Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-06-11, 05:37 AM   #3001
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

I see some very impressive stuff going on in here!

I've been enjoying the new A2A Spitfire, which is far and away my new favorite add on, beating out the RealAir Spitfire. Being able to change fuel octane, canopy style, and swap from variable to constant speed or fixed pitch prop is really cool, and I actually enjoy the simple fixed pitch more, which saves something like 300lb over the constant speed prop. I also took the guns and ammo out to make it super light. With the 2 blade fixed pitch, 87 octane, and open canopy it really has the feel of a late 1930's style of plane, which is a unique experience.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-06-11, 01:22 PM   #3002
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I fitted the 560ti (using the 266.66 drivers) and I'm reasonably impressed, considering FSX is the only thing he runs on his machine [i7 920 @ 3.5ghz - 6GB RAM - Win Vista 64bit], and therefore the only thing I had compare. Although the max frame rate he was getting has not changed much, the minimum has improved by quite a margin... the frame rate is also much more stable, avoiding the wild swings he was getting with the 8800gt, and it's very happy to run with an 'Unlimited' rate. Had it been my machine I would have done some more defined tests, which sadly I didn't get the chance to do here.... he thinks the difference is very noticeable, and is very happy.

At one point over Orbx YMML with 75% Airline traffic the frame rate was around 33fps - reducing it to 0% and the frame rate was 55fps, so I will pass that AI optimizer on to him, as that is a major hit... it does look good having the gates full of aircraft.

Looking forward to 'Shade' [] Steve.. slider an all - just drop me a line when and if you need some testing. Have you approached any resellers yet, or are you waiting until it's complete?... assuming your going that route?..

Nice to see Lance back too - love the Spit shot... I have the RealAir version, and won't get this, even though it's clearly better… cannot justify the expense sadly. A different beast, but A2A’s Cub [with Accusim] is my favourite AC so I’m sure this is of equal, if not better quality.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 07:33 PM   #3003
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Guys

Nice to see the return of Lance to the FSXworld but dear dear me are those default clouds i spy marring that lovely A2A SF shot! shame on you sir

Thanks for the feedback on the 560ti mark,glad i didnt push the buy button for one on friday night now........Because i just snagged an open box inno3d 570 gtx from ebuyer for £210 delivered! at that price i thought it would be rude not to buy it hehe cant wait to try it out and get my LOD radius pumped up to 7.5.....feedback as soon as its in and setup

I have to say that i have a new found respect for programmers! all these and if then func end case exit ect ect are driving me crazy! & yes im afraid im still going to go payware with Shade (beta testers get a freecopy of course)i want to get it finished & tested before shopping it around and i need to take a look at various fs e-shops to see how much pie they want for there services

Im sure some ppl out there in FS land will moan about how stuff like this should be freeware & TBH i tend to agree but hey ive done quite a bit of freeware stuff over the past few years and im sure i will again but i think this might be a good "test the payware waters" app and i hate to say it again but it sure is better that some of the crap out there in FSX payware land!

Laters
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 10:28 PM   #3004
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thanks for the welcome back!

Yes those are in fact default clouds. lol I had to reload FSX since my FSX drive failed on me, and everything was running great with no stutters with Orbx installed, but once I installed REX(2048) it was all stutters and autogen spikes. Wasn't even using supersampling at that time. I decided to pull the cloud textures and go with just water textures for now.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-11-11, 04:44 AM   #3005
sillyeagle
sillyego

A2A Accu-sim Spitfire MkII

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-12-11, 10:10 AM   #3006
NuBee
NuBee

Hey Guys!

Glad to see you here again Lance!

Hey Steve, I used your ENB settings and I get this...

...at midday! With the d3d9.dll (Burnout Paradise?!?) in your package I get this pink tone overall. Did I do something wrong? It's not even close to the beautiful atmosphere in your screens.

Then I just changed the dll with the one I used before (GTA San Andreas) and I got this...

Here are some other screens just for fun. REX2 sky: sunrise - Mt.Sinai. No editing at all in all the screens exept sharpening and resizing from 1920x1200

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:16 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 10:29 AM   #3007
NuBee
NuBee

...and here some more screens, these ones are edited,...errr,...less (like the first one) or more (like the last one)

By the way, for those who want to know, I'm using REX2+Overdrive with these sky settings:

Sky theme: sunrise - Atmospheric Dawn (Overdrive), daytime - Exact, sunset - Oh My (but I like Dry Soutwest most)
Cloud theme: cumulus set 59 HD (Overdrive), cirrus set 13

Enjoy!

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Old 02-12-11, 01:05 PM   #3008
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Amazing pics Nubee.... And I love the surface detail in Lance's shots of the Spit.

I tried Steve's palette and found the same thing as Nubee, in that it made things look rather pink when looking up and yellow when looking down... I've tried making them myself and know how fine the balance is... it may also depend on how you set-up your display settings and monitor as to how it looks; I use some digital vibrance, which affects things.

I think Steve's palette works best at sunset/sunrise.

How is 'Shade' coming on BTW Steve?

Here's one of Orbx FREE Portland cityscape; the detail and quality of the buildings is fantastic.

Old 02-12-11, 02:40 PM   #3009
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Wow fantastic shots! Nice normal mapping and texture work on the A2A sf makes the realair one look a bit tacky,hows she fly? is the system modeling OTT or can you be lazy and set and forget

Strange but i dont see that red/pink tint with the BOP .dll on my end...humm maybe i uploaded the wrong pallet file(i have a few)i'll check once i get back on my main PC tommorrow and see,like mark says it seems diffrent on everyones systems JV's shots looked killer over at orbx but i pipped in his ini on my system and it melted my eyes....dam aces for not adding a simple gamma control to FSX!

MY 570 GTX arrived on thursday (turns out it was a factory OC version to) and although i havent had much time with it yet i can say from the time ive had on it its been fantasic
sofar ive only had a quick blast with FSX,ME2 and Just cause 2 (havent brought a PC game for a while now),can wait to get some real time to play with it gonna pickup DSII in the week when i get chance

as for Shade well its pretty much done (95% is say)

Im going to request permission to use some shots featuring PNW by Orbx for the GUI splash/preview screens(seems right to ask but if they say no i'll jusy go ask the GEX guys) i should have a beta for testing compiled late sunday/early monday which should be complete,tested (thats if nothing RL pops up to get in my way) what i'll need from you guys (if your still up for testing) is mainly feedback on the preset shadow depth levels and any anomalies you spot in FSX,once i have that i can set the final levels and kick up a manual/readme throw it in an installer and then shop it around......

Should have some more info very soon but fire me a PM (with your OS details plz) if you fancy being a tester

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 01:03 PM   #3010
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

SHADE

Medium preset... and looking spectacular, though it looks even better full screen and moving.

This make an unbelievable difference to the atmosphere in FSX.

Great work Steve

Old 02-17-11, 03:26 AM   #3011
NuBee
NuBee

WOW!!! SJA06 these are the best FSX screens I ever seen.

So, here are my last screens before I reformat at weekend.
No editing exept sharpen, frame, resize.

Old 02-17-11, 03:29 AM   #3012
NuBee
NuBee

Some more.