Old 12-07-08, 03:46 AM   #2065
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathemetal View Post
just bought this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826102008

for my grandpa for xmas. he's addicted to fs and has been wanting this for a while.
Lucky Grandpa - what a generous grandson you are...

Nice shot there SlaWter
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 12:30 PM   #2066
Bearclaw

Nice shots guys! They all look amazing! About to take off for KHOU. Will post flight plan here in a minute.
Old 12-09-08, 01:18 AM   #2067
sillyeagle
sillyego

Storage requirements for photoscenery are nuts. I was looking at all the VFR Utah downloads that are available, which I have not bothered to download yet, despite having pre-ordered it like a year ago, and so far there's about 44GB of data, and that's not even the full state. Will probably be close to 55GB for the whole state at 1.2m with 5m mesh. I guess on the other hand you can buy a 1TB HDD for $100 these days so perhaps the storage req is a non issue. At least I'm pulling down the files at 2.5MB/sec, which is 20mb/s, so only 6.5 minutes per GB, and that's over my wireless. If I were to hard line it I could do 3.5MB/s at less than 5 minutes per GB.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 12-10-08, 03:21 AM   #2068
sillyeagle
sillyego

Utah with 5m mesh. I never really thought I would enjoy photo scenery with no autogen but this is actually pretty cool when using an 8.0 LOD radius, locked frame rate, and a fast jet. For one thing the 35fps lock provides a glass smooth experience and freedom from blurries, and the jet is moving along to the point where autogen isn't needed. Moving toward or away from the ground at high speeds looks pretty sweet.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 12-10-08, 06:03 AM   #2069
NuBee
NuBee

Great shots all of you! The water in REX kills me and I could die right here, so envious am I.
Well, I ain't got REX but I'll get it soon, must have it. I'm playing now with FEX SHD clouds, skyes from XG and weather from ASX, and I got this:

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:01 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 06:09 AM   #2070
NuBee
NuBee

...and this. I hope you like it. All screens are resized from 1920x1200, just a bit sharpened.

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:01 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 09:34 AM   #2071
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Nice detail in that Utah PS silly hows the stitching and contrast between tiles and do you have any idea if there going to Autogen it? i love the total variation of true PS but without autogen it just feel like im using google earth!

Great shots NuBee welcome back & btw how the hip these days?

Here one for mark sorry it took so long

Custom request my mark this is a scheme he chose for his UK flights,its HD like my last few 152 repaints a new colour scheme based under one of my other dirty HD repaints,i didnt have time to remake the whole dirt and dents as a complete custom set like i did between AIF & IGX as they takes hours/days to make up and test and as mark said he was ok with a recycle the dirt it beats him flying Oz regged planes in the UK

Still havent gotten REX and im not sure if i will atm,a fully working weather engine was the thing that was the really draw of REX and ive read nothin but bad things about that component,if i got REX it seems that i would still be mixing and match between it and FEX and my home made tweaks

btw can someone post some DX10 REX water shots? pretty much all the shots ive seen sofar of the water are from DX9 and i know DX10 water is a hell of a lot diffrent rendering pass wise than DX9 so i know that even with the same texture normals its not going to look the same under DX10

Gonna have to go for a full OS nuke and reinstalled on my system i think as its been a bit flaky since i replaced the MB last week(even thought i was a like for like swap)just gotta find time to do it & reinstall everthing this time im gonna true image the partion...arggh

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 12:40 PM   #2072
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey slaWter

Thx for the heads up on the DX10 issues with Nv i was gonna get a 260 for Xmas but now im stuck between a rock and a hardplace!

Thats the carenado C152 ive been making Oz based repaints for it over the last few months the last 2 ive released for it where beatup HD repaints,Mark asked me a few weeks back to make a HD repaint for him to use to fly over the UK with so i told him to pick one and id repaint it all for him(anit i a nice guy )due to limited time on my part i ended up recycling all the dirt layers from VH-IGX and then added a little extra ware & tear on the colour scheme for him

Cheers
steve

Old 12-10-08, 02:06 PM   #2073
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Steve your an absolute star - at this moment I can't download as the link is not loading for some reason, but I cannot wait to try her out and will keep trying. It looks fantastic in your shot and will be my primary ride in the UK. Glad your back up and running, though a bit of a bugger having to a full reinstall - I'm still not running with everything after my 'nuke' and was a few weeks ago now.

Some really wonderful shots all - Utah looks amazing. Nubee, with shots like that who need REX - yeah, ok the water would be nicer, but those skies are some of the best I've seen...stunners!

I'm on XP so cannot do DX10 shots, sorry...
Old 12-10-08, 04:07 PM   #2074
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Thanks Steve, I have to get that plane, your repaints are way too good to miss out

FSX DX10 works with the 180.48, even in SLI, but not with the GTA4 drivers (180.84).
The 180.84 isn't the best driver anyway but I have to use it for now because of GTA4.

Hopefully nV will release a full working set soon, I'll keep you posted.
Hey slaWter

Thanks for the heads up on the drivers and many thanks for the kind words maybe you guys should email frenado and tell him im selling his planes for him that way he might send me the 172 for free hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Steve your an absolute star - at this moment I can't download as the link is not loading for some reason, but I cannot wait to try her out and will keep trying. It looks fantastic in your shot and will be my primary ride in the UK. Glad your back up and running, though a bit of a bugger having to a full reinstall - I'm still not running with everything after my 'nuke' and was a few weeks ago now.

I'm on XP so cannot do DX10 shots, sorry...
No worries mark glad you dig it btw i sent you a 2nd link as RS seems to be down atm
you'll have a good head start as i wont be throwing G-OWAC out to the public later till i hear back from fernado (im waitting for him toget sick of me asking a tell me to just release them all from now on and be done with it )

laters
steve
Old 12-10-08, 04:24 PM   #2075
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Thank you Steve love it!

A few shots from a quick test out of Exeter - will do a longer flight tomorrow.

I think Fernando should think himself lucky that his models get such attention - this has to boost his sales...and your hardly going to make tham look bad, quite the opposite.

Old 12-11-08, 02:00 AM   #2076
sillyeagle
sillyego

EVGA Intel X58