Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-03-08, 04:12 PM   #1765
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Boy, I sure hope that means it comes with autogen. Been waiting for horizon to do some autogen products. Until then I wait.... lol
Same here,i only have horizon genx vol2 ver2.0 & i havent brought the rest yet because of the lack of autogen(i love the detail but its just like flighting in Google Earth or with TP,sure theres a few fs9 autogen packs out there but they have very limited coverage and alot of the content isnt SP2 compatible,also the lack of 1.2meter night lighting means that as dusk/night approaches you start to see this nasty 4.7m blurry mess they used for night lighting pop in(seems like poor idea to save money+Time by doubling up the 4.7m limit fs9 nightlighting in FSX)I totally removed the nightlighting textures and let UTX eur handle it now..

I know that autogen on that scale is a massive job and due to the fact that alot of the FSX autogen isnt very approrate for the UK your stuck with making your own maybe if they made some custom autogen packs and gave away some freeware airports or try to get a community thing like OZx is to orbx going they get a bit father with completing the autogen stuff and getting more of a buzz about there products

Hey Lith1um sorry to hear about your Raid & thanks for the heads up on the HannsG i think im gonna grab one come the end of the month,the LG i have ATM has a TN film/pannel and i havent had any problems with it washing out as i sit about 3 foot away looking stright at it i've never noticed the view angle thing ppl moan about

Cheers
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 04:16 PM   #1766
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Boy, I sure hope that means it comes with autogen. Been waiting for horizon to do some autogen products. Until then I wait.... lol
It will, but not upon initial release. Mind you the Western Isles do not have much in the way of trees or buildings, so it's not such an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
I totally removed the nightlighting textures and let UTX eur handle it now..
I have done the same, I didn't notice it being that blurry, but I did notice lights on sheer mountain sides, and cliffs. I don't do much night flying, so UTX does a good enough job, and saves on disk space. The Scotland scenery will use a new lighting method however.

Quote:
maybe if they made some custom autogen packs and gave away some freeware airports or try to get a community thing like OZx is to orbx going they get a bit father with completing the autogen stuff and getting more of a buzz about there products
There is a tool in BETA that will allow just this sort of thing -user created sharable content - which will see release soon. Your right about the scale though, hand placing autogen on photoscenery, covering this sort of square milage, is a thankless task.

Last edited by SJA06; 09-03-08 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added comments
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 10:56 PM   #1767
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
It will, but not upon initial release. Mind you the Western Isles do not have much in the way of trees or buildings, so it's not such an issue.
Well at least I'll be getting the london scenery, which now that I'm a chopper flyer should keep me entertained for a while. Looks like it will be out Friday, if not tomorrow.

If it doesn't blend well with default I might have to get at least one pack to go with it, though I'm thinking default with autogen might blend better than suddenly going from full autogen to nothing.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-04-08, 12:53 AM   #1768
Lith1um

Big update for the C130X.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/c131/sp13.html
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 05:15 AM   #1769
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Well at least I'll be getting the london scenery, which now that I'm a chopper flyer should keep me entertained for a while. Looks like it will be out Friday, if not tomorrow.

If it doesn't blend well with default I might have to get at least one pack to go with it, though I'm thinking default with autogen might blend better than suddenly going from full autogen to nothing.

I think every effort has been made to allow it to blend with both default and Horizon, or other scenery vendors - though of course it can't be perfect in all cases.

I think like YMML, this is going to need to be treated as an area to enjoy in terms of detail, at the expense of performance.

The offer of sending my UK Autogen collection is still there if anyone would like it - it would have to be on disk though [100mb which is over 50,000 agn]. There is a tool that will allow it to be automatically placed in the correct Vol and area, making installation a doddle. Just drop me a PM.
Old 09-04-08, 05:25 PM   #1770
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thanks again for the offer Mark, I may yet take you up on it.

If there's anybody here without FTX, now is your chance to experience its most beautiful location!

http://fullterrain.com/freebies/FTXAUBLUEDEMO.zip (234MB)

NOTE! - This demo should not be installed by anyone who has already purchased FTX AU BLUE, as doing so will remove all seasonal data for the entire BLUE region. The demo is aimed at people who would like to try-before-you-buy. Please tell all your friends about the demo and let them experience what they've been missing out on!
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-05-08, 03:33 PM   #1771
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Not sure if your seen it but seems my post over at FSW about if Fex was dead didnt go down to well then again maybe i could have posted it in a little less blunt way but hell when someone takes my money for something,i want what they told me i was gonna get not for them to get into a constent oneupmanship competition with what the competition is or isnt doing and ignore the suggestions of there user base and not relase what they promised

Anyhows just thought id let you all know in gonna take a hiatus from FSX for a while and maybe jump back in when REX and AU green/red hit in a month or 2

I still got some freeware ideas that im working on for FSX and i think im gonna expand it into a full freeware Env package once i have the time..hows Free Enviroment Xtreme sound

Laters
Steve
Old 09-05-08, 03:44 PM   #1772
Revs

Quote:
If there's anybody here without FTX, now is your chance to experience its most beautiful location!
Cheers Silly, I really wanna try it, but the link doesn't seem to work. I get a 'Network Timeout' error. Hopefully it's just a temp thing, but if not, is there anywhere else one might DL it from?

