Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-08, 03:50 AM   #1705
Revs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 6,365
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

What are your fave flying locations, guys? Might be good to post em in the 'FSX Club' group .
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 08:48 AM   #1706
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
What are your fave flying locations, guys? Might be good to post em in the 'FSX Club' group .
Nice job promoting it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 12:51 PM   #1707
cthiggin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Talked with one of it's developers late last year. Appears to be a phenomenal product. It's in beta testing now. - Hopefully, late fall.

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums...129098&st=1820

cthiggin
cthiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 04:36 AM   #1708
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite
 
SJA06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hmm
Posts: 511
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthiggin View Post
Talked with one of it's developers late last year. Appears to be a phenomenal product. It's in beta testing now. - Hopefully, late fall.

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums...129098&st=1820

cthiggin
They have stated they are hoping to reach BETA this week - if that does turn out to be the case, it would be sooner than late Autumn, unless there were major problems.

FSW seem to be descending into another round of slagging from opposing groups of kiddies

Here is a shot of mine with some FEX and REX textures - reminds me of that wonderful [not] song by Paul McCartney an Michael Jackson, about getting on in perfect harmony
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 06:31 AM   #1709
omzig
Comfortably Numb
 
omzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 752
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
They have stated they are hoping to reach BETA this week - if that does turn out to be the case, it would be sooner than late Autumn, unless there were major problems.

FSW seem to be descending into another round of slagging from opposing groups of kiddies

Here is a shot of mine with some FEX and REX textures - reminds me of that wonderful [not] song by Paul McCartney an Michael Jackson, about getting on in perfect harmony
Hey Mark

Did you ever get any feedback from peter & chris on the state of FEX and its updates ?

It now seems to have been totally abandoned as peters last vist to his own support forum was 23 July 2008 almost a month ago! & chris's last reply to any post there was on the 08 July 2008!...

Ive enjoyed using FEX dont get me wrong but when i purchased it it was because of what they promised it would become not just for what it was at the time,i was glad to help out a Dev and give them a good start money wise so they could fullfill there promise...sadly that has'nt happened with FEX & most of the cool sutt they promised has hasnt arrived(WE,Sun/lens flare,moon editor,Airport textures ect ect) & it looks like im now going to have to purchase REX to get it.....Yes the SHD was a cool update(still classed as beta)..but was it really needed? i would rather have had all the other promised stuff first and extra cloud textures later(infact ive gone back to pre SHD textures just because i cant find or make any SHD i like as much)

I think Peter & Chris let the REX cloud screenshots(and the above noted forum posts) get to them and it forced them to refocus there efforts in the wrong place(imo)shame it seems to have all fallen to piece but i said before they bitten off more than they could chew & this time it seems to have choked them to death....by hey i could be wrong and they could just be sunnying themself on holiday either way there support sucks

Laters
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 09:25 AM   #1710
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite
 
SJA06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hmm
Posts: 511
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

I'm afraid I do have to agree with most of what you say - I have not contacted Peter or Chris, I was going to, but I had a period of intense work to deal with, and I didn't want to get caught up in anything distracting...again.

I do know that the competition has hit them quite hard, and though it may be good for us consumers, the share of the FSX environment add-ons is not that massive, with three products fighting for the same market - which is why it's not a good time to drop the ball, as it seems FEX has. The worst thing is the silence, I think they should at least keep people informed, even if it is to say, sorry folks this is taking longer than we thought.

I am most fed-up with the lack of the weather engine -the FSX real world weather is broken- and I've been thinking of getting ASX to use with the FEX textures - but maybe I'll also get REX and use it's engine, and have an even wider choice of textures. At the end of the day, all I want is a fully function sim, and at the moment certain elements are seriously lacking.

Anyway, on a positive note have you seen that Horizon are on the verge of releasing 3D London? - this is going to make Kia Tak and other small detailed scenery areas look a little lacking - 30,000 buildings and 50,000 objects. God knows how it will run though.
http://www.horizonsimulation.com/sto...products_id=31

They are also working on another product, but I can't say what it is yet - all I can say is it will be stunning
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 12:38 PM   #1711
einstein_314
w00t!!
 
einstein_314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,905
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
I'm afraid I do have to agree with most of what you say - I have not contacted Peter or Chris, I was going to, but I had a period of intense work to deal with, and I didn't want to get caught up in anything distracting...again.

I do know that the competition has hit them quite hard, and though it may be good for us consumers, the share of the FSX environment add-ons is not that massive, with three products fighting for the same market - which is why it's not a good time to drop the ball, as it seems FEX has. The worst thing is the silence, I think they should at least keep people informed, even if it is to say, sorry folks this is taking longer than we thought.

I am most fed-up with the lack of the weather engine -the FSX real world weather is broken- and I've been thinking of getting ASX to use with the FEX textures - but maybe I'll also get REX and use it's engine, and have an even wider choice of textures. At the end of the day, all I want is a fully function sim, and at the moment certain elements are seriously lacking.

Anyway, on a positive note have you seen that Horizon are on the verge of releasing 3D London? - this is going to make Kia Tak and other small detailed scenery areas look a little lacking - 30,000 buildings and 50,000 objects. God knows how it will run though.
http://www.horizonsimulation.com/sto...products_id=31

They are also working on another product, but I can't say what it is yet - all I can say is it will be stunning
Holy Crap!!! 3D London looks amazing! I can't see that running very well....
__________________
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (9 x 355) w/ Swiftec APOGEE GTX Waterblock|| Asus P5B-Deluxe WiFi Edition
eVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked Edition @ 675/1150 w/ DangerDen 8800GTX Waterblock|| 4x1GB Mushkin XP2 PC2-8500
X-Fi Fatal1ty 64MB || PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W || Seagate 7200.10 320 GB || Dell 2407WFP
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 07:36 PM   #1712
Llamalama
Registered User
 
Llamalama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 134
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

I too have been holding out on getting ASX for months because of FEX. Like OMZIG I was on the verge of buying ASX when I heard about FEX with it's promised built in weather engine with the immpression that it wouldn't be too far away. It's been a long wait..ah well I have a feeling I would probably end up getting them all but it still suck having to wait this long and yes the silence isn't helping anything.
__________________
Maximus III - Intel 875K@4ghz- 8 Gigs DDR3 1600 -2 x GTX 480-Corsair 1000W PSU
Llamalama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-08, 02:14 AM   #1713
sillyeagle
sillyego
 
sillyeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,394
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314 View Post
Holy Crap!!! 3D London looks amazing! I can't see that running very well....
On the site it says the "recommended" system(2.0GHz) is what's needed to run the scenery with full detail. Kai Tak runs like a dream, so there is hope. The coverage area seems a bit small though, but I guess considering the detail its not bad. It looks to be 12 miles by 4 miles, while the Hong Kong scenery covers about 10 miles by 5 miles. Looking forward to some London EC-135 action!
__________________
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.0GHz
EVGA GTX 660 SLI @ 1046MHz
OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
EVGA Intel X58
_____________
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.
sillyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 02:16 AM   #1714
sillyeagle
sillyego
 
sillyeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,394
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Here is a shot of mine with some FEX and REX textures
How are those REX textures looking? They cover all concrete and pavement right?
__________________
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.0GHz
EVGA GTX 660 SLI @ 1046MHz
OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
EVGA Intel X58
_____________
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.
sillyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 04:00 AM   #1715
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite
 
SJA06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hmm
Posts: 511
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
On the site it says the "recommended" system(2.0GHz) is what's needed to run the scenery with full detail. Kai Tak runs like a dream, so there is hope. The coverage area seems a bit small though, but I guess considering the detail its not bad. It looks to be 12 miles by 4 miles, while the Hong Kong scenery covers about 10 miles by 5 miles. Looking forward to some London EC-135 action!
If you have Horizon scenery then London will blend seamlessly with it giving a rather bigger area – I think the detail and density will set this apart. The demo runs at about 18fps on my machine, with default building outside of the demo area, so it will be interesting to see what the full area will achieve. I may well have to set-up another settings profile just for London.

Looks like a Tuesday release now – they were hoping to get it out yesterday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
How are those REX textures looking? They cover all concrete and pavement right?
They look good – crisper than default taxiways and runways, tarmac areas look esp. good. Yes, they cover all all 'hard' areas.

These are the free REX textures that come with YMML, if anyone is wondering

Some shots around Hawaii.






SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 05:14 AM   #1716
Llamalama
Registered User
 
Llamalama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 134
Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Oh my gosh that looks awesome. Snazzy paintwork on that Cessna.
__________________
Maximus III - Intel 875K@4ghz- 8 Gigs DDR3 1600 -2 x GTX 480-Corsair 1000W PSU
Llamalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Max Payne 3 Feedback Thread Ghosthunter Gaming Central 94 10-05-12 07:00 AM
Official detonator 40.71 feedback thread Crake NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 88 10-01-02 12:38 PM
Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread sh*tshot NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 62 09-26-02 06:43 PM
Official Detonator 40.xx Feedback Thread pelly NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 299 09-22-02 07:54 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.