Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-08, 11:31 PM   #1957
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Yeah I'm around, but haven't spent so much time at the PC lately, and when I have it's been FC2. Plus I've been put off from FSX due to the stutters with the newer drivers. I'm hoping I can relaod and fix it, since not everybody is seeing the same issue.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-05-08, 10:02 PM   #1958
Llamalama

"PA -28R201 Arrow IV" I just noticed this while browsing through their site. I haven't even heard or seen this type before. Is this a fairly new design?

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3
Old 11-06-08, 03:15 AM   #1959
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamalama View Post
"PA -28R201 Arrow IV" I just noticed this while browsing through their site. I haven't even heard or seen this type before. Is this a fairly new design?

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

This ac looks just like the Cherokee with a T tail - one to miss maybe. It says the design was from 1979...or do you mean a new design for Carenado?.

I hope they do an update Beechcraft Mentor I nearly bought the FS9/FSX version and then they started doing their SP2 versions, so though it best to wait.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 10:03 AM   #1960
omzig
Comfortably Numb

My next WIP repaint for the RA Decathalon custom bump/spec mapping & a few little areas of chroming (handels,brackets grills ect)

Hey silly i hope you can fix your FSX problems I myself seemed to have fixed the frame bouncing i was having by not forcing AF/AA via CCC....

its very strange how as tech progresses FSX seems to get worse/fussier about its setting,runnig unlimited my frame rate i can hit around about 60/70 fps NP but every 3 seconds or so that drops down to 6/8 fps its maddening! ive checked all my running processes defragged tweak un-tweaked reinstall drivers OS ectectect but i cant kill the dips on unlimited & to sure it i had settled for ingame AA/AF and a lock of 30fps....i really hope Aces they get there **** together for FSXI atleast we have TS2 to guage there progress by

Laters
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 04:47 PM   #1961
sillyeagle
sillyego

I've been amazed before at how well it ran after a clean install, and I don't know why that would matter much, so I'm hoping for good results when I ge to it.

Awesome repaint there. That's one I'll be taking advantage of! The sharpening really makes your recent shots stand out.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-06-08, 06:03 PM   #1962
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey silly

Yep i kind treat FSX like and OS now i i find no matter how much care i take over what i install how i tweak it how its defrag ectectect it still always runs better after a good nuke what ive taken to doing it right after i install it is to make a full copy of the FSX+Accel install folder so i have a backup of every file i might replace and as i like to tweak/mod alot it comes in handy and nexttime i need to replace it i just delete the old one and make another copy rename it and reinstall my 3rd party addons and tweaks save quite a bit of time on reinstalling

& Yep i have to agree a little sharppening can help you get back the clarity of FSX with screenshots im having to shrink from my now native 1920x1200 to a size i can post here & it really leaves them looking a bit blurry/messy so a bit of sharpening brings them back into focus to how it pretty much looks running on my screen

Thanks for the kind words on my repaints guys really glad to see ppl enjoying them

Cheers
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 10:04 PM   #1963
Llamalama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
This ac looks just like the Cherokee with a T tail - one to miss maybe. It says the design was from 1979...or do you mean a new design for Carenado?.

I hope they do an update Beechcraft Mentor I nearly bought the FS9/FSX version and then they started doing their SP2 versions, so though it best to wait.
Sorry, I meant was this a new plane from piper. Didn't realise that it's been around since '79 . Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to their "Skyhawk".
Old 11-07-08, 02:26 PM   #1964
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I find the same thing - I reinstalled FSX a while back and it ran like a greased whippet, but just a few weeks on and I'm sure it getting more sluggish. Maybe it's all those 'gizmo' repaints

I do get the exact same frame rate up and down with 'unlimited' it will go from 50+ to 6/8 and back up again like clockwork - the engine seems to interrupt rendering to do something else when frame rates are high. It a pity as running 'unlimited' does feel nice until the stutters come along.

Orbx releases their Coffs Harbour area scenery, and what a great little addition this is to the AU product line-up. These are from a couple of quick flyovers, but there is tons to explore in minute detail here.

Old 11-08-08, 04:07 AM   #1965
NuBee
NuBee

SJA06 i only can say WOW!
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 05:41 AM   #1966
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Cheers NuBee - it really is a cracking bit of scenery and certainly worth the 12.50 GBP I paid...a bit of a bargain in fact.

Something to try for those stutters - reduce the Texture_bandwidth_mult to 10 and see if that helps. I not claiming a magic fix or anything but I think it may a least help when running an 'unlimited' frame rate.
Old 11-09-08, 06:46 AM   #1967
sillyeagle
sillyego

I did a clean install and that seems to have fixed the stutters I was getting. So far so good anyway, but there was definitely something wrong before.

I'd say this is one of the coolest scenery add ons there is. Perfect for choppers.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-09-08, 08:04 AM   #1968
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Let hope things keep running smoothly for you, the stutters a very annoying thing with FSX and really pull you out of the moment.

Nice shots there Silly, it really is a great little photoscenery area - even on the ground the illusion is largely maintained.