Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-09-08, 11:04 AM   #1969
NuBee
NuBee

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Hi@all! Back again, now testing the F 16. Very nice model but I don't really like flying it, more looking at it. Still like most the Real Air SF-260 and the Spitfire. Sorry for the bad english.

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 07:01 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 11:05 AM   #1970
NuBee
NuBee

...and another one, this time photoshoped for more effect

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Old 11-09-08, 01:43 PM   #1971
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Great shots everyone glad to see a little life back in this thread i was worried that the screenshot thread might close the remaining 10k veiws gap we have on them lol dam this thread totally owns this message board!

Coffs looks very cool but i find that 1. i dont spend anytime at airports 2.they always cost far tomany FPS to run at full detail and that makes my landing very difficult!

Nice F-16 shots nubee who is it on the FPS? i read that shadows are a realy hit on the framerate for this model & more so in DX10 mode due to the massive polycount of the internal and external model
how is she at full power? i bet you can bring on the blurries real easy once you open her up,it one of the main reason i dont fly jets in FSX as i dont think the game engine can handle the speed of jet aircraft at low levels

Just finished and uploaded my VH-NEL repaint to Ozx

http://aussiex.org/ozxrepaints/RealA...lon_VH-NEL.zip

Manufacturer : RealAir/American Champion Aircraft
Model : Decathlon
Specs: VH-NEL
Release Date: 9th November 2008
Painter: Gizmo

Evolved from a custom normal mapping test in to a full repaint and feature a fully custom/remade set of bump/spec maps and some cool chroming tweaks on handles and other bare metal parts

Enjoy
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 02:37 PM   #1972
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

NuBee - those are some fantastic shots, love the F16, though, like you, I don't really do jets, so I won't be buying it myself.

Steve, I will reinstall my Scout pack and add this paint, it looks superb

slaWter, There are some REX movements - the Flight Sim Store page is up and there are the odd screens from those with the BETA, but otherwise no real hint as to how long it will be....oh, and you lucky sod, upgrading to the lastest tech - I'm still on an AMD X2
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 07:28 PM   #1973
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Yet another baffaling use of english from an english man hehe

we english use the term "odd" to also mean "just a few" "1 or 2" "not many"

something like

"i like the odd drop of jack and coke"

i dont think mark means odd as in strange or weird

that said i have seen some less than sellar looking REX shots on the orbx preview boards i think REX is going to be just like FEX in a way that sometimes it can look stunning but you can also (quite easily) make it look really ****ty depending on how you combine themes

laters
steve

later
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 10:03 PM   #1974
Llamalama

Good to see you guys back again.
SJA06 I look at your second batch of Coff's pics and all I could focus on are those clouds. They are stunning mate!
Sillyeagle your first shot shows how nicely textured that beach is.
Nubee nice work on that edit. Those sunrays really adds atmosphere. I wish I could use DX10 and have it looking as good as that.
Omzig Awesome paint mate.
How do you guys get your pics to show up that big. When I post it always ends up as thumbnails.

Last edited by Llamalama; 11-09-08 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Llamalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-08, 04:45 AM   #1975
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Sorry slaWter, Steve has explained what I meant, but I didn't write that sentence very well, which didn't help

REX will suffer from the same FSX limitations that FEX and ASX does, which means you need to be careful or things can look a mess. I also think some of the themes are a little heavy handed, but that's fine as long as there are more subtle ones to balance, which I'm sure there will be. I would really like to see what the general beta testers are getting at this point, but it seems apart from a select few that they are still under NDA. We were certainly allowed a more free reign with FEX to post what we wanted under beta, which meant good and bad...and there was some very bad, but at least it gave people to see it as it realy was.

All I want now though is a complete product, as I'm fed up of using a bit of this and a bit of that - I will certainly keep FEX, as I have a lot of themes I don't want to lose, but I really look forward to having all the other environment textures and the weather engine and flight planner as a single product and not the mish-mash I currently have.

Llamalama I just use imageshack or orbx image hosting and place the link between the [img] link here [/img] tags. Avoid any links to thumbnails, make sure it is to the full size image, as there is often a choice.
Old 11-10-08, 01:59 PM   #1976
NuBee
NuBee

Quote:
Those sunrays really adds atmosphere
It's a very little (but wonderfull!) plug in Filter for Photoshop called "Luce"= "Light" in italian

And yes, Jets ar a pain in FSX. By the way, with the F-16 at high speed you can hardly take a curve, maybe is so in real life.
And yes, it was about time to get movement in tis thread.
And sorry for my clouds, I don't have FEX and its a little too late to get it, just waiting for REX, those clouds kill me.

Old 11-10-08, 10:11 PM   #1977
Llamalama

Thanks guys. Learn something new everyday.
Old 11-11-08, 04:47 AM   #1978
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Does anyone know where I can get a programme that generates traffic? I am tired of being the only plane hurtling across the Atlantic.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 05:39 AM   #1979
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

My Traffic 5.2 seems to be getting good feedback - this update gives it FSX SP2/DX10 compatible models, which means frame rates are very good.
http://mytraffic2004.com/mtx/
Old 11-12-08, 12:24 AM   #1980
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hey guys,

Here's a tentative hotfix for the autogen tree problem with the forests around Cairns in AUGreen. I finally got around to posting about the horrid performance when flying over the hills in that area, and John immediatly whipped out a hotfix he had been working on....

http://fullterrain.com/hotfixes/FTXA...X_3000.002.zip

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=6736.0

This combined with my recent clean install to cure the sutters I was getting now make flying in the area quite enjoyable.
EVGA Intel X58