Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-14-08, 03:58 AM   #1525
Llamalama

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Those are good numbers. Awesome rig dude.
Old 07-14-08, 05:32 AM   #1526
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
Still don't know what to put in the .cfg file though. How do you know what to put?
Maybe you can find that info in the SDK. That's all I've got unless somebody else has an answer for you.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-14-08, 07:16 AM   #1527
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Yup, best yet for sure . Still don't know what to put in the .cfg file though. How do you know what to put?

I've got the GenX VFR for Central England and Mid Wales, I've just not installed if for a while. After seeing those shots I'll be installing it tomorrow. Seepy time for me though.

In a bit
Sorry Rev's i thought your question about aircraft.cfg files above was just a general question about repainting but if its about setting up my repaints all that info is in the readme.txt file in the zips this is a requirement of pretty much all FS file hosts so every repaint you download will give you setup info just RTFM hehe

If its not about my repaints but for setting up your own the only thing i can say is that you'll need copy and paste a section of the aircraft.cfg files [fltsim.xx] text and then alter the info to suit your own repaints its just a matter of comparing whats there with what you want to add

BTW i think the EC 135 has a nasty Bug in the DX10 VC mode as its FPS are almost cut in half from that of the DX9 version and its not the c0ckpit shadowing thats causing it,might have to put a bug report up on the ND forum to see if they know about it

also I hope you brought your GenX from play.com as there only 17.99 there!

Nice shots sillyeagle i think you just sold me that HK package! off to download now...dam this game costs me somuch time and money lol

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 08:24 AM   #1528
Revs

Cheers dude. I thought it would be a matter of tweaking the .cfg file but there are things like 'sound = 1' in there and I didn't know what to do with what.

I got the Horizon pack from Amazon as they're pretty cheap there (18). In fact I get most of my software, music and films from them.

Thanks again for the help .

EDIT: Just a pre-warning for any of you that haven't used the GenX packs before.. they're HUGE. Mine, which covers about a 1/4 of the UK decompressed to almost 30Gb on the HD. Thought I better mention it.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 11:12 AM   #1529
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
EDIT: Just a pre-warning for any of you that haven't used the GenX packs before.. they're HUGE. Mine, which covers about a 1/4 of the UK decompressed to almost 30Gb on the HD. Thought I better mention it.
Heh, yeah my GenX folder is 76.6GB - it's lucky storage is cheap these days.

slaWter - Beauties
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 02:34 PM   #1530
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Great shots nice to see you dig the repaints

SjA06 & slaWter you guys might want to find out what driver version Silly is running as from your screenshots you both have drivers with broken fresnel ramp mapping!

If you have a look at both mine and sillys screenshots of the orange repaint you'll see that we have no fresnel effect's on the black outside section of the windows its only on the window glass(where it should be)and some to a lesser extent on the aircraft itself
Seems what ever driver you guys are running isnt taking into the alpha bend channel of the spec maps which controls the fresnel ramp!

Last one for a while & this came as an email request & was pretty easy to mod up due to the ground work id done on the orange repaint

Thanks for all the screen shots you guys have post here and at other forums of my work it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

Cheers
Gizmo
Old 07-14-08, 02:53 PM   #1531
Revs

Another nice one . Got a link??

Two more quick questions. First; what it the default AA setting when enabled, 2xAA?, and what do you guys have it set to in CP? Second, what has the greatest effect on FPS? AI? texture settings? I just need slightly higher FPS to be totally happy .
Old 07-14-08, 03:14 PM   #1532
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I see what you mean now omzig - I'm currently using 177.66, but may try going back down. I also wondered if I have the patches for the Eurocopter - I really can't remember if I installed them or not, and I can't get the Nemeth Designs web site to show...it was like this when I tried a week ago.

Old 07-14-08, 03:15 PM   #1533
Revs

There's a patch?!?
Old 07-14-08, 03:46 PM   #1534
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
There's a patch?!?
There is certainly one, and I think someone said there was a second. The first was optional, and only needed if there was a visible issue with the external mapping - I didn't notice anything when I first installed, but maybe this it what I'm getting with omzigs repaint.
Old 07-14-08, 03:47 PM   #1535
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
There's a patch?!?
All in all there are 3 patches for the EC-135

The first is for small corrections for the flight dynamics and the gauges.
2nd for missing reflection effect on the exterior model 3rd is FSX sp1 compatibility not needed for sp2 users

i mirrored 1 & 2 for you at my RS account

http://rapidshare.com/files/12970193...35fsx_upd1.exe
http://rapidshare.com/files/12970271...35fsx_upd2.exe

My guess is thought that its a drive bug id see what version silly is on and roll back if you need to let us know how you get on

Just prepping the readme on the Uni-Fly...dam i hate writting readme's can you tell

Cheers
Gizmo
Old 07-14-08, 04:24 PM   #1536
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Oh OK Uni-Fly is up

Again RS link only ATM as filling out the AVsim & FSW details are a PITA i'll upload it there sometime tommorrow

http://rapidshare.com/files/129708485/EC135_OY-HJT.zip

Just installed and updated 3d lights to 1.1 its something ive had for ages but i never really played with it tomuch due to some issues i had with it in DX10 not sure if its the move to ATI or the 1.1 that fixed the problem (nasty flickering) but it works now and looks pretty cool with the 22 & 45 degree light on the EC 135....

OK im off to install my HK addon

Laters
Giz