Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-02-09, 04:52 AM   #2485
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Its cool with me believe me your non-HD shots look a lot better than some Full HD shots ive seen posted of the Bell redux package hehe glad your enjoying it

The Goose HD redux is taking a little longer than i had hoped but im sure it will be worth the wait...The VC is getting a full make over this time not like the Bell VC which was mostly thrown/hacked together in a week or so & was really just a time filler while we waitted for some schemes to be finished up

heres a sneaky VC shot (still WIP) just for you guys

Laters
steve
Wow, that looks fantastic! I'm glad you choose the Goose. One of the best default aircraft which really deserves some attention... and i think she is bug-free

Lance, the clouds are the main reason why i'm not tempted by REX. The water in Nubee's shots looks fantastic and i guess he is using REX, but with FSWC+ in the foreseeable future, i don't think i have to spend money to get fantastic water in DX10

Btw, has someone already experimented with the WaterConstants.Xml ?

I'm also looking forward to Dino's Tomcat and i hope Robert will make a photoreal repaint for it.
JT8D-9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 07:33 AM   #2486
sillyeagle
sillyego

That VC is looking nice!

Here's a few from Aeropelican which was released today. I'm managing a stutter free 23-26fps using extremely dense autogen with occasional drops to 20fps.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-02-09, 09:03 AM   #2487
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Looks very nice and tempting! Could you please post a few more shots of the airport itself? Thanks in advance!

Three great freeware add-ons:
Ark Royal and Westland Wyvern:
http://www.flyingstations.com/ark-royal.html
http://www.flyingstations.com/wyvern.html

Dave Garwood's Hawker Hunter:
http://classicbritishfiles.com/index...d=34&Itemid=41

Old 04-02-09, 12:46 PM   #2488
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Thanks for the kind words the Goose HD redux will be pretty cool not just because of a HD repaint and normal map replacement but because were also getting the flight model is being totally replaced as well so she will fly as goos as she looks

been digging out some older aircraft addons i havent used for a while to stop me buying more hehe

FCS hawker hurricane

BTW they have this aircraft as the sealed DVD box version at my local PC World reduced to 5/$7.50 (i think they have about 3 copies)so if anyone wants me to pick them up a copy and mail it on just shout...simmarket still want 24euro for it!

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 12:32 AM   #2489
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
I love this shot! Awesome colors and the whole works. Is that REX? If so how did you get those clouds? I've tried for a long time to get some clouds like that but have not been able to do so. lol
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-03-09, 05:28 AM   #2490
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Nice shots, Steve!
And thanks for your offer but i stopped all my FSX expenses and also my poor development efforts, because i'm not sure about the future...
Looks great and i hope others will buy it.

I'm trying to learn more about game engines lol.. interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhyreEngine
Old 04-03-09, 06:22 AM   #2491
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
I love this shot! Awesome colors and the whole works. Is that REX? If so how did you get those clouds? I've tried for a long time to get some clouds like that but have not been able to do so. lol
Hey Lance

Nope those are butched FEX clouds i took the core FEX textures and modded/edge sharppen them to make them a little more WHITE,sky tone is also custom but based on a REX them i've seen in a number of shots took the gradinets and rebuilt it (after all its just a 32x32 .bmp)

At this time i think the only unmodded part of the whole FEX package im use is the coral textures

Good luck with the game engine reseach nils,i myself love tweaking and modding almost as much as i do simming and gaming! the unreal engine is a good place to start as well as the source engine

anyone checked out the Vehicle Simulator engine yet? as a sim engine it looks like its got promise it just needs some(make that alot)of good art/content

Laters
steve

P.s Lance your PM inbox is full nodout ppl want all your tweaking info because they cant seem to read what you've already posted hehe
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 04:21 AM   #2492
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Vehicle Simulator looks really promising. There are a few issues but it is impressive if it's really done by only one guy.
I hope he will get a lot supporters and i guess 3rd party developers would be able to influence the development of Vehicle Simulator.

BTW, Do you think it would be possible to completely replace all shaders of FSX with SM3.0?
FSX doesn't run really well on cards which are only supporting SM2.0 and i guess there is a potential for optimizations.

EDIT: Whats the purpose of the "Water203D..." shader files?

Great shots slaWter! I like the water.

Old 04-04-09, 01:07 PM   #2493
sillyeagle
sillyego

Ooh you've got some new toyz!!!!!! How is the MD500 on frames? The last two nemeth birds were a bit heavy, but I hear this one is not so bad. What do you think? Comparable to the FW190?

I'm waiting for MCDesigns from SOH to upload his camo paint for it, then I'm going to buy it.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-04-09, 04:15 PM   #2494
JT8D-9A
unregistered

It's cool.. i just made a BIOS update and installed the latest Intel drivers and FSX is running beautifully

Fantastic shots slaWter (again )! If i gain trust in certain forces, i might get weak and buy something

Check out this great gift: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...threadid=14338

Old 04-06-09, 12:38 AM   #2495
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's the Nemeth MD500, which is truly awesome. My new favorite chopper.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-06-09, 06:07 AM   #2496
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Talking Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread