omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthiggin View Post
Thanks Giz,
Will try that this evening.
ALSO, ? - Does nHancer over-ride the nVidia Control Panel??? IF not,
heres what mine is set to NOW (completely different that NickN's DX9 Setup)

nVidia Control Panel (Top to bottom)
AF - 16x
AL - Gamma - On
AntiAl Mode - Enhance applic.
AntiA Setting - None
AntiA Transparency - Off
Conformant - Use Hardware
Error Rep - Off
Force Mipmaps - None
Max pre-rend...frames - 3
Multi/display.... - Single Display
Text Filtering - Negative LOD - Clamp
Texture filtering - High Quality
Text filter - Trilinear opt - Off
Threaded opt - On
Triple buffering - On
Vert. Sync - Force On

ALSO, does the new "Wave Maps" work if you don't have FEX? - I have GEXn, UTX, GraphicX? If you do install them, can you only use them with DX10 - will they still work if
you revert to DX9?

Thanks fellows for your great info and interest in working with me to resolve the issue.

cthiggin
Hey cthiggin

Are you making changes in Nhancer to the Gen profile or the MS flightsim X profile?

Changes made to Nhancers Gen profile should get reflected when you open the NV CP but if you make changes to Nhancers FSX profile these will be applied once FSX is run

All your setting look good to go expect maybe

AntiAl Mode - Enhance applic.

Id set that to

AntiAl Mode - application

Nad untick the Enhance app box

There are a few things that are broken in DX10 as im sure you've read But V-sync doesnt work at all and can not be forced on

My Wave maps can be used without FEX but you wont have the same water tones as i have(im working on a custom set to release with the normal maps) and you may notice some strangeness because of the burnt in waves on the Aces textures if you are going to try them Please make a backup of the textures they will replace before you install them!

If/when you revert to DX9 they will still be there but they wont really look right because of the diffrent layering the DX10 water uses,i have some screen shots i took with my numbered test textures to show you guys just what those diffrences are and i'll post them over the weekend

Grab us a few screenshots once your in sim with DX10 so we can see if everything is looking right for you

All the best
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 06:27 PM   #1682
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thanks guys. I missed your questions earlier Giz but thats the Gold area I believe, but I'll see if I can find out where.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 08-15-08, 06:44 PM   #1683
Llamalama

That Decathlon looks like a lot fun. I see that ORBX has released YMML. Anyone planning on getting it? I'm going to spend my monthly FS budget on AU Gold at this time.Awesome screenies everyone.
Old 08-16-08, 01:04 AM   #1684
the_recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Aerosoft is saying September for this one. Image by NickC.

On my birthday 8/13, my buddy and I went up to Greybull, Wyoming Airport (former home of Hawkins and Powers) to tour the museum of old military planes converted for firefighting. I mentioned I was a Catalina fan and the tour guy took us to a hanger where for the last 6 weeks they were restoring an old PBY Catalina- refurbished the engines, new blisters, etc.
The paint was done in black. We had our cameras with us but no pictures were allowed. They did say the Catalina was taking off for its destination next week. It was one of the best BD I've had. Looking forward to the Aerosoft Catalina.
DFi nF4 Ultra-D
2 G G.Skill
eVGA GTX 280
eVGA 8800 Ultra (shelved) Superclocked/underclocked
MoZartTX
Westing([H]aus) 37"W3 (my "buyoftheyear" 2006)
the_recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-08, 08:45 AM   #1685
cthiggin

Default Re: Reply - To Gizmo

Hello Gizmo -
Made the settings as suggested and DX10 is running pretty well - better than it's ever performed.

In reply - nHancer - FSX is highlighted and both "Global" and "Profiles" are set to the same configurations -

After several flights last night - both daytime / night time - only 4 issues.

1. Both day/night - "some" not all airport buildings still have some shimmers - horizontal ONLY -
2. Night time - highway traffic - headlights "sparkle"
3. Progressive taxi ( no biggie) does not work
4. I use Ultimate Traffic 2007 - ALL AI Traffic is "white"

Also, I had to turn the Water Slider setting back to 2xLow - (previously set to 2xhigh) -
Any setting above 2xLow - the water just "shimmers and moves" , again horizontally.

Thanks so very much for all of your help - IMO, we are almost there.

cthiggin
cthiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-08, 11:38 AM   #1686
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Cthiggin

Glad to see you've made some progress

On to your points

1. Depending upon what driver version you are using you may beable to force higher lvl's of AA via the CP/Nhancer.see this post by slaWter a few pages back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
cthiggin, I can confirm that forcing advanced AA modes (nVidia control panel or nHancer) doesn't work in FSX DX10 anymore. It applies fine in DX9 but not in DX10. It used to work with older drivers though.
I'm using the ingame AA setting for now but apparently that's only like 2x AA for nV cards. It looks way better on ATI hardware, like 4 or even 8x AA.
Not sure with what diver version this changed you need to check in with slaWter as im on ATI now,i recall reading that the AA grid FSX selects in DX10 is something like x4ms+2ss AA though not great if your used to x8S

2.Might be an effect of the lower lvl's of AA FSX is selecting in DX10 vs what you forced in dx9,all i can say is i dont see this on my DX10 setup sorry,fixing 1 mayalso have and effect on this

3.Yep its one of the things that Aces has been saying is a driver problem,myself i think its broken in the code like runway tarmac clipping that said ive just read a report on AVsim that this was fixed by NV in DX10 on the 177.19 beta's but i cant comfirm that

4.Seems that Ultimate Traffic 2007 Aircraft model/textures are not Compatible with DX-10 Preview,this is because there using FS9 models ported over and not native FSX models for the A.I. craft you can only wait to see if they bother patching it....you'll also see this with some older 3PA models that were quick hack ports i have quite a few that i cant use in DX10,but ive got so used to the extra FPS boost that i just dont fly them any more....

you could try the AddonCoverterX plugin10 min demo and see if that fixes your problem.ive tryed it with a few no DX10 compatible addons and it works quite well,i'll be buying it once the next version hits & im sure it will improve with updates as more ppl report what needs tweaking the time limited demo give you a good chance to test it out though but if that doesnt work & you must have DX10 traffic MyTraffic X 5.1b has full high lvl support for DX10,im only into low and slow myself so i dont run any A.I. hehe

lastly my water will shimmer quite a bit without high lvls of AF that due to the tightness of the wave maps,or what you might be seeing in the standard Aces water is the DX10 wave whitecaps effect that get added once the wind picks up,you can also run bloom now at no FPS hit,its not as nice in DX10 as it was in DX9 but its not as OTT either!

Np Glad i could help just sorry it took solong to get you sorted out

Laters
Steve
Old 08-16-08, 01:55 PM   #1687
cthiggin

Default Giz & slaWter - Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Gentlemen - Thanks so much for your valued information - Like I said, I am close - so, and hopefully, couple of last questions:

1. I am using nVidia 177.83 whql
2. Giz - IF I try and set a higher AA in nHancer, do I choose the "combined" button then try and move AA higer?
3. slaWter - From memory, your were using the 8800GTS 640, which I am also. IF you were using RiviTuner, what were your overclocking values?

4. Read that the Ultimate Traffic is DX10 non-compliant - IS FSX default DX10 Compliant?

5. Ok with the water - Giz, what's your slider setting at ?

Thanks again for your interest and help.

cthiggin
Old 08-16-08, 02:41 PM   #1688
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Cthiggin

Have a play with the AA modes as theres no hard & fast rule for these settings as there more a user preference it really depends upon your monitor setup what res you run at ect ect,i used to run at X8s when i had the 8800gts 640mb and didnt see any hit FPS from just running @ x4 then again some ppl are more sensitive to jaggies than others
if your seeing no diffrents when forcing other modes then the drivers are locking the AA lvl to app pref on a program lvl

FSX default A.I. is fully DX10 compat as they rebuilt all there aircraft models via the Dx10 path of the SDK

I fly with my water set to x2 High as i like the coast and cloud refelections i also find in DX10 that theres no hit FPS wise going from x2 low to x2 mid or x2 high....X2 max though still rapes my frame rate though....

Ok im off to put sometime into a KA-50 polar camo repaint im working on

Laters
Steve

Old 08-16-08, 04:41 PM   #1689
cthiggin

Thanks Giz so much - I'll give them a whirl.
cthiggin
Old 08-17-08, 03:08 AM   #1690
sillyeagle
sillyego

Check out these shots. They came out pretty good if you ask me.
Its the RealAir Decathlon over FTX, near Launceston.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 08-17-08, 04:07 AM   #1691
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Nice panel shots it looks pristine, like you've just picked it up from the showroom - I do love the Scout pack, although I do find it a but of an ugly thing on the outside. It's a shame they [RealAir] have no plans to do a Cessna 182, my favourite looking GA AC.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 12:18 PM   #1692
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Thanks for the shots slaWter it does Look nice but its mega $$ !

also doesnt look like they've bothered to mask the small lakes and rivers at all?

laters
steve