Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-14-08, 04:28 PM   #1537
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Thanks for pointing that out Gizmo, eagle eye
But I'm not going to find a fix for it or try other drivers, it's a minor bug.
Cool NP i just thought it was a problem with the uploaded files for a while but after i re-downloaded and did a clean reinstalled from the upload i found no problems,it wasnt untill i saw silly's shots that i twigged it must be a driver bug

Dam NV even when im not using them there drivers are causing me grief LOL j/k

Laters
Giz
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 04:56 PM   #1538
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Thanks for all that omzig.

I'll bung on the patches anyway, and have a look at my drivers tomorrow - FSX doesn't like these new BETA's - jerking round like a cheap ***** on the flight I just took - something it doesn't normally do. So I will look to an older version, see if that does the trick.

I will dl the new paint, and give that a whirl tomorrow too.

Do you notice slaWter how smug omzig is about his ATI drivers? ... I reckon it's only a matter of time until they take a turn for the worst again

We'll have the last laugh, you'll see
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 05:41 PM   #1539
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Thanks for all that omzig.

I'll bung on the patches anyway, and have a look at my drivers tomorrow - FSX doesn't like these new BETA's - jerking round like a cheap ***** on the flight I just took - something it doesn't normally do. So I will look to an older version, see if that does the trick.

I will dl the new paint, and give that a whirl tomorrow too.

Do you notice slaWter how smug omzig is about his ATI drivers? ... I reckon it's only a matter of time until they take a turn for the worst again

We'll have the last laugh, you'll see
Quote:
Yeah he's pushing it
Seriously, I was thinking about a 4870X2 for the last couple of days but now with Tri-SLI support on the upcoming X58 boards I'm not going ATI anytime soon
LOL you guys are funny what can i say sofar the grass is Greener on the dark side

Just got the HK addon in and while its impressive from a far im not to chuffed with the ground textures it looks like 10m per pixel...might be time to fire it up in DX9 Non SDK mode and see how that goes

Cheers
Giz
Old 07-14-08, 06:04 PM   #1540
sillyeagle
sillyego

I was using 169.09, then last night I tried the latest WHQL driver, which is working fine with nHnacer, so I'm using that one now. I think thats the one I used for the shots of the German one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
Two more quick questions. First; what it the default AA setting when enabled, 2xAA?, and what do you guys have it set to in CP? Second, what has the greatest effect on FPS? AI? texture settings? I just need slightly higher FPS to be totally happy .
With FSX the bottleneck is in the CPU most of the time, so if you have a fast GPU, AA and most texture related stuff is not going to affect performance. The only way I ever see AA affect my performance is if I crank it up to 16xS supersampling via nHancer.

I bet nobody here sets AA through the CP as we are all using supersampling, which is the only way to get rid of the shimmering on aircraft textures. So I'd recommend saetting 8xS supersampling via nHancer.

As the the biggest affect on FPS, that would be autogen, but AI comes in a close second, which is why I keep it totally turned off except for 10% car traffic. Sometimes when flying HK I turn on 10% GA traffic to get the custom ship AI, but otherwise its off.

I would think at 4Ghz you would be doing pretty good, unless something is set wrong. If you want to post a screenshot of your FSX settings screen I can tell you what I think and what I would change. Also I recommend using all the CFG tweaks from the FTX AU Blue 1.1 user guide.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-14-08, 08:06 PM   #1541
Revs

That's great, Silly. Nice one . I think I need to spend more time messing with the settings to see what effects what. I'll put the AA at 8xSS too .

Do you guys know off a better app than Fraps for measuring FPS? I find it cuts in and out alot.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 08:15 PM   #1542
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
That's great, Silly. Nice one . I think I need to spend more time messing with the settings to see what effects what. I'll put the AA at 8xSS too .

Do you guys know off a better app than Fraps for measuring FPS? I find it cuts in and out alot.
In sim press Shift+Z twice for an ingame FSP counter
& Twice more to cycle it off

Laters
Giz
Old 07-14-08, 08:35 PM   #1543
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hey Gizmo, I was just informed by the Ozzy crew at the FTX forum that your Queensland Gov logo is backward on the left side of the Eurocopter. Now that I compare it to the one in the image you linked I see that they are right. Not sure if you want to fix it but I thought I would mention it.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-14-08, 10:24 PM   #1544
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Also make sure you have ground scenery shadows and bloom off. I mentioned it before but don't go above mid 2.x water until you get performance where you want it. With the Autogen tweaks in the FTX user guide I'm able to run very dense autogen at all times.
EVGA Intel X58

Old 07-15-08, 05:41 AM   #1545
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Driver 176.04, which is a Quadro performance driver, has sorted the fresnel mapping issue out.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 05:52 AM   #1546
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Hey Gizmo, I was just informed by the Ozzy crew at the FTX forum that your Queensland Gov logo is backward on the left side of the Eurocopter. Now that I compare it to the one in the image you linked I see that they are right. Not sure if you want to fix it but I thought I would mention it.
Thanks for the heads up Silly seems theres always one or two things that slip by me

Good job i kept those layered PSD files handy!

OK Fixed files have been uploaded to RS

http://rapidshare.com/files/12991685...Z_LOGO_FIX.zip

Just unzip them to your Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\nd_ec135 overwritting the files there

I'll get a full 1.1 uploaded later today Sorry for the inconvenience guys

Edit: Fix has gone up to Avsim & FSW file name

EC135_VH-ESZ_LOGO_FIX.zip

Cheers
Giz
Old 07-16-08, 11:34 AM   #1547
Bearclaw

How often do you guys fly multiplayer? If you do, what are your gamer tags?
Old 07-16-08, 12:14 PM   #1548
Bearclaw

Quote:
Bearclaw, I don't fly MP. I play FSX to relax and to enjoy great graphics
I mostly do the same thing, however, I played multi-player for the first time in a long time last night and forgot how much more fun it is with other people and live ATC.