Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-27-11, 04:13 AM   #2989
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee View Post
Yeah, it came to my mind that the screens you show there should logicaly show FTX sceneries and not other sceneries, but after I pushed the "send" button. So yes, its was my fault, it was not really nice and also not smart from me
To be honest Nubee I don't know why they're quite so touchy about other products [GEX excluded perhaps, due to NickN's rather sad and unprofessional behaviour], esp. ones that do not relate to what they do, or areas they don't intend to cover. They are head and shoulders above any other landclass based product out there, by a considerable margin, so I don't know what they think is going to happen?. I once posted a link to some of my Horizon scenery shots, just to show is was not as bad in some areas as some Orbx members were making out, and it was like I'd done some heinous crime... did they think everyone one would see them and jump-ship to Horizon, dumping Orbx forever?

Anyway, where is Steve?... he dangled his 'nicer shadows' in front of us, then disappears, bloody typical

Last edited by SJA06; 01-27-11 at 08:51 AM. Reason: TYPO'S
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 06:30 AM   #2990
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

im about,sorry about teasing you with the shadows shots,im kinda between homes atm & have quite limited interwebs access & no way to develop stuff while im at one on my homes

I posted a few new shots of my shadows mod over at orbx myself the last few days ppl seem to dig it,i saw that JV had been on a bit of a cull of posted shots,funny they go after scenery but not aircraft? now they've branched out into aircraft you'ed think they'ed only want shots of the lancair....

Anyhow back to the shadows stuff....this package might stray into donationware/payware territory its taking a lot more time that i thought and because theres noway i can protect the code/mod once its out there in the wild im beating the temptaion for someother payware addon dev will just rip it off making a wack load of cash from my research....what do you guys think???

Laters
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 09:51 AM   #2991
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

What! you want our money now?

I agree actually, you should make it at least 'donationware' .. I think people tend to be quite generous, and it might avoid it being used to line someone else’s pocket, which happens a lot it seems.

I missed the shots on Orbx, but have seen them now and commented - they do look very cool indeed If you need any tests/second opinions I will be happy to be a guinea pig.

I suppose I do understand where JV is coming from to some degree re: screens of other products is free advertising for the competition, but I simply don't think it would give sales to anyone else, or take sales from Orbx... unless it was clearly stated I would not have a clue which scenery was being shown anyway, apart fom Orbx which is very distinctive, and a couple of photoscenery packs which I know well, it would not mean anything. They really have nothing to worry about from the competition, because there isn’t any, what they do is different enough and their user base is hugely loyal. Anyway it’s entirely up to them what they do, even if it does make them seem a little grumpy and sensitive at times.

Here is a pretty picture… A2A Cub & Northern Rockies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Hey guys

im about,sorry about teasing you with the shadows shots,im kinda between homes atm & have quite limited interwebs access & no way to develop stuff while im at one on my homes

I posted a few new shots of my shadows mod over at orbx myself the last few days ppl seem to dig it,i saw that JV had been on a bit of a cull of posted shots,funny they go after scenery but not aircraft? now they've branched out into aircraft you'ed think they'ed only want shots of the lancair....

Anyhow back to the shadows stuff....this package might stray into donationware/payware territory its taking a lot more time that i thought and because theres noway i can protect the code/mod once its out there in the wild im beating the temptaion for someother payware addon dev will just rip it off making a wack load of cash from my research....what do you guys think???

Laters
Steve
Old 01-30-11, 09:50 AM   #2992
NuBee
NuBee

And here some from me from today's flight, somwhere norh from Stewart, Canada

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:16 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 11:08 AM   #2993
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Guys

Very nice shots from both mark & nubee there

Im sure i can gift you guys a copy of my shadows mod once its done maybe in trade for a few pimp out shots only joking infact id never ask the regulars on this thread/board for any donations for things because of the feedback & support you've give me on all my other FSX paints/tweaks & stuff

Asking for money for this stuff will be a tough call and something ive thought a lot about,in the end i got to thinking about it like this if xxX/xxX/XX-XX xxx (blanked out so i does look like im bad mouthing ppl) implimented this kinda mod after using my research as a base & it got them just a 1000 new users that would be a lot of money they'ed have made......now im not saying they'll rip it off but if they did and i just give it away id be kicking myself forever and aday,i figure its gotta be worth a few $/£'s of any flightsimmers money though right? wrong?

now im not expecting to make silly kinds of money out of it but with the ****ty year i had last year money is still pretty tight for me and id like a few new bits for my PC and beable to buy back some of the stuff i sold to get by & looking at some of the outright dog**** that gets sold for FSX these days i dont think im totally out of line in asking for something for my hardwork and after all noone else has bothered to do this stuff right....maybe i should just stick a GUI/installer on it & take it totally payware and just be done with it.....

BTW mark i managed to answer a Question you asked me an age ago back on page 171 while i was reseaching this stuff,not sure why but one night your question just popped into my head and i had to find out why but i'll leave you guessing why for a while longer

Any hows heres a few shots from my brother in-law who's giving some of this stuff a run out from me while its still Alpha (i'll be asking for beta testers once it gets that far along)guess id better not post these at Orbx due to the GEX content

Gonna look at ordering a 570GTX in a week or 2 as my 260 is still crapping out,still no change on moving it to another system/psu so im sorry to say this stuff is pretty much on hold till i get a new GFX card........

Laters
steve
Old 01-30-11, 01:52 PM   #2994
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Holy cow Steve, those shots are amazing! The definition the darker shadows give is incredible; I can't wait to give it a spin for myself. I'm not a huge fan of GEX, but those mountains look really good actually... is this GEX USA?... I do have USA, but it's not on my system atm, due to hard drive space getting a little low… though I may add it again on the strength of these.

Funny [or spooky] you should mention that old question, as I came across my old FEX back-up folder while doing some cleaning just two days ago, which contained all the default FSX sky textures... here I noticed that there are nine different textures for each time of day, not the duplicates REX/FEX adds, so nine different sunsets, sunrises etc... I concluded that FSX randomises it's selection to vary the look of each time of day, either that, or its provides different ones for different geographical areas.... so, am I right or wrong?

I guess you've seen the new 560ti Steve?... looks like a great card for the money and not far behind the 570. I may just have to consider the big upgrade this year, as my PC [AMD X2 2.6ghz - 9800GT 1GB - 2GB RAM - XP 32bit] is now really showing it's age... it'll mean 'new everything' so will require a fair bit of cash, which I don't really have. I started gaming on the XBox360 but with Skyrim coming I think I would rather have a new PC to play it on, and get the benefit from better performance in FSX.

Go for the full Payware.. if you can package it it nicely, then there is no reason why it shouldn’t go on the many FS e-tailers... if it's priced right you could make a nice amount off it I would think. It there any scope for the end user to tailor the effect [depth of shade, colour etc], in a similar way to FSWC?
Old 01-31-11, 09:59 AM   #2995
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Hey mark thx for the feedback

Ive thought about allowing users to control the depth/tone of the shadows via a slider but looking over the feedback FSWC got it seems that 7-10 ppl seem to just like having presets or just want to just run an exe that does everything for them,as im not a massive programmer i want to try and keep things as simple as pos atm,if it takes off and ppl ask for more presets or access to the tone/depth of shadows i can always spend the extra time adding features,i dont want to spend hours and hours on building a gui if no ones going to use it,as for pricing i think £5/$7.50 is about what id be willing to pay for it myself,so less that an hours pay for most in trade for about 40-50 of mine

Ive been onto my b-i-l about the shots and it seems the first 3 above are GEX USA (looks like the FSgen mesh aswell id say) and the last is infact FTX usa (no idea which part) he had ment to just send me just GEX shots so the one below should have been inplace of the random FTX shot......

Glad you brought up the 560ti i had looked over the reviews but for the price i just thought id throw and extra £50 at the 570 and OC that but.....it seems AMD and NV are about to get into a price war around the £200 mark so i might wait it out a month or so till they drop a little more (i can program the GUI on my laptop now i have a solid set of values for my shadows)

I had thought about the going for a 6950 (flashed up to a 6970) but i dout ATI/AMD's support for FSX has improved much/if any since i canned the 4870 so i dout i'll walk that path again,might be worth asking at Rage3d to see if i can get a rise out of them one of there mods sprye hate me asking about FSX on ATI! ......much like yourself the 360 has become my "gaming" platform for me its because im living at a temp address and have'nt bothered to move all my PC gear there (+atm ive been working through my backlog of Jrpg's) & i think the only game/sim thats been fired up on my PC in the last 6-8 months is FSX,the 260 handles it just fine & would stay inplace for another gen or so if it wasnt crapping out

& in answer to your question its just on a 10 day cycle! shame REX/FEX dont respect that cycle but hey who knows if the even know its there! & you wouldnt wait to know how many hours that took me to findout hehe (dam Aces and there half finshed SDK....)

Check you guys in a week or 2 (hope to have a beta for you about them if my brain dont melt on learning to program GUI's!)

almost for got the other GEX shot!

Laters
steve
Old 02-01-11, 05:02 AM   #2996
NuBee
NuBee

Wow! Sorry, I'm speechless.
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Old 02-02-11, 05:27 PM   #2997
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee View Post
Wow! Sorry, I'm speechless.
High praise indeed, I'm speechless hehe

So Nubee asked me about my ENB setting + pallet so here it is

http://hotfile.com/dl/101399303/70bb...o_ENB.zip.html

now this isnt as spectacular as some ppl's settings but it works for me for everyday simming so YMMV but give it a look if you like (dont forget to back up the files in the FSX dir first though)

OK back to GUI coding....

Laters
steve
Old 02-03-11, 12:18 PM   #2998
NuBee
NuBee

Thank you very much Steve, you're the best!
Old 02-03-11, 12:37 PM   #2999
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Thanks for the explanation re: sky textures Steve... I guess if REX/FEX implemented such a system it would complicate the end user choice somewhat; it's far easier having a single, global choice.... though I must be a minority, in wanting as much control over as many aspects as possible; I just love to fiddle & I want sliders on your GUI OK

I'll give your enb+palette a whirl, as your pics look very tasty... I've played around a bit with the palettes, but not come up with anything I'm really satisfied with, as yet… I modded Tim Fuchs cool palette, to make it slightly less blue, and also tried making a warmer one, but that looked too yellow… getting a good balance is very delicate.

Now what would be good is to add a GUI to the enbseries mod, with the ability to save and load profiles... I've got a folder with sub folders full of settings files, and it's a right pain changing them over.

I'm fitting a Geforce 560ti for someone at the weekend, he currently has a 8800GT 1GB, coupled to a i7920 oc'ed to 3.6ghz, so it will be interesting to see how much difference it makes to FSX... I suspect, in his case, not that much, as he insists on running traffic and AI at max, which takes a massive CPU hit, so there is going to be less gain to be had from the new GPU... I could be wrong though.
Old 02-04-11, 02:05 PM   #3000
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

@Nubee np bud hope the settings i use come closer to what your after for everyday flying

@Mark Yep a GUI for ENB would be pretty cool,i did download some russian guys gui for it off of the enb forums but it just crashed when i ran it,as all the values are just in a ini/txt file a GUI wouldnt be that hard to code for it....maybe something i'll look at in the future

Talking of GUI's im making good headway with Shade (as my mod is now offically titled!) all the buttons and there fuctions are inplace (backup/restore/install) & i have an Light/Mid/Dark shadows selection radio button/option (i might change the radio button to a slider just for you though mark ) with a preview pic that changes to show how each looks option looks in-sim its pretty simple but gets the job done, run/backup/pick an option/install....fly & i hope to have something like a beta for you guys to check out by next weekend i like to get everything pretty much tested out on my own systems before i hand stuff out for testing

I look forward to hearing your report on the 560ti mark....ive been hovering over the buy button for one for a few days now btshop has them for £190 delivered but i think im gonna hold off for a week or 2 to see if AMD's price push sways NV....btw i saw this at avsim might just be right up your buds street if he likes his A.I. maxed out

http://www.flightsimtools.com/aiopt/

Laters
steve