Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-07-10, 04:47 AM   #2845
NuBee
NuBee

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulleader View Post
hello,

I have a little question for NuBee, please can you give us a link to download (if it's possible) the skin which you use for the serie of screens of the EMBRAER A-29B SUPER TUCANO ?

PS: Very beautiful screens, I really love ^^

Best regards, Skulleader.
Sorry for my late answer, I had some problems with my login. Well, I also got it from someone else, so here it is:

freeware model: http://www.4shared.com/file/22908105.../a-29b_st.html

freeware texture: http://www.4shared.com/file/22908512..._BrazilAF.html

@Steve Well, that's really a sneaky peek but I's sure everyone knows what that is, but especially that it will be beautiful, as allways your work is.
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 06:03 AM   #2846
skulleader

Hello NuBee,

Don't worry there's no problem for me, I hope that your login's problem is ok now.
I would like to thank's you for yor links and your kindness.

I've just little question about your second link, I try to use it but this second link but he's out (is it normal ?)

A great thank's for your help and best regards...

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English ^^

Skulleader.
skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 04:35 AM   #2847
NuBee
NuBee

Sorry, don't know what went wrong. Try again this one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/22908512..._BrazilAF.html
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 04:46 AM   #2848
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's some PNW shots. I never saw the new trees when I was doing beta but they're by far the best I've seen and really make the difference. Overall the scenery impresses me like no other sim product. The amount of beauty I continue to see with this scenery is just incredible.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-08-10, 04:50 AM   #2849
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

For the love of trees... max autogen and perfectly flyable [25fps ish] I don't think orbx did anything special with the agn trees, but I cannot run like this anywhere but NA Blue.

edit: nice shots Lance, esp. no 2 - your right the trees are the best, even better than TreeX, which I personally always liked.

Last edited by SJA06; 03-08-10 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Typo's
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 05:26 AM   #2850
skulleader

Dear Nubee,

Do not worry, there is no problem.
A great thank's for your assistance and your kindness.

Best regards, Olivier.
skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 11:01 PM   #2851
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
For the love of trees... max autogen and perfectly flyable [25fps ish] I don't think orbx did anything special with the agn trees, but I cannot run like this anywhere but NA Blue.
I always thought it would be best to have each autogen texture be a texture with several trees grouped, that way you get like 3 or 4 trees for each autogen object that's called up. Then the autogen could be place more sparsly but still look just as full.

I've been using DX10 since I installed Win7 retail, which allows me to run 25fps+ at all times with not a single stutter. Switching to DX10 has been like the latest magic fix for me. Seems to solve all performance issues.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-09-10, 05:06 AM   #2852
Tym

Question Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
I've been using DX10 since I installed Win7 retail, which allows me to run 25fps+ at all times with not a single stutter. Switching to DX10 has been like the latest magic fix for me. Seems to solve all performance issues.
What about flashing runway textures and other display issues? Have you found any way to fix that? I gave up DX10 some time ago because of those problems, although I do remember performance being better...
i5-2500K with Thermalright SI-128, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3, 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum, Samsung 275T Plus 27" + Samsung 943T 19", Auzentech X-Fi Prelude + Rotel RA-820AX + Kef Q1, Razer DeathAdder mouse, Antec P190 case, 60GB OCZ Vertex for OS/FSX + 2 x 640GB WD Black RAID1, Plextor PX-880SA DVD-RW; OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64; FSX gear: Saitek X52 Pro + Rudder Pedals + Yoke System
Tym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-10, 12:58 PM   #2853
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tym View Post
What about flashing runway textures and other display issues? Have you found any way to fix that? I gave up DX10 some time ago because of those problems, although I do remember performance being better...

No way around those problems, as yet... but its a trade off, if you get much better performance in DX10, then it may be worth tolerating the glitches. I'm still on XP so it not an option for me, but in search of ridding the jerks of an 'unlimited' frame rate use the bufferpool=0 tweak, which smoothes the frame rate and raises the fps, but causes some spikes/artifacts... however, for me the trade off is worth it - swings and roundabouts

Lance, the agn grouping sound like a good idea... I guess it would mean creating/altering a current agn primitive. I believe all these replacement and custom agn's still use the default ms patterns, but have just been retextured. Is this right Steve, if you know?
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 02:49 PM   #2854
Tym

Quote:
No way around those problems, as yet... but its a trade off, if you get much better performance in DX10, then it may be worth tolerating the glitches.
Looks like I'll have to stick to DX9, then I prefer to do the complete routine, including startup, taxiing, etc., and the display glitches ruin it for me completely. Besides, I tried switching to DX10 today, and FSX went completely haywire with my multi-monitor setup and the current drivers: all I got was a lot of flashing on all screens. The performance gain alone is probably not worth the hassle.

Quote:
I'm still on XP so it not an option for me, but in search of ridding the jerks of an 'unlimited' frame rate use the bufferpool=0 tweak, which smoothes the frame rate and raises the fps, but causes some spikes/artifacts... however, for me the trade off is worth it - swings and roundabouts
In fact, I've been using the BP=0 tweak for some time now and it's been great. Texture artifacts are extremely rare unless I switch views a lot (which I normally don't do), and this is the only tweak that actually eliminates stutters/sound crackling.

Thanks for all the information I just wish I had more time for FSX...
i5-2500K with Thermalright SI-128, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3, 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum, Samsung 275T Plus 27" + Samsung 943T 19", Auzentech X-Fi Prelude + Rotel RA-820AX + Kef Q1, Razer DeathAdder mouse, Antec P190 case, 60GB OCZ Vertex for OS/FSX + 2 x 640GB WD Black RAID1, Plextor PX-880SA DVD-RW; OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64; FSX gear: Saitek X52 Pro + Rudder Pedals + Yoke System
Tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 04:22 PM   #2855
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Lance, the agn grouping sound like a good idea... I guess it would mean creating/altering a current agn primitive. I believe all these replacement and custom agn's still use the default ms patterns, but have just been retextured. Is this right Steve, if you know?

Bang on the money mark my man yep orbx trees just replace the textures on the default tree model sheets(there just 2 flat double faced polys crossed at the center) which is why they pop up all over the place outside FTX areas without FTX turned off...Trees X i think adds an extra top down sheet thats placed horizontally across the model so as to packout the detail when you look stright down on them

not sure why anyone hasnt jumped in to rearrange the default autogen trees,like lance says im sure the groupings could be rearraged to give more coverage & at the same time i bet you could even reduce the amount of vertex,might be something to keep in mind for a future project,that said if bright minds havent done it yet there must be some horrific amount of work involed!

I've decided to stop messing & just nuke my OS to get FSX reinstalled,i have a few issue's with PNW (main one is i cant seem to stop its ground textures from blurring out within a few mins of flight no matter what combo of settings i use) ive seem a few ppl reporting such problems over at orbx so i know im not the only one,but myself i cant put it down to my FSX install not being fubared so i'll have to see how i fair after a reinstall (that said i have no such problem with any other scenery thats installed its just PNW!) im toying with an I5 750 build but with the UK down in the gutter exchange wise,im looking at about 400 for just m/b ram & cpu not sure i can justify it atm

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 01:57 AM   #2856
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tym View Post
I have not noticed a single display issue so far. Not sure why, because when I tried DX10 with Win7 beta I saw tons of issues, but since doing a clean install with win7 retail DX10 has been flawless for me, though I have only flown over Tongass X and PNW so far. Only down side I've seen is the lack of supersample AA, which I do miss quite a bit.
EVGA Intel X58