Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-09, 08:59 PM   #2389
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Thanks Steve, and I'm grateful for the opportunity. Should be a good learning experience.

By the way guys, voting for Avsims readers choice award is open, and there's a chance to get Steve's Cessna HD paint voted in as best "Freeware other"!

http://www.avsim.com/poll/fillsurvey.php?sid=32
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-02-09, 12:31 AM   #2390
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's a shot showing the amazing detail on the Classics Hangar FW190. 2048 textures and normals, and the spec is perfect for showing off the amazing work on the normals.

The flight model on this is also one of the best, and extremely fun to fly as its about the most nibble and agile plane I've ever flown, and it really feels like you are riding on air, like you are really flying. Just super fun and very pleasing to fly.

Inside the VC is where you find the most accurate set of gauges ever seen in flight sim. They were constructed from manufacturers drawings, and it shows. One nice feature is there is no delay in loading the VC textures.

Finally the sounds, and the sounds are in fact awesome. It sounds very mean and powerful at all throttle settings. It doesn't use the FSX "sound cone" tech, but that hardly matters as it sounds bad ass the way it is.

All in all this is a bad ass package, textures are awesome, normals are perhaps the best I;ve seen, flight model is a blast and up there with RealAir and A2A, an the sounds are excellent, so if you want a well polished package that meets or exceeds the standards set by the RealAir Spitfire, this might be what you're looking for.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-02-09, 04:42 AM   #2391
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Thanks Steve, and I'm grateful for the opportunity. Should be a good learning experience.

By the way guys, voting for Avsims readers choice award is open, and there's a chance to get Steve's Cessna HD paint voted in as best "Freeware other"!

http://www.avsim.com/poll/fillsurvey.php?sid=32
Hehe Thanks Lance for the heads up and i voted but i wont tell you what for

That FW looking F'ing amazing love those gauges very nice
atm though im staying away from the warbirds in FSX as well as most payware i just have tomany GA that i dont fly and cant afford to buy stuff im not really going to use

Im really glad to see that some dev's are starting to get it when it comes to HD and better normals/specs and that there not just blasting there diffuse texture through a plugin and calling it a day any more

One of the things i was hopping to do with the Ozx HD projects is get payware dev's to get off there asses and start using what FSX has to offer,far to many of them are still in the fs9 paint frame of mine and take no advantage of the extra passes that FSX's shader engine gives infact its bizare to see modelers still crashing the SDK with modeled rivets and pannel lines when theres just no need to poly those things to add insult they then go throw a 1024 single colour texture over those details! crazy fools

Thanks to anyone who votes for my HD VH-AIF repaint at avsim

laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 09:24 AM   #2392
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Hey lads - thanks for the kind words over at orbx. I didn't want to bump that post now so though I would say cheers here as well.

I am not quitting FSX because I don't like it anymore, quite the opposite, I am almost having to physically drag myself away from the bloody PC. I simply want and need to do other things and spending time at the PC is preventing that to some extent - not enough hours in the day esp. when you have a three and a half year old. I have had a flute made for me [native American type] which I am learning to play and I want to get back into writing [poetry] to go with an exhibition on Dartmoor I am doing this autumn. So there you have it...I will still do the odd flight, but I won't then spend another hour or two going through screenshots to post on forums and all that goes with it.

Major congrats on the beta job with Orbx Silly, you deserve it! - its a nice privilege to get to see stuff before everyone else and I hope you enjoy it...I certainly liked doing the testing I did, as long as you don't let it become a chore...I hated all the FEX v REX stuff when I was with Aerosimulations, but lets face it, Orbx has NO competition, so arguments are pointless.

I will check in from time to time to see how things are going and hopefully see some stunning screenshots that make me yearn to have a fly.

Steve, thanks for the great re-paints...keep up the good work.

Cheers for now...Mark.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 10:38 AM   #2393
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Mark

Nice to see you posting,I know what you mean about dragging yourself away from the PC it almost feels like im glued to mine these days!

atm i can mainly put that down to the crappy british weather so once the sun comes out to play i'll be back down my workshop building some new basses and planting up my veg garden so the HD goose project once done might be my last repaint for a fair few months at least untill the days start to get cold and dark again

I think once you limit yourself to a flight once i a while you'll start to enjoy it more,i had a flight over the weekend in CA and i think its the first time ive flown FSX in about 6 months where i havent stopped to tweak or alter my setting inflight! ive also managed to break the buying cycle and start to use what i already have or look at more freeware
i like many others just dont have the money atm

talking of FEX I saw a few post from peter & chris over at the F1 support board! its amazing how fast devs pop up once the natives get a bit restless (not me this time though i must admit i did start a post but deleted it as i think i said all i need to a FSW hoho)

Anyhows enjoy you new hobbies im sure once Orbx changes the face of FSX USA you'll be back and now we have no FSXI to lookfoward to you wont have to worry about buying everthing again once you decide to come back

All the best
Cheers
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 02:59 PM   #2394
Riddell

Hey All

Just thought that I would introduce myself as new to the forums but not so new to the Flight Sim experience. Have been an avid simmer since the FS98 days and just recently purchased FSX as to accompany my new all singing all dancing PC.

Was having a look at some of the pics that have been posted and some are just incredible - any tips/pointers as to what add-ons in terms of scenery and aircraft i should invest in would be much appreciated.

Main ones I was considering were REX, X Graphics and a couple of aircraft included the IRIS Pro Tomcat and CLS 747-200.

Cheers
Neil
Riddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 05:22 PM   #2395
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hi Neil and welcome.

X-Graphics and REX both replace the same textures and have the same features, though REX is far superior. So no need to get X-graphics. Any of my screenshots since the release of REX have REX in use for the clouds, water, sky colors, and airport textures.

As far as scenery goes I just stick with FTX scenery, which is a low and slow flyers dream. Right now they cover only Australia, but are working on the US. FTX is photoreal landclass scenery with hand placed landclass, new photoreal textures, new autogen, roads, rivers, coastlines and lakes. Since thier coverage is one reagion at a time it may not be what a tube liner pilot would want for crossing the US, but for a guy like me that wants to be immersed within the best scenery available FTX is perfect. Just download their free Tasmania demo to check it out. It's all of Tasmania in spring season only, but Tasmania is huge. Take off from Lauceston, as that is the included HD airport.

http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

So those are about the only two scenery products I use and recommend these days, REX for sky, water, clouds, and airport, and FTX for terrain and the rest.

You can also look into the UTX and GEX line. UTX does roads, coastlines, rivers, and urband landsclass, and GEX replaces default textures. UTX combined with GEX is the way to get the best scenery outside of the FTX coverage area, but nothing at all like FTX.

As to aircraft, the A2A P-40 is one you certainly can't go wrong with, though I have not used the other two you mention. Here is my list of recommended add on aircraft. I have pretty high standards when it comes to visual models, flight models, and sounds, so everything listed here has my approval. The FW190 from Classics Hanger can also be added to this list. You will notice I don't fly airliners though.

RealAir SF260

A2A P-40

Acceleration P-51

Captain Sim C-130

RealAir Decathlon

Aerosoft Hughes Racer

Acceleration F-18

RealAir Spitfire

Aerosoft F-16
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-03-09, 04:05 AM   #2396
sillyeagle
sillyego

EVGA Intel X58

Old 03-03-09, 08:11 AM   #2397
NuBee
NuBee

Das Ding ist so was von geil! I only can say "WOW!"
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 12:30 PM   #2398
Riddell

Thanks for your help Sillyeagle - looks like REX it is.

As you like a bit of Military aircraft the IRIS Pro F-14 Tomcat http://irissimulations.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=114 would be worth checking out. Very technical plane - just what I like

Will hopefully post a couple of pics after i get REX etc.

Speak soon!!!!
Riddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 09:06 PM   #2399
wildcard011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Screenshots

Absolutely gorgeous!
May I ask which plane and which scenery ?

Thanks
wildcard011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 09:11 PM   #2400
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

So anybody got a rig that handles FSX without many issues?
If so, please PM specs
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote