sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

This is how it looks in game.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-07-08, 03:55 AM   #1466
Revs

Looks great, Silly. I didn't get around to purchasing it this weekend (too busy flying the EuroCopter) but I will be tonight. My TrackIR turned up today too so I'll be having a FSX night tonight.

BTW, I couldn't get the Air 1 paint job omzig recommended to work on the EuroCopter. I selected it, but it just loaded the default one... any ideas?

EDIT: I wonder if I installed it correctly?!
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 04:44 AM   #1467
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Really stunning shots Silly, some of the best I've seen - more please [trouble is your temping me]

Glad you guy like the Eurocoptor, it's a great helo, something we don't get too many of in FSX - I haven’t tried any repaints yet.

Heads-up for the release of FSWC [flight sim water configurator] - mostly programmed by a 16year old, and it's an utterly professional job.

http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/features.htm

First attempt with the sliders, giving a darker less reflective look.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 06:19 AM   #1468
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Is the new Hong Kong International Airport in the scenery? The one in the screenies is the now defunct Kat Tak airport.

BTW, the International Commerce Centre is still under construction:

Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 06:21 AM   #1469
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
Looks great, Silly. I didn't get around to purchasing it this weekend (too busy flying the EuroCopter) but I will be tonight. My TrackIR turned up today too so I'll be having a FSX night tonight.

BTW, I couldn't get the Air 1 paint job omzig recommended to work on the EuroCopter. I selected it, but it just loaded the default one... any ideas?

EDIT: I wonder if I installed it correctly?!
Hey Revs

As i said above the path in the zip is a little screwed up so i recommend you first unpack the files in the zip to a new folder named (you dont need the folder in the zip its empty )

Texture.etmc

Them move that new folder to your

X:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\nd_ec135

Folder

then open the Aircraft.cfg file with word/notepad scroll down till your past the [fltsim.5]
code block and add the following

Code:
[fltsim.6]
title=EC135 East Texas Medical Center
sim=ec135
model=2
panel=2
sound=
texture=etmc
kb_checklists=ndec135_check
kb_reference=
atc_id=N914ET
atc_airline=none
ui_manufacturer="Eurocopter"
ui_type="EC135"
ui_variation="East Texas Medical Center - Air 1"
ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
ui_createdby="Nemeth Designs"
description="Repaint by Chris 'EagleSkinner' Brisland. This paint represents the East Texas Medical Center's rescue helicopter Air 1.
Save your file and you should have the skin show once you start up flightsim
Also checkout Chiris'es g-fees skin

file name of "g-fees.zip" again at AVsim which for some strange reason it doesnt show up under a ec 135 keyword search...

Im gonna start work on a EC 135 skin soon i think for my flights downunder and i have'nt seen this one kicking about yet and its a pretty cool colour scheme

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...5823065&nseq=3

Dam that Hong Kong scenery looks good...must resist

Laters
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 06:30 AM   #1470
Revs

You're a star, Gizmo, cheers. I'll give it a go again tonight. I think I put the files in the correct folder but I didn't add the text. Do you have to do this with all new skins? This is the first time i've tried it.

If I get everything up and running with the TrackIR and the scenery, I'll post some pics. Off out for a b'day meal 1st though.... hmmmm...steak
Old 07-07-08, 07:08 AM   #1471
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Yep the text acts as a pointer to the texture files/folder and the info to display with the thumbnail in the FSX Aircraft UI,as you add new skins to an aircraft you'll have to numericaly alter the [fltsim.xx] header section of the coresponding aircraft.cfg for the new skins as you add them so that they stack,(ie next EC 135 skin you add would become [fltsim.7] ) if not FSX gets a little confused and starts to throw up errors.....

Enjoy the steak & btw i would'nt use that trackIR before you head out for your meal as i found the first time using head tracking was a little disorientating it kinda felt like traveling without moving not a good feeling to stuff your face on

Laters
Giz
Old 07-08-08, 02:06 AM   #1472
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thanks for the comments on the shots. I'll get some more but I've been busy with the Eurocopter. I've been doing runs back and forth where I accelerate hard then immediately decelerate and try to come to a stop on the mark. Its kind of fun to see how fast I can jump from one spot to the next. It really works well at the Kai Tak scenery since the airfield texture is so detailed, it gives an awesome sense of speed and control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro View Post
Is the new Hong Kong International Airport in the scenery? The one in the screenies is the now defunct Kat Tak airport.
They built the scenery around the old one since its sort of a legend due to its approach, so the new one is just default scenery. Hong Kong is really beautiful, and I had no idea until I saw this scenery. lol

This one is cool too but its 3200 pixels wide.
EVGA Intel X58

Old 07-08-08, 05:09 AM   #1473
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Jut a quick heads up guys

the just relased FSWC has a very broken un-installer which if you installed the program to the Root of a drive it will think all content of that drive is part of the program and remove everything when you un-install it !

This has'nt happened to me be but a few ppl over at the Avsim boards have had ther FSX dir's completely wipped out!

i just thought id let you guys who have installed it know that theres a problem

I read its beening patched atm and a fix will be released ASAP

Laters
Gizmo
Old 07-08-08, 07:46 AM   #1474
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Yeah, thatís a very nasty bug to let slip through the net - I certainly feel sorry for those who have lost data, but I also feel for the guys that put it together, as in every other respect it's a great piece of work.

Don't let it put you off getting the fixed version, as it makes a huge difference to the quality of the water, esp. with something like FEX.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 09:05 AM   #1475
Revs

Cheers for the pre-warning, Giz, and thanks for the happy birthday

Really pleased with the TrackIR and now I've got it adjusted to my liking it's superb. Again, I got too in to the game last night and I forgot the HK map . I'll purchase it tonight as well as DLing the wave mod and I'll post some pics.

I'm currently using DX9 due to poor DX10 performance, but what am I missing by not using DX10? Also, is there any way to improve DX10 performance? What are the main adjustments that have to most impact on FPS? Is SLI part of the problem?

Also, I've noticed that one CPU core is at 100% almost all the time and the other varies between 30% and 90% ish.. Is that normal? Also, does FSX gain from quad core CPU's?

Sorry to be a pain with all the question. You guys have been and continue to be really helpful and it's appreciated
Old 07-08-08, 10:05 AM   #1476
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
Cheers for the pre-warning, Giz, and thanks for the happy birthday

Really pleased with the TrackIR and now I've got it adjusted to my liking it's superb. Again, I got too in to the game last night and I forgot the HK map . I'll purchase it tonight as well as DLing the wave mod and I'll post some pics.

I'm currently using DX9 due to poor DX10 performance, but what am I missing by not using DX10? Also, is there any way to improve DX10 performance? What are the main adjustments that have to most impact on FPS? Is SLI part of the problem?

Also, I've noticed that one CPU core is at 100% almost all the time and the other varies between 30% and 90% ish.. Is that normal? Also, does FSX gain from quad core CPU's?

Sorry to be a pain with all the question. You guys have been and continue to be really helpful and it's appreciated
I think FSX does benefit from quad core. Someone in this thread upgraded from a dual to a quad core and as far as texture loading goes, he said it was a lot faster, and you weren't waiting. He was using the q6600. That's the one I am getting.