old 07-05-08, 09:26 AM   #1459
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
Cheers, Silly . What about a good Heli for a novice?
Nemeth Eurocopter! - forgiving flight model, very nice exterior, and decent VC. Oh, and proper FSX model too, with excellent performance.
http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...roducts_id=621

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 10:01 AM   #1460
Revs

That's great, cheers for the advise, I'll give it a go.

Old 07-06-08, 06:19 AM   #1461
jasonsco

hi everyone i purchased the new flytampa hongkong scenery and it does look awesome.the eurocopter ec 135 is a nice chopper to fly.thanks for all the great screen shots and heads up on upcomming releases in the fsx scene.i have attached 2 screens from flytampa hongkong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hongkong.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	32207  Click image for larger version

Name:	hongkong1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	32208  
Old 07-06-08, 12:17 PM   #1462
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Glad the upgrade went well omzig, and your happy with the card - I havenít been following the release of the new gen cards from ATI and nV that closely, but a quick look at the OcUk forums shows plenty of happy people with ATI's latest effort, which is a good thing competition wise [lower prices] - now all we need is AMD to compete with Intel again.

Have the flickering runways gone with this card in DX10 omzig?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
omzig, glad to hear you like your new card! Enjoy it!
Thanks guys im enjoying the 4870 its a great card & im very happy with the FPS and features no complaints about any of the games ive thrown at it sofar a top piece of kit and an amazing price no wonder NV are worried enought to start slashing there prices!

DX10 runways flickering is not fixed on ATI cards so i basically think that PhilT has been lying to us all along about it being a driver bug and it is infact just another one of FSX DX10 many faulty shaders.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Nemeth Eurocopter! - forgiving flight model, very nice exterior, and decent VC. Oh, and proper FSX model too, with excellent performance.
http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...roducts_id=621
Agreed its a very nice model & once patched up it looks great(patches add bump+reflection maps) make sure you Pop over to Avsim and grab Chris Brisland's Air 1 Eurocopter EC135 repaint as this features a proper Fresnel ramp and custom spec maps

search the File Library for

etmc.zip

Just be careful unpacking it as the dir paths in the zip are messed up and it wont extract to the corect DIR so you'll have to do it by hand

Heres a few linked thumb shots of it in sim

CHeers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 01:41 PM   #1463
Revs

DX10's crap for me too .

I bought the Eurocopter and I like it, cheers . It's very stable and looks great.
Old 07-06-08, 10:34 PM   #1464
sillyeagle
sillyego

Good call on the Eurocopter. This thing is pretty sweet. The major issue with the Hong Kong scenery is the low res ground texture, although the airport is super high res. Other than that its great.

EVGA Intel X58