Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-20-11, 04:17 AM   #3025
NuBee
NuBee

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Dam thats sweet ,whats the font & it gonna cost me to use
What do you mean what's gonna cost you?!? The font is REALVIRTUE. I just found it in my Photoshop installation, don't know if it was there or in Word. I just choosed a font I found, was a 5 secons decision. It's only an suggestion, you can use any font you like, open Photoshop, make a new document, choose your font and let photoshop to make shadows, my ideea was to make the writingto look transparent, so that you can see only the shadows, it's all about "shades" istn't it?!?
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 04:34 AM   #3026
NuBee
NuBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
... however a guy on the avsim forum has released a Shader Model 3 modification for FSX that is supposed to greatly enhance the performance for ATI cards.
Did he released a new version? The last one I tried (6 months ago) was not really good. I could see the sun through the clouds as if it they weren't there and even through earth after the sunset. That's not nice!
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
Old 02-20-11, 04:52 AM   #3027
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I think he's done several versions since then, this links to the latest version http://www.venetubo.com/sha3mod.zip

I can't say I've seen the problem you encountered... some REX cloud sets are very transparent showing the sun and higher cloud levels through them.

Be aware that FSWC does not work with it, and you will have to alter the waterconstants.xml to change values. Aparently it would be a simple thing to make FSWC compatible with SM3 but they don't seem enclined to do it, or continue the promised development, which is a shame as it's a great app... perhaps they should have made it Payware, and they would have some incentive to carry it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee View Post
Did he released a new version? The last one I tried (6 months ago) was not really good. I could see the sun through the clouds as if it they weren't there and even through earth after the sunset. That's not nice!
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 06:11 AM   #3028
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee View Post
What do you mean what's gonna cost you?!? The font is REALVIRTUE. I just found it in my Photoshop installation, don't know if it was there or in Word. I just choosed a font I found, was a 5 secons decision. It's only an suggestion, you can use any font you like, open Photoshop, make a new document, choose your font and let photoshop to make shadows, my ideea was to make the writingto look transparent, so that you can see only the shadows, it's all about "shades" istn't it?!?

Hey nubee i dont think what i wrote came over well

"whats it gonna cost me" is a joke phrase some of us brits use,it just a way of saying if i use it i owe you one or i wouldnt want to use you idea without your permission

Doing some tweaking to the process of getting shade running with FSX values are pretty much set now i think so back to setting the GUI way it functions to me FSX OAP proof

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 02:06 AM   #3029
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's my first ever repaint attempt. Will upload somewhere when I'm done.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-24-11, 12:45 AM   #3030
sillyeagle
sillyego

I tweaked the paint and insignia colors a bit since posting the last shots. Uploaded to Aussiex.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-high-altitude

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-24-11, 06:17 PM   #3031
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Looking Good there Lance,is it a total re-paint or a scuff up job? either way nice work

Shade is still on the way ive had to totally re-write the whole program to make it compatible with all the other ENV addons,funny how havingto start something again can improve its easy of use 10 fold!

Gotta write a Userguide for it now and build and installer for the whole thing,im hopping to have a full RC ready for Beta testing come mid next week! till then heres another teaser shot

Old 02-25-11, 05:42 AM   #3032
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Hey guys

Looking Good there Lance,is it a total re-paint or a scuff up job? either way nice work
Thanks. I just did the base colors and insignias, all the weathering was included in the paint kit, although I modified some of the layers a bit.
EVGA Intel X58

Old 03-02-11, 06:09 AM   #3033
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Looking good people

Been out of it this week... had the flu, or something like it and last week was half-term, so had two little terrors to looks after.

Anyway, getting back on track now... so a few pics.

Look forward to seeing the new version Steve.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 05:01 AM   #3034
NuBee
NuBee

Come on guys, I wanna see more!
Old 03-05-11, 07:47 AM   #3035
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Got a SL of work dropped on me this week so my work on shade has taken a backseat
Program is done and now i just have to work p stuff like custom icon and a userguide PDF..pita and im not sure how many ppl read them (given that a load of ppl thanked other team members for my work on the Redux packages even thought there was a pdf with a who did what list in it i doubt many ppl RTFM anyways but hey its gotta be done.....)

I just got done with a win7 reinstalled and starting toget my FSX stuff reinstalled and sorted out so will have an update soon'ish i hope....

anyhows heres another pic from some testing my BIL has been doing that shows how shade can help pick out those cool details from nature that highres meshes can give

FSDT Mesh (socal im think) + GEX US vers 2.95 ST landclass

Laters
steve
Old 03-06-11, 03:36 AM   #3036
NuBee
NuBee

Oh man, and I'm still at it. Managed to get 2 bigger HDDs (need them for HD editing) and a little faster than my old ones (unfurtunately SSDs are still a no go for me), but I lost myself in testing under different configurations (partitioning with bigger or smaller sectors) as I understand (some people say) smaller sectors help against stuttering. The best I got in tests measured with HD Tune was 273 MB/sec on raid0.
Had also problems with my IDEs so I jumped on sata optical drives (Blueray). So I must do a reinstall now that Win 7 SP 1 is out.
So, is that so? Would smaller sectors in this case really help FSX?!?

Great screen Steve!