Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-10-09, 07:58 AM   #2329
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Installation was pretty straightforward. I just used pre-modified .cfg file and was done in a sec
Sweet seems that idea of mine payed off i guess i better add another modded one that inc all the default the core package and the first expansion pack scheme to the next one

Thanks for the feedback

btw if you want to be a tester for the next pack give me a shout
i didnt offer before because the other guys had pretty much filled the testing slots and i also didnt want to put your guys finallly tuned systems at risk...not that id ask you to install anything i hadnt tested to death first you all know that

Cheers
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 08:14 AM   #2330
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Beautiful shot!

Personally I'd like to see HD repaints for the Grumman Goose or the DC-3
Yep the goose is a fav of mine also and would look fantastic with HD rivets and normals,I was hopping to go for the Beaver but im torn over than because i love the BeaverX aswell but i dont think any one else on the team has it and i dout aerosoft would be handing them out for free even if we where improving the product

DC3 would be cool did you checkout the Douglas DC-3 Awesome 4Some pack at

http://simviation.com/fsxvintage10.htm

scroll down the page a bit,some guys took the SDK mdl of the DC3 fixed the mapping & modded it up pretty cool well worth a download

Laters
steve
Old 02-10-09, 09:57 PM   #2331
sillyeagle
sillyego

I love the rivet highlights in the texturing on that shot above!

And here's Phils latest blog entry on ACES and MS, just posted today.

http://www.futuregpu.org/2009/02/end...e-updates.html
EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-12-09, 03:05 AM   #2332
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Loving the Bell repaints Steve! - truly great work from you guys.

Another stunning piece of work here from Orbx with their portal video - clever stuff and really shows the transformation of FTX over default
http://www.vimeo.com/3179947

Pics...

Last edited by SJA06; 02-12-09 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Forgot my screenshots
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 05:43 AM   #2333
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Thanks for the feedback and the pic's you guys really know howto pop the details in the normal map with the lighting nice to see mark back to give them a test out

btw gonna need some beta testers for my addon pack come the end of the week so PM me if you want to test them out

Just checked out that orbx video and Wow thats a cool piece of work i really dout that Aces could have lived upto Orbx's standard with FSXI

btw you guys seen this

http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/

up from the ashes they rise

no more details than that atm but i really hope there core Aces guys decide to do my core replacement engine idea

I have to admitt ive been sleeping with the enemy the past few days (X-plane) and while there are a few things i like about it there are many many more that i dont i'll keep dipping into it from time to time but i cant see it replacing FSX for me anytime soon but if i grab any stellar pics i'll throw them up if you guys dont mind?

Cheers
steve
Old 02-12-09, 05:44 AM   #2334
sillyeagle
sillyego

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-12-09, 05:50 AM   #2335
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Man im totally envyous of the amount of autogen that silly can run hehe

The 4870 really doesnt like autogen at all infact it cant seem to handdle the lvls my old 8800gts did seems that extra 128mb it had came in handy
Old 02-12-09, 05:51 AM   #2336
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Dam double post hehe

Old 02-12-09, 02:22 PM   #2337
sillyeagle
sillyego

Some new goodies for the land down under.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?a...s&showfile=342

the supplement includes-
-Naval traffic that are all landable by both helo and plane with Australian and Visiting and some Historical
-Cruise ships that are Landable by helo
-Merchant traffic

also included is a custom file that changes the smaller boat AI to include fishing vessels

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-13-09, 07:47 PM   #2338
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hey steve I've been pimpin you're FSWC profile a bit in conjunction with the REX Sparkling animation and have received some comments that it's the best flight sim water ever seen, which is also my feelings and the reason I was showing it off. After I loaded REX on my new rig the water looked horrible, and I could not understand why. I finally posted a support request at the REX forum and I was told there's nothing wrong with what I was seeing.

The thing is, when I installed REX on my old system I forgot that I had previously loaded your FSWC profile, and just assumed what I was seeing was just REX and I no longer needed FSWC, but I was wrong. After loading up your profile again on my new system, my beloved water was back! It was then I realized that the reason I like the REX Sparkling animation so much is becuase of YOUR FSWC profile.

Here's what it looks like woith and without your profile. I think it should be a mandatory inclusion in the next FSWC release!

EVGA Intel X58

Last edited by sillyeagle; 12-02-11 at 12:17 AM.
sillyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-09, 02:53 PM   #2339
The Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Hey steve I've been pimpin you're FSWC profile a bit in conjunction with the REX Sparkling animation and have received some comments that it's the best flight sim water ever seen, which is also my feelings and the reason I was showing it off. After I loaded REX on my new rig the water looked horrible, and I could not understand why. I finally posted a support request at the REX forum and I was told there's nothing wrong with what I was seeing.

The thing is, when I installed REX on my old system I forgot that I had previously loaded your FSWC profile, and just assumed what I was seeing was just REX and I no longer needed FSWC, but I was wrong. After loading up your profile again on my new system, my beloved water was back! It was then I realized that the reason I like the REX Sparkling animation so much is becuase of YOUR FSWC profile.
I've just installed REX along with FSWC+Steve's profile and all FTX AU packages. Looks simply amazing.
So many options in REX. Can some of you please share you favorite REX theme settings? Mainly cloud settings?
Old 02-15-09, 04:07 PM   #2340
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Thanks for the Pimp Silly (or solar sorry about that on the SOH boards hehe) glad to hear that you managed to get your settings back up to the standard your used to and im glad you enjoyed the FSWC tweak,i set it up like that for my own DX9 normals and it was designed (as you can see) to pull out all the spec but just a tight band for the 2nd wave pass,im glad it works aswell for the REX water normals aswell & no i havent asked about adding it to FSWC+ yet

Im hopping the FSWC+ Beta will come soon as id like to have a look at making some new Dx10 normals the abillity for us to reduce the scaling of the normal maps will allow more much smaller Vram usage and much tighter waves cant wait to have a play with it

Cheers
steve