Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-04-09, 12:53 AM   #2305
NuBee
NuBee

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Wow, that looks good!

OK guys, I need your help. Since my last reformat I infected my PC with this annoying Virtumonde, but since my wife got a 120 GB iPod and I was trying to fill it, I didnít have time to reformat again. So I tried to get rid of it. I tried everything, read a lot in forums, used a lot of tools but didnít managed to get rid of it. So Iíll do a reformat. Again. And here I need your help:
Is it important which add-on you install first? The last time I had a problem with the scenery (see screenshots), I had land on water where it shouldnít be.

Now, that I think of it, I didn't have it on ORBX Products, or Madeira, I've seen it only around the USA and Hawaii coasts. Itís the first time that I had this problem and I assume itís a conflict between the scenery packs.
I would appreciate your help and I just canít wait to get on plane.

Here is a list of what I have:
FSX Professional Edition
FSX Acceleration Pack
FS Global 2008 (Iíd still keep it. Itís a great difference between the stock mountains and the ones with FS Global)
Shockwave-3D-Lights
X-Graphics
Active Sky
FEX (of course I wonít use it, Iíll use REX)
REX
FSX-ORBX-AU Blue, -Green,-Red
Mega Scenery X-Southern California, -Hawaii
Ultimate Terrain X-USA, -Canada, -Europe
VFR London
France VFR-Riviera
Vancouver
Venice X
Monaco X
Madeira
Hong Kong Kai-Tak
And of course, a lot of planes (I wonít use all)
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:05 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 02:57 AM   #2306
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quite amazing, she is.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-04-09, 04:16 AM   #2307
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Nubee - put all photoscenery above landclass in the library. Photoscenery should always take priority over any landclass in FSX, but I may be worth re-ordering it to see if it helps.

I have only seen this myself when using add-on [freeware] airfields that clash with each other [two separate but local fields]

Silly that looks fantastic and you have a beast of a PC there...lucky man!

Steve looking forward to the Bell HD pack, it looks truly stunning - good work!

Redeemed - I use the same Sytek Cyborg Evo stick and find it great for FSX. The various hat switches auto-configure for flap, trim and camera, which leaves plenty of other buttons to configure yourself should you wish too. The only thing it lacks is dual throttle, but that is not too big an issue.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 03:52 PM   #2308
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCG View Post
I just installed FSX, I have a 3.16GHZ Core 2 Duo, BFG Geforce GTX 260 MaxCore, 2GB of ram. I know I"m low on ram, but any suggestions on any tweaks to make it look better/run better?

How about suggestions for flying, I suck hard lol, I bought one of those Saitek X52 thingy's, hopeful that it'd do the flying lol, not a chance.
Set these values in your FSX.cfg file, and then set your autogen slider to very dense. Some of these lines are present and you just change the vlaue, but if the line it not present just add it under the respective category. Also, make sure you have bloom disabled, ground scenery shadows disabled, and set your water slider to Mid 2.x. I also fly with all AI and traffic disabled, with the exception of 10% road vehicle, as it causes a pretty big hit, though it's up to you if you want more AI active at the cost of performance.

[DISPLAY]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700

[MAIN]
DisablePreload=1

[SCENERY]
SmallPartRejectRadius=3

[BUFFERPOOLS]
PoolSize=50000000
EVGA Intel X58

Last edited by sillyeagle; 02-21-09 at 12:48 AM.
sillyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 08:46 PM   #2309
sillyeagle
sillyego

These guys sure have a full plate. This is the third project they have anounced, with the Cub and FW190 being the others.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-04-09, 09:09 PM   #2310
sillyeagle
sillyego

Look at this:

Job Title: Art Management
Job Category: Game Design
Product: Games
Date Posted: 01/30/2009

*To consider similar job openings on MS Careers, use keyword: GAMES

Join the team responsible for building the most fun and rewarding flying experiences available on Games for Windows Live. Does working on a small, innovative team that delivers the most immersive flight experiences available today on the PC intrigue you? Our technology makes available entire continents - potentially the entire planet - for a detailed and dynamic 3D experience. We are looking for a Project Art Lead who can define, refine, and extend the visual elements while balancing the need for fun and approachability for a broad set of users.
RESPONSIBILITIES:

Demonstrate and clearly communicate expectations for quality of work, creativity, originality and professionalism to the art team.
Provide strong leadership for the art team and provide guidance for overall career development.
Establish a regular art review schedule internally within the team.
Ensure that all required art positions are staffed with excellent, qualified persons.
Manage both internal and external resources
Consult on a regular basis with the Project Design Lead and Project Developer Lead to set and adjust appropriate art production milestones.
Drive development and documentation for art processes and tools.
Work to thoroughly understand our customers and provide guidance to the team that will allow them to build assets that support our customerís desires.
Locate and establish solid working relationships with outsource vendors.

QUALIFICATIONS:

5+ years experience as an Art Lead across multiple shipped titles
Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team through the complete product development cycle
An in-depth knowledge of game development software and techniques (e.g. Max, Photoshop)
Experience in creating and managing all processes of artwork creation for triple-A titles
An eye for detail and style, as demonstrated by a top-rate portfolio
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience dealing with outsource vendors
EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-04-09, 10:30 PM   #2311
Sabadin

Cause you know, that makes much more sense than the logical thing of them keeping the guys who've been doing it for years already
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:34 PM   #2312
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee View Post
Is it important which add-on you install first? The last time I had a problem with the scenery (see screenshots), I had land on water where it shouldn’t be.
Anytime I've had land where water should be it was due to me running with FTX mode ON outside of FTX areas, or as a result of me not turning FTX mode OFF for a scenery install. I've found UTX and FTX especially don't play well if you don't follow the rules. So when you load your stuff make certain you have FTX mode OFF anytime you install a scenery product.

@ Sabadin, I bet they wanted to dissolve the team so they could force them to break away from the current product and build something that can be ported over from Xbox. Seems they plan to take many of the former ACES guys back, though I think it's clear FS will become something new, else they would not have said "out with the old".
EVGA Intel X58

Old 02-05-09, 11:58 AM   #2313
yxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Done! Got my new i7 system up and running this weekend with Windows 7, so I formatted the RaptorX with 64k to use as my FSX drive, and put my OS on a 500GB Baracuda. Got it stable at 4GHz w/1.375v and 1600 7-7-7-20, though it does run quite hot, and I've got the best i7 air cooler you can get. Temps running Prime will hit mid 70's on the CPU with mid 80's on the cores, and that's with my case cover off. When running the Everest stability test I stay below 70 on the CPU and below 80 on the cores. When running FSX it stays around 55 on the CPU and 65 on the cores. Since that's my most demanding CPU app I should be fine where I am.

Hey congrats on the new system. i'm jealous of all i7 users who run FSX. i want but unexpected car trouble cost me this month and being layed off for a couple of months before going back to work doesn't help. Maybe sometime yet this year i will get i7 yet.

i want to fly over dense autogen!!!!!!!!!!!!
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 01:34 PM   #2314
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Grats on the New system Lance sounds real sweet have you had chance to try burning off some of that extra framerate on the landscape LOD?

Ok Bell 206 package final installer has been uploaded for the rest of the team and beta testing team to errr test

Im not expecting any problems with it as im the one who built the installer (and you know how pedantic i im!) and ive installed in on my own system about 20 times just because i wouldnt want anyone to total ther FSX installation as i know it can take a while to get it just right

Should be live either later tonight or first thing tommorrow....my own repaint expansion pack should follow in about a week or so & i'll be dam glad when i see the back of it and can start on something new

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 04:16 PM   #2315
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Grats on the New system Lance sounds real sweet have you had chance to try burning off some of that extra framerate on the landscape LOD?
I've been testing around coffs harbour so not much headroom there, but I bet something like the area around launceston would be good to try that.

Bird Dog anyone?

http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=535

Might be out in a couple months. Images by NickC.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-05-09, 10:00 PM   #2316
Llamalama

Launceston is pretty harsh on FPS with my system but it looks so good all is forgiven.