Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-08-08, 09:51 PM   #1789
Bearclaw

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
That's just concept art, and they missed the concept by a mile.

So true.
Old 09-09-08, 07:10 AM   #1790
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys & like a crackwhore im back for more i just couldnt find any other games to hold my interest over the weekend althought spore looks like its worth a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Hey i got a question... Is this for real?:
It seem so... fake in a way, like shopped or rendered or i dont know. Is it out for FSX yet?
Hehe i love this fake shot somuch,its goning dog PhilT(Aces lead dev post RMT) till the end of his days at Aces & just so you can see them together

DX10 FSX The fantasy

DX10 FSX The reality....

The funny thing was that M$ was still using the fake on its vista page about 8 months after Aces had shipped there broken DX10 renderer...Someone pointed this out to Phil over at Avsim and after about another month they finally pulled it,i also remember he had a bit of a hissy fit that noone had thanked him for pulling it....too funny

FSX is getting better GFX wise just look at AU blue & gold & what REX has coming but i dont think it will ever reach the Dream...manybe FSXII or FSXIII might get close to it but not FSXI i think this will at RMT look pretty much like FSX but just run better as Aces have a very nasty habbit of reusing assets from there last few titles,i think Aces need to either get better ENV artists or outsource most of there art work,they tried it with acceleration and that worked quite well i think,but what we really need is competition for FS to get them to raise there game untill then i think they'll always be a little lazy,X plane is getting there but not quite yet,i have it(maybe i should drop it back in & try it or do some freeware for it)and it sits just above FS9 gfx wise but id say for joe bod Flighter simmer its way to advanced and the gui/interface is pretty horrid

Nice shots on the london addon guys,i'll be passing on this one just because i know what that kind of autogen does to the FSX engine!

Laters
Steve

btw Tim "Piglet" Conrad's Mooney Mite is pretty cool grab it over at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/ file name M-18C.zip

also i relased 2 OZ based skin for the beaverX over at the Orbx forums if anyone want to check them out
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 04:54 AM   #1791
sillyeagle
sillyego

Does anybody know where NWTrees back the defaults up too? The config program won't restore the defaults, so hopefully I can manually copy them back.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-11-08, 09:16 AM   #1792
omzig
Comfortably Numb

hey silly

There placed in the main NWtree install dir in a folder called Backups.FSX & there ordered by date

you'll need to copy them to

X:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture

i have a backup of the fsx sp2 tree's so if your stuck just shout and i'll zip them up for you

laters
steve
Old 09-11-08, 02:02 PM   #1793
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Someone should tell the guy that his backup sytem doesn't work I guess.

Ta very much for the HU on the Mooney Mite - a great little AC.

Also been playing with some more sky textures in PS...what do you think about launching Free Enviroment eXtreme [FrEE] then Steve

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 02:30 PM   #1794
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thanks Giz. I bet if you guys throw together a free set of environment textures people would certainly download it. People seem to be into the dramatic skies, though I like blue and white my self. lol
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-11-08, 03:42 PM   #1795
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Thanks Giz. I bet if you guys throw together a free set of environment textures people would certainly download it. People seem to be into the dramatic skies, though I like blue and white my self. lol
You won't be getting the most out of REX then

Actually, sod doing it for free - we could put a few textures up for sale at 'simmarket' they'll sell any old crap there
Old 09-11-08, 04:36 PM   #1796
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
You won't be getting the most out of REX then

Actually, sod doing it for free - we could put a few textures up for sale at 'simmarket' they'll sell any old crap there
Surely you jest! I think the only thing Tim has ever shown is blue and white. lol Too true about simmarket. lol

This is pretty cool:

This should be out later in the month, both FSX Deluxe and Acceleration for $50.

EVGA Intel X58

Old 09-15-08, 03:16 PM   #1797
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hey guys, haven't had much simming time lately. Everytime I sit down to sim I get comsumed by writing, and its been quite compelling so have not been able to pull my self way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
i have a backup of the fsx sp2 tree's so if your stuck just shout and i'll zip them up for you
Hey Gizmo, if you don't mind could you zip up those textures? I copied the backup over and still have NWTrees showing. Thanks!
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-15-08, 06:48 PM   #1798
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Hey guys, haven't had much simming time lately. Everytime I sit down to sim I get comsumed by writing, and its been quite compelling so have not been able to pull my self way.
Hey Gizmo, if you don't mind could you zip up those textures? I copied the backup over and still have NWTrees showing. Thanks!
Sure Silly NP i'll get them Packed up & upload first thing tommorrow then PM you a linky

I myself have just gotten one of the HannsG 28" Monitors i asked lith about a page or 2 back and OMG its massive!

I was in two minds as id read quite a few mixed reviews about it but once you take a few mins to setup the Brightness/Contrast & position it correctly its superb for the money
even backlighting & no dead pixels im very happy with it

I cant believe how much diffrence the extra 5 1/2"'s over my 22" makes & the extra detail the 1920x1200 native rez adds to gaming is killer,ive havent spent much time is FSX since i got it as ive been on a FPS overdose(HL2,COJ,Jerico,GOW,COD,stalker ect ect)

i did have a quick fly around taz though & FSX looks great aswell and the VC views now feels a lot less cramped,ill have a thread catch up in a day or to as ive got a few shots of the AS seasprite to post,its as nice as the KA-52 & shows that AS are really steping up there game plan,although they still need to test more....

Laters
steve
Old 09-16-08, 04:57 PM   #1799
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I was impressed going from a 17" to 20" WS - but that's a whole different experience I would imagine...very nice.

Writing what Silly?

A few screens - sunrise over Snowdonia.

Old 09-16-08, 05:17 PM   #1800
Lith1um

Great shots guys! Wild color's in that sky SJ.

Glad you ended up liking the monitor Steve. The bang for the buck is just sick.

I'm hooked on iRacing now, but I need to check out Stalker: Clear Sky and spend some more time with FSX. But iRacing is so good it's hard to get away from.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote