Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-03-10, 04:36 PM   #2833
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Here's a shot from Tongass Fjords X. I did purchased FTX PNW and hopefully will get some time with that tonight.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-04-10, 03:20 AM   #2834
NuBee
NuBee

Well, I still have the trees-instead-water-problem on this one.

Hey, has anyone tryed the ENB Series for FSX and got a reasonable setting with it? I changed a few values in the enbseries.ini but I'm still not pleased, but that only because I was afraid to do much, I don't know the meaning of many of the settings/values. I'm sure that most of you know.

Here, a different point of view

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:14 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:34 AM   #2835
musman
I Derail Threads

i did something stupid when I setup two HDD for a RAID array. I forgot to uninstall FSX before I formatted the drive. I have my OS on one drive and I put FSX on a second drive. I setup the RAID array and went to install FSX, it thought it was still installed. I went into the regestry and deleated all the FSX files in there and cleaned it up as much as I could. I reinstalled FSX and I keep getting these error messages.

Any ideas?

Antec Nine Hundred case. Core I-7 920 @ 3.56GHz, Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX-285 1GB, EVGA GT-240 Superclocked 512Mb used as a Physx card, DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6, OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 7-7-7-18, Intel X25-V SSD, used as a boot drive, 2X Seagate 500Gig 32MB Cache 7200RPM in RAID 0, Logitec G-15 keyboard, Logitech MX-518 Mouse, CH Combatstick 568, Xboc Controller, LG L227WTG-PF 22" LCD Monitor 1680x1050. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Speakers: KRK Rokit8 studio monitors.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/media/customer.jpg
musman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:57 AM   #2836
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

musman - did you have the Acceleration pack before, but have yet to add it? - I'm sure all those errors are the updates that the pack added, and would be missing from a basic FSX install... if the cfg was not removed from the old install that could be it. Otherwise I have no idea.

Nubee once again... STAGGERING shots, and interesting format.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 09:27 AM   #2837
musman
I Derail Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
musman - did you have the Acceleration pack before, but have yet to add it? - I'm sure all those errors are the updates that the pack added, and would be missing from a basic FSX install... if the cfg was not removed from the old install that could be it. Otherwise I have no idea.

Nubee once again... STAGGERING shots, and interesting format.
I did have the expansion pack installed. I tried to reinstall it and it failed, I got some error message (can't remember what is was) and it rolled back the install.

Very nice shots guys! Wish I knew how to get FSX looking that good.
Antec Nine Hundred case. Core I-7 920 @ 3.56GHz, Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX-285 1GB, EVGA GT-240 Superclocked 512Mb used as a Physx card, DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6, OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 7-7-7-18, Intel X25-V SSD, used as a boot drive, 2X Seagate 500Gig 32MB Cache 7200RPM in RAID 0, Logitec G-15 keyboard, Logitech MX-518 Mouse, CH Combatstick 568, Xboc Controller, LG L227WTG-PF 22" LCD Monitor 1680x1050. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Speakers: KRK Rokit8 studio monitors.

Old 03-04-10, 03:47 PM   #2838
sillyeagle
sillyego

Those errors are all in reference to the Acceleration pack scenery areas in your scenery library, so to get rid of the errors just delete those areas from the scenery library from within FSX, or better yet try to get Acceleration installed again.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-05-10, 07:56 AM   #2839
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hi Siskods9

First an over all setup guide for FSX and its various tweaks can be found here

http://www.simforums.com/forums/foru....asp?TID=29041

i bit of a long read but worth it if your having problems

On to your specific problem with ATI though

Ive read that adding a device ID to FSX display.cfg file can help with the problem,i cant recall the board/thread i saw it in but heres a how too on getting your decive ID into FSX (check towards the bottom of the page)

http://www.highflightsimulations.com...iewDoc&docId=8

Have a look over those links and let us know how you get on,there are a lot of other little tweaks that you can throw at FSX some work for some others not even on the same hardware/OS,its very bizzare! try the above if thats not working we might beable to suggest some other stuff to help

Well ive had PNW in for a few days havent really had time to explore it fully atm but its quite stunning in places,i have run into a few issues though and checking over at orbx im not the only one,autogen in urban areas is OTT imo and makes most of them no fly zones for me atm,ive got some odd texture placement issues as well although im not sure if thats down to the problems ive had with reinstalling FSX so im not going to post about those till i get chance to reinstall FSX & PNW on a clean OS gotta try to get that sorted this weekend....maybe its time to bite the i7/i5 bullet

Finally got around to installing my Cat! she got packed away while i was redecorating
last summer

She's a beast it like flying a house! id love to see a HD normal/texture map on her but the drawcall strain i fear would be a little to much for FSX as she has somany texture sheets

OH and heres a sneaky peak of the next HD redux im working on dont tell anyone i posted this hehe

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:53 AM   #2840
skulleader

Question Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

hello,

I have a little question for NuBee, please can you give us a link to download (if it's possible) the skin which you use for the serie of screens of the EMBRAER A-29B SUPER TUCANO ?

PS: Very beautiful screens, I really love ^^

Best regards, Skulleader.
skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-10, 12:44 PM   #2841
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I'll look forward to that Beaver makeover Steve - I have the Aerosoft version, which is very nice externally, but find the VC quite poor... your Redux could make that version redundant.

I certainly find the buildings in NA Blue far more demanding than the trees, I can max-out the agn in rural areas and maintain high frame rates with ridiculous amounts of trees, but start mixing lots of buildings and it will fall dramatically. Have you added the 'max buildings per cell' line to the cfg? - I have set it to 500, which allows me to keep the tree coverage without the hit from the buildings. I think orbx have simply added more agn relative to the slider position, hence they recommend running at 'Normal'.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 08:26 AM   #2842
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Mark

I think im gonna wait till i get chance to reinstall win7 before i start to mess with my fsx.cfg again(i think ive spent more time with fsx.cfg than with fsx these past 3 years!)

Im finding PNW to be a little inconsistent both in looks and performance for me atm,again i cant say if thats down to my fsx install or the product

Yep we decided to go for the beaver this time around,although things have kind ground to a hault with it atm due to a team member moving house,another beening busy with payware and one having a death in the familiy,still im working on getting the all the core stuff done for when they come back,but if in the end they cant commit due to RL stuff i totally understand that and i'll pull it as a team thing and just continue to work on it as a solo project & release it bit by bit

BTW Anyone been keeping an eye on flight sim deal of the day?

http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com/home.php

thinking about the Quest Kodiak at $12.48 seems like a great price although i read its heavey on FPS due to the glass ****pit,oh well for the price of a subway i guess its worth finding out ive payed a lot more for aircraft that ive only flown a handful of times to to frame rate issues

Laters
steve
Old 03-06-10, 11:12 AM   #2843
musman
I Derail Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Those errors are all in reference to the Acceleration pack scenery areas in your scenery library, so to get rid of the errors just delete those areas from the scenery library from within FSX, or better yet try to get Acceleration installed again.
After getting the error messages I posted, I re-installed FSX again but, I have tried to re-install the expansion pack twice now and it fails. When I re-installed FSX I did not half too enter my product key, so somewhere in Windows I have FSX files that are causing me all my issues. I deleted what I thought was all the registry files but I'm missing something. This is going to cause me re-install Windows if I can't get it fixed. It's all my fault for not un-installing FSX when I setup my RAID.

Any ideas?

Old 03-06-10, 11:45 AM   #2844
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by musman View Post
After getting the error messages I posted, I re-installed FSX again but, I have tried to re-install the expansion pack twice now and it fails. When I re-installed FSX I did not half too enter my product key, so somewhere in Windows I have FSX files that are causing me all my issues. I deleted what I thought was all the registry files but I'm missing something. This is going to cause me re-install Windows if I can't get it fixed. It's all my fault for not un-installing FSX when I setup my RAID.

Any ideas?
Im pretty much in the same boat

I uninstalled (what i thought was) FSX but it seems it was just sp2 that went,i assumed that FSX had also gone to due to the fact that it was no longer listed in add/remove,so i just nuked the remaining folders and stuck in my install disks,FSX then tryed to force a repair on me and began dropping out with installer errors,i spent about 2 hours trying all the tweaks and resets reg edits ect id seen all over the web but no luck.....i did manage toget a copy of FSX working on my system by installing it on my laptop to a caddy then transfering the files from the caddy to my main FSX HDD....theres something really ****ed up with M$'s installer for FSX there are thosands of posts around the web about ppl having all kinds of problems with it,I've decided its just going to be easyer for me to nuke Win7 and start fresh