Omgiz, see ya in a bit, bud

EDIT: It's working now
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-08, 04:56 PM   #1773
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Hey guys

Not sure if your seen it but seems my post over at FSW about if Fex was dead didnt go down to well then again maybe i could have posted it in a little less blunt way but hell when someone takes my money for something,i want what they told me i was gonna get not for them to get into a constent oneupmanship competition with what the competition is or isnt doing and ignore the suggestions of there user base and not relase what they promised

Anyhows just thought id let you all know in gonna take a hiatus from FSX for a while and maybe jump back in when REX and AU green/red hit in a month or 2

I still got some freeware ideas that im working on for FSX and i think im gonna expand it into a full freeware Env package once i have the time..hows Free Enviroment Xtreme sound

Laters
Steve
How could we miss it - I think you raised perfectly valid points, that as a customer your entitled to ask. Maybe FSW is not the most balanced forum to do it on, but it did get a reaction, that no doubt will run on for a while. Personally I think Pete and Chris need to forget Tim, and just work on FEX the way they, and their customers want, for the benefit of FEX. The whole FEX v REX thing at FSW is so sad and childish at times, it makes me sick - it's boring. Why is it not REX v ASX/AG? which look to me like far closer products, yet this fact is never mentioned...HiFi just get on with what they do, without any signs of bitterness, despite the fact Tim worked for them, and is now competing directly against them.

Not that we want a three way argument [or four with free enviroment Xtreme ], but it is a bit baffling.

Anyway, have a nice break from FSX Steve - it's good to do something else for a bit. Sometimes this doesn't feel like the relaxing hobby it should.

Oh, and Horizons VFR London is out!
Old 09-05-08, 05:26 PM   #1774
sillyeagle
sillyego

Oh man, I posted about the free FTX demo at Avsim, and of course they deleted it along with all the replies in it. What a lame forum. lol

Well you did your part Steve, thats about all you can do.

EDIT: London is out? Sweet!
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-05-08, 07:49 PM   #1775
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Well someone needs to come along and rock the apple cart ever so often,myself i perfer to just kick it over and be done with hehe

I think its bull**** what some FSX devs get away maybe its about time for Aces to make a WHQL for FS to keep them incheck

btw with did you see the post peter made about intergrating FEX with ASX! too me that means one of two things (or both)the FEX guys just cant get there weather engine done and are now looking to annex a weather engine from HiFi & that REX has both of them in a panic because it looks like Tim & Co are gonna wipe the floor with them both

I mean WTF why would anyone buy ASX from HiFi after buying FEX when REX (are you following all these acronyms) includes everything from both & more at less cost!

i dont think i'll be following FEX or using it much longer(hey if i dev my own i wont need either hehe) and im dumping it as soon as REX hits
this is not just todo with there lack of proper support but also because the tone of some of peters post towards tim & co have been pretty nasty,i mean its almost like peter and chris dont think any other dev has the right to develope an env package for FSX!

The way they've reacted to REX its pretty bizzard its almost like there letting what Tims posting sway the direction of there addon & he's just getting on with it and trying to get his teams relase to market,its no longer about what their customers want its about features the other guy has'nt got and trying to oneup them & sure thats great if its stuff we really want or needed but even more clouds...why more clouds over the sun editor or the airport env textures????,as you said i havent seen any other dev do this...strange im just gonna let them get on with it if nothing else my post might get them posting updates in good time a little more,i really dont give a **** about the brown nosers of flamers its much like the PT god worshippers over at AVsim they just dont want ppl posting telling devs about there short coming and there lack of support...bah

Hey maybe i should start screwing with ppl's heads over there and post some stuff ive been working on with hacking in those promised DX10 crepuscular rays?

see you guys in a while & keep posting the cool stuff it might Drag me back faster hehe

Peace
Steve
Old 09-05-08, 11:17 PM   #1776
sillyeagle
sillyego

I hear ya Giz. I also like to break out my sword once in a while, and swing it about the forums a bit. People get riled up when you do that, but if your shaking the cart, its quite expected some apples are going roll. lol

I know Peter made a comment that he doesn't live on the forums, but back when the SHD hype was going on he was out there constantly, even proactively hitting up people via PM, which he did with me in an effort to talk me into a purchase with the prospect of getting to "test" the SHD clouds. I told him I would take a "press copy", but that didn't fly. lol

Nice god rays BTW. And I don't know if you noticed but that P-40 paint on the last page looks like it has a different specular on the Parrot Head paint, as its more glossy than the rest of the aircraft. I thought that was neat and really adds to visual appeal.

In other news it looks like Carenado are stepping it up a bit.... Not my type of plane really, but I might actually a try a Carenado plane as this new stuff looks pretty sweet. This one is "comming soon".

EVGA Intel X58