Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-30-08, 06:10 AM   #1741
XDanger
Whaaat?

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

I just bought this game for 1, Not the Deluxe Edition though.

Have those texture issues Ive heard about been fixed?

And what am I missing out on with the standard version?
Does the acceleration pack add the deluxe stuff to the standard version?
Old 08-30-08, 02:46 PM   #1742
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
WOW! Awesome detail. Where's that?
That's Orbx YMML, Melbourne International.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger
And what am I missing out on with the standard version?
Does the acceleration pack add the deluxe stuff to the standard version?
Check here for details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...ht_Simulator_X

Basically Delux gets you a couple more aircraft, G1000 glass panel ****pits for a few aircraft, the SDK, and airtraffic control mode. There's a comparo section at the link, just click show and for the list to appear.

I would get the Acceleration pack for sure, though it does not add the deluxe content. With acceleration you get three aircraft which are worth $30 each, plus all the scenery, of which Edwards AFB and Instanbul are both worth $30, all for just $30. So it's about the best add on deal there is.

Nice shots slaWter.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 08-30-08, 02:49 PM   #1743
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Someone please arrest that pilot - bloody nutter

Staggering shots slaWter...
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 01:44 AM   #1744
NuBee
NuBee

Great shots as allways SJA06, sillyeagle, slaWter
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 03:47 AM   #1745
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's the Orbx YMLT freeware, Launceston Tasmania.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-01-08, 01:10 PM   #1746
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Great shots guys i really gotta sort out my FSX install & rejoin the party i havent had chance to nuke FSX and im not looking forward to it as its a massive job and i have to pull out all my own custom textures and tweaks no dout i'll forget something i have backed up ...arrgh as bad as reinstalling vista hehe

Anyhows as ive been trying to limit my FSX spending a little(there are some real nice payware addons coming up that i want)but i still want to have something new to fly i thought id check out some freeware....& i found a few cool freeware planes kicking about...i also see that PT has posted a few more as part of his DX10 compat freeware blogpost...

T-45C Goshawk for Flight Simulator X: Acceleration - V1.00 By Dino Cattaneo

WOW is all i can say!

i cant belive this is freeware! it kicks the **** out of anything Alphasim or Abacus have ever released!...only one paint but i can see me adding a few to this model as a thank you for its release.

Next up

De Havilland Dh89a Dragon Rapide for FSX by Dave Garwood

This model has a load of paints + 1 float model flys very nice VC is'nt that great but it works(i came across this plane while watching the bbc britain from above) the green repaint in the above shot is mine,Im just finishing it up atm and will package & upload it to Avsim soon'ish...

last of my tested finds is

WACO UPF-7 by Tim Piglet Conrad

A Pretty sweet Biplane great VC but its let down a little by having no chase views or bump/spec maps so looks a little flat in FSX i might email tim and ask if he'ed be willing to re-export it with spec/bump maps if i made the extra textures for it (cant do it without him as id need access to the org gmax files to at the extra texture materials)

Anyone else found any cool freeware we havent already seen?

Laters
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-08, 03:01 PM   #1747
Lith1um

I fell in love with the dragon rapide after seeing it in an episode of "Torchwood". The episode titled, "Out of Time", featured an ultra hot chick from 1953 who traveled in a De Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide 6 with registration number G-AIDL. She landed in present day Cardiff. Both the girl and the aircraft had this smokin' hot art deco thing going on.

Louise Delamere

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZBZm...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4KirJBPUMg

And that Goshawk looks amazing!
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-08, 03:40 PM   #1748
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith1um View Post
I fell in love with the dragon rapide after seeing it in an episode of "Torchwood". The episode titled, "Out of Time", featured an ultra hot chick from 1953 who traveled in a De Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide 6 with registration number G-AIDL. She landed in present day Cardiff. Both the girl and the aircraft had this smokin' hot art deco thing going on.
Louise Delamere
Hey Lith1um

Cant get you the smokin hot babe but G-AIDL is a paint in the package

btw how you doing? havent seen you about much Infact was meaning to PM you to ask how the HannsG 28" widescreen lcd you have in your sig is? im on a 22" LG l225wt atm and i do like it but its starting to feel a little small and i was looking at the HannsG as its dropped to around 250 now

Heres some links for you lazy lot first 2 your gonna need an AVsim libary account for (its free)

Goshawk

De Havilland Dh89a Dragon Rapide

WACO UPF-7

later
steve

Old 09-02-08, 12:43 AM   #1749
Llamalama

Your sky & cloud textures are amazing omzig and that grass is so sharp. How did you gat the shadow on the planes to look so dark .I've noticed that Pre SP1 it looks like that but after SP2 I noticed that overall the shadows has gotten a lot lighter. Sometime I have to really look to see it.
Old 09-02-08, 03:55 AM   #1750
sillyeagle
sillyego

This is all freeware, from Phil's list of FSX compiled freeware. Thanks for the headups Gizmo!

Fifty four files: Phil's fist full of FSX freeware

Boeing T-45

Curtiss Jenny

RWD-14b

Spartan Executive
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-02-08, 03:59 AM   #1751
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Anyone else found any cool freeware we haven’t already seen?
Mr. P Taylor dropped in at the Horizon forum to give us the latest blog info, which happens to be a list of 54 freeware SP2 compliant aircraft - worth having a pick through.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archiv...s-and-fsx.aspx

Amazing shots Steve, esp. that second Goshawk pic - the Dragon Rapid is one of my favourite aircraft, and is a beautiful model. Elegant, historic flying at it's best.

Llamalama, shadows strength vary with both time and season -and maybe with visibility - they are certainly too weak at times.

EDIT Silly beat me to it - had to help with washing up mid way through posting - stunning shots there
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 05:48 AM   #1752
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Yep the various forums seem to be alive with phils freeware roundup,sofar i think me and silly have gotten the best out of it,most of the others seem quick fs9 hack overs but saying that i havent tested them all so far but i'll have a runthrough of a few more when i get chance and see if anything pops up

Im digging the Dragon Rapid its a shame the VC isnt upto the same standard as the rest of the package it works lovly as a nice cruiser over hawaii

Hey Llamalama thanks for the kind words Shadows are as mark says diffrent in time/season i also run under DX10 which seems to have a slight edge in shadow quality,i also think i have PT's shadow tweak in my cfg file still,my Clouds are FEX (my own theme which i cant share because FEX's theme upload for SHDclouds is busted still....)i get the fat clouds by making the FSX use a cloud base upto 2500 feet not just the 1200 to 1400 it likes to use for its sheep clouds....and the sky is FEX but marks excellent Days End Enchanced theme!

that grass overlay is a detail bmp from a freewarepack i was working on that never got released....but Timest has relased a FEX one that looks much the same over at the orbx site(thing is 4096x4096 and 11mb for 1 texture!)you could also try PicNic

http://simviation.com/fsxscenery10.htm

Forth item down,it will give you much the same effect it looks good on grass but not to great on tarmac hehe another of Aces fubars...

OK time to go wrap up my landscapping and reinstall FSX....

Laters
Steve