Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-09, 05:25 PM   #2665
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Here's some shots of Gizmo's Goose Redux package. More to come.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-24-09, 06:03 PM   #2666
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Whooa nice shots guys,Dx9 bloom looks great in Nubees shots to bad it just rapes FPS so bad that you can fly with it on (or is that just on ATI cards now?)

love those action shots of the goose HD test silly many thanks for posting them

i really hope it wont be to long till everyone else can check out this package and see why its taken so long to get done(although the month i was out of action with kindy stones didnt help as it kind bround the rest of the team to a hault),just a few more little details to drop inplace and test,infact im hoping it will be done and out for the end of the month and i'll be a bit pissed if its not

once this is out im gonna be taking a few months break from simming/deving but that said im already mulling over the next package i'll be HD'ing and im pretty sure its going to be the default Beaver atm,also i think theres another set of repainters over at Ozx forums who are going to put together another HD team and do one of the other defaults
cant say what its going tobe as its not my place but it will be interesting to see what they come up with as sofar apart from Pam (the FM remaker) the whole paint team will be a change of guard...should be fun to watch them work

Cheers
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 04:22 AM   #2667
sillyeagle
sillyego

OZx Goose Redux + Tongass X

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-26-09, 10:58 AM   #2668
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Wow great shots there Lance you've really brought out the best in both the goose HD & TFX they look fantastic together btw just to let you know the rest of the team really love these shots aswell (theres a thread about them in the private aera of Ozx) although some where suprised to see them pop up from someone other than myself till i put them stright about the reason why hehe

Again i just like to extend many thanks from myself and the rest of the team for the feedback screenshots and threads you've made for us while testing this,as well as posting to stickup for this project when dumb ppl just seem to want to put the boot into it

Cheers
steve
Old 06-26-09, 12:32 PM   #2669
NuBee
NuBee

"...I want in now, I want it bad..."
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 07:16 AM   #2670
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

A few more shots of Steves great work - fantastic job, well done mate!

Spruce Goose...

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-09, 11:48 AM   #2671
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey all

Nice shots there mark glad to hear you've been having fun testing the goose out btw sorry i could'nt inc more of you in the testing the Good news is that final testing on the installer is complete and theres just a little paper work to be added/edited and then the file needs to go over to the download site....ect ect anyhows shouldnt be to long now

Anyhows i thought i let you all know this is going tobe my last post for a while,my gaming rig has been split out and sold off (only kept my Hdd's) and my only web access is going tobe via my netbook(gotta keep some access for shopping and what not)

ive decided to take a hiatus from the whole gaming/simming/freeware deving world for a while as ive not been really into it for the last few month and i fancy a change of focus sofar its a little shocking as this is the first time in about 18 years ive been without any type of gaming rig! talk about a break in the cycle,I'll be popping my head in from time to time though to see how FSX and its addons are progressing & im sure come dec time when the winter is here i'll be iching to get a i7 rig built and be back in the virtual skies

Till then thanks for all the support and kind words you've ever posted about me or my work be it here there or anywhere All the best & enjoy the goose HD as a parting gift

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-30-09, 01:05 PM   #2672
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Have a nice break Steve - I think you've earned it!

But please come back though, as you will be missed...its actually quite hard to leave, I've been trying for ages

TTFN
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-09, 08:57 PM   #2673
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

im getting random stutters, weird tree glitches, and random slowdowns in fsx. help?
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 07:14 AM   #2674
musman
I Derail Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathemetal View Post
im getting random stutters, weird tree glitches, and random slowdowns in fsx. help?
Try locking the frame rate to 24 or so. you can do this from the settings menu in the game. Also lower you're settings if it still studders.
Antec Nine Hundred case. Core I-7 920 @ 3.56GHz, Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX-285 1GB, EVGA GT-240 Superclocked 512Mb used as a Physx card, DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6, OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 7-7-7-18, Intel X25-V SSD, used as a boot drive, 2X Seagate 500Gig 32MB Cache 7200RPM in RAID 0, Logitec G-15 keyboard, Logitech MX-518 Mouse, CH Combatstick 568, Xboc Controller, LG L227WTG-PF 22" LCD Monitor 1680x1050. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Speakers: KRK Rokit8 studio monitors.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/media/customer.jpg
musman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 06:04 AM   #2675
NuBee
NuBee

After a long time, I missed fast jets. Here, somewhere over Palm Springs (MegaSceneryX-SoCal), sharpened and resized from 1920x1200.

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:08 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 10:53 PM   #2676
xCLAVEx
Y h@l0 th@R!

Send a message via ICQ to xCLAVEx Send a message via AIM to xCLAVEx Send a message via Yahoo to xCLAVEx

Can any of you guys help me out a little here?

Isn't this supposed to be a realistic sim? I have noticed that the planes are slower than they should be...much slower. For example; the cruising speed of a 747 is something like 585 mph, yet I can only get a KIAS airspeed of just over 330mph in the sky. WTF? Shouldn't I be going MUCH faster than this? I noticed the same problem even with the F-18, it should be able to hit a top speed of 1,190mph, yet I can barely get it over 700mph. Am I doing something wrong? I tried looking this up online but there was away too much over-information to figure it out accurately.

Either I am forgetting a key step, or it is some sort of bug. Any help would be appreciated.