Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-17-08, 06:47 AM   #2005
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Yeah I was wondering how you got some of those shots. I might have to try a camera utility my self. Do you know where I can get one?
EZdok 1.2

You'll have to remove/reasign some of your key asignment in FSX (num pad 2,4,6,8 pgup pgdw)
to use it properly,see the in app help option but if you get stuck just give me a shout

btw you need to allow this network access as it uses simconnect to interface with FSX

Laters
steve

massive email has been sent to carenado re the HD repaint just waitting for the word back
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08, 03:24 PM   #2006
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
"PC's are like women....buy them something expensive and they go down on you"
Nice one

I think my problem was a case of pushing things a little too far, as you do, just trying a get a few more mhz out of the CPU, which was pointless anyway for all the difference it would have made. I also think my Windows install was getting a bit flaky as well and was about eighteen months old, so it is nice to have a clean start - it's just a pain getting every back the way I like it and installing all the stuff I use on a daily basis.

Anyway I'll get FSX back on tomorrow and the first things I will add is the C-152, your paint and all my AU regions.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08, 03:33 PM   #2007
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey mark

Been there done that many many times infact just last week it started to try and push my core2 up another few mhz and in the end it back fired and i neded up having to drop it below what it had been stable at! but that what tweaking for FSX gets you hehe

I'll PM you a linky so you'll be good to go once your back up and running

Cheers
Steve
Old 11-18-08, 10:44 AM   #2008
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Very nice work indeed Steve - I just managed to get FSX back up and running to get a peek before it went public the longest part was a battle with the fecking Flight1 wrapper and doing the SHD update - I had forgotten how long that takes. Just need to add the other AU regions and then all my Horizon scenery which will take hours and hours inc. all the defragging...fun eh?...

Thank you very much.

Old 11-19-08, 10:34 AM   #2009
omzig
Comfortably Numb

thought id posted some thing like this last night be mustt not have gone through before i shutdown so here goes again

Stunning sets both of you guys!...Ok thats it i gotta make you(mark) & silly my offical FSX repaint screen grabbers/pimpers!

its non paying but i can offer you early access to any of my works hehe

Man i cant belive what FSX has been turned into i really dout FSXI can get to the above lvl of fidelity its a real shame Aces dont want to spill the source code to FSX so other more talented ppl might beable to speed/smooth it out a little.....i can only hope they get there rendering engine **** together and give us the ability to use FSX DX10 cert Addons within a faster tighter better looking engine if they cant do all that i think your gonna start to see ppl like Orbx looking towards custom 3rd party engines or they'll look at building a custom inhouse engine to support there content just imagine a standalone FS-Ozx

I dont do train's but im keen to see TS2 and maybe i'll get it to have a poke around with the engine to see whats coming!

All the best
steve
Old 11-19-08, 12:47 PM   #2010
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I would be happy to oblige Steve - shame about the lack of cash though

A few more, inc. 'that' repaint. There are more of these at FSW or orbx.

I will be interesting to see TS2 if FS11 is going to be based on the same engine, though I too have no interest in a train sim. I would like/hope to see a revamp of the terrain engine, something that can keep up and not be reduced to soup when the pace picks up...that and better 3D object and autogen performance.
Old 11-19-08, 03:43 PM   #2011
sillyeagle
sillyego

I really like that first landscape shot Mark!

As to FS11, performance was said to be a primary development goal, where it was said performance was not a consideration for FSX, which sounds a bit odd that they didn't consider performance.

I might pick up TS2 just to mess around with. I'd like to test out some of the locamotives to see what they are capable of, and learn how they operate and such. I just mess around with FSX the way it is. I've never done a point A to B flight in my life.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-20-08, 09:37 AM   #2012
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
I really like that first landscape shot Mark!

As to FS11, performance was said to be a primary development goal, where it was said performance was not a consideration for FSX, which sounds a bit odd that they didn't consider performance.

I might pick up TS2 just to mess around with. I'd like to test out some of the locamotives to see what they are capable of, and learn how they operate and such. I just mess around with FSX the way it is. I've never done a point A to B flight in my life.
Yeah ta, I was so pleased with that one I've made it my desktop background and I never have them usually - after my reformat I'm enjoying a prettier Windows environment, as I normally turn all the eye-candy off for performance sake, but actually I don't think it makes much difference and it looks so much nicer.

I must admit that I don't tend to do point-to-point flights very often and if I do they will be no more than an hour, as I do get bored. I did Launceston to Hobart this morning, taking in the sunrise, which was great and long enough. How some people do long distance high altitude flights baffles me - what do they do for all those hours? - at that height even the view is boring..still each to their own.

Old 11-20-08, 10:12 AM   #2013
sillyeagle
sillyego

Look at all the flight sim nerds in here.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-20-08, 02:46 PM   #2014
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Look at all the flight sim nerds in here.
And you were expecting what exactly?

Normal people?

Old 11-21-08, 10:40 PM   #2015
Dreamweavernoob
Desperate code

How well will a

Q9450 (overclocked eventually )
P5K Black Pearl premium
4Gb (2x2gb) 800Mhz
GTX 768mb
320gb hard drive
1920x1200 resolution.
Dreamweavernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 01:13 PM   #2016
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweavernoob View Post
How well will a

Q9450 (overclocked eventually )
P5K Black Pearl premium
4Gb (2x2gb) 800Mhz
GTX 768mb
320gb hard drive
1920x1200 resolution.
It should work very nicely, though you may not be able to run max settings and remain fluid, by general gaming standards. FSX and add-ons are best placed on a seperate HDD to your OS, so another drive would be an idea if you intend to use FSX with and be serious about it